1000th Raw Live Results & Discussion

Big Red Machine

Re: 1000th Raw Live Results & Discussion

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 23rd, '12, 21:35

cero2k wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:I'm confused, King and Lawler are playing that like a heel turn for Punk, but how exactly is that a heel turn? Am I missing something, here?
he attacks a babyface while not helping another babyface. it's easy to manipulate the wwe universe
Yes... but Punk will be getting cheered by next week
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 23rd, '12, 21:42

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:I'm confused, King and Lawler are playing that like a heel turn for Punk, but how exactly is that a heel turn? Am I missing something, here?
he attacks a babyface while not helping another babyface. it's easy to manipulate the wwe universe
Yes... but Punk will be getting cheered by next week
maybe, but you can be sure that wwe will make him the bad guy in the eyes of the fans

on a side note, being in St louis, they should have tried to get Orton there, or at least Bourne

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 24th, '12, 00:53

I still don't see how he turned heel. He attacked his potential future opponent, why is that turning heel, necessarily?
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 24th, '12, 08:32

yourcrapsweak wrote:I still don't see how he turned heel. He attacked his potential future opponent, why is that turning heel, necessarily?
Because he did it in a dishonorable way

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 24th, '12, 08:41

Big Red Machine wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:I still don't see how he turned heel. He attacked his potential future opponent, why is that turning heel, necessarily?
I think I'm the only one in the world who still does not see it. If he did turn heel, then it was a really half-assed and shitty turn.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 24th, '12, 08:43

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
I think I'm the only one in the world who still does not see it. If he did turn heel, then it was a really half-assed and shitty turn.
I agree that it's half-assed, I think they can salvage it a bit and not make it a heel turn, but it's definitely there

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 24th, '12, 08:49

Big Red Machine wrote:I agree that it's half-assed, I think they can salvage it a bit and not make it a heel turn, but it's definitely there
It's actually starting to piss me off because I DO NOT SEE IT ONE BIT.
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 24th, '12, 09:22

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:I agree that it's half-assed, I think they can salvage it a bit and not make it a heel turn, but it's definitely there
He ran into the ring and blindsided The Rock. He basically jumped him from behind.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 24th, '12, 09:32

Big Red Machine wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:
He ran into the ring and blindsided The Rock. He basically jumped him from behind.
It wasn't a blindside or an attack from behind, it was a clothesline. Secondly, I saw it as Punk making a statement, because Rock made him look like a b*tch earlier in the night and basically challenged him for his title.
-Kevin Steen

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 24th, '12, 10:17

Big Red Machine wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:
he walked out on cena while he was getting beat up and then attacked the face helping out cena. left the ring without even turning to see the fans, it's a heel turn.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 24th, '12, 11:01

He looked really torn to me though, like he didn't like what he just did.
-Kevin Steen

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 24th, '12, 12:21

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
I don't see it either lol. It seemed more like making a statement than turning heel to me.

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Aug 19th, '12, 04:03

I missed the whole thing so thanx to all of you for this thread. IMO, a half-assed heel turn is best. A half-assed heel turn generates more curiosity, a cliff-hanger if you will, as shown by the discussion it has invoked here.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Aug 19th, '12, 09:36

At the time, it was a Heel Turn because Lawler said it was. I can hear Vince in the headset now... "He's blowing it! It's not working! Sell it Jerry! Sell it Jerry! Tell them what he's supposed to be doing right now!"

I think they realized how shitty it was between shows and rethought it, prompting the only segment from this whole thing I actually enjoyed, in Punk's confrontation of Lawler to start the next show.