BRM Reviews the 7/2/2012 Raw

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 7/2/2012 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 3rd, '12, 23:22

OPENING SEGMENT- very good

CHRISTIAN, SANTINO MARELLA, R-TRUTH, & KOFI KINGSTON vs. CODY RHODES, DAVID OTUNGA, & THE PRIMETIME PLAYERS (w/A.W.)- DUD!
Santino and Otunga pulled off the world’s sh*ttiest Stunner. Then all of the heels run out on Otunga I didn’t like this at all. The Primetime Players needed a win here. Anyway, Santino picks up the win on Otunga… then, after the match, the babyfaces beat him up some more, ending in Brodus hitting him with his finisher.
I think it would have been better to stick both Brodus and another heel in this match, have Otunga clip Brodus’ knee and then have Young and O’Neil hit their finish on him. This would both give the Primetime Players a win and get Otunga more heat to build towards Otunga vs. Brodus at MITB.

TEDDY LONG & DEL RIO BACKSTAGE- okay

ALBERTO DEL RIO (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) vs. SIN CARA- No rating- great segment. I’m not sure why the match didn’t start, but this got GREAT heat, and really made Del Rio look dangerous.

DANIEL BRYAN & AJ BACKSTAGE- an okay segment, but I hope that we don’t get a “Dragon tries to suck up to AJ” segment on every show until the PPV, which is the way it feels like this is going.

PAUL HEYMAN PROMO- very good

DOLPH ZIGGLER & VICKIE GUERRERO vs. SHEAMUS & AJ- 3/10
This was an excuse to both get AJ a win and to stuff Ziggler and Sheamus on the show at the same time.

PUNK & AJ BACKSTAGE- good

HEATH SLATER vs. DOINK THE CLOWN- holy balls! Slater actually won one of th-WHOA! DDP!

NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH: Kane vs. The Big Show- DUD!
THAT’S IT? JUST FOUR F*CKING MINUTES? BOOO!

EVE & AJ SEGMENT- eh

TYSON KIDD vs. TENSAI (w/Sakamoto)- HOLY F*CKING SH*T! I think Tyson Kidd might actually win MITB.

CENA & PUNK and DRAGON & JERICHO SEGMENTS- unnecessary

TENSAI JUMPS TYSON KIDD- good

JOHN CENA & CM PUNK vs. DANIEL BRYAN & CHRIS JERICHO- 6/10
Was going well until the finish. The finish here was well-executed, but it was a terrible idea.

Overall, not a very good episode of Raw

STUPID ANNOUNCER QUOTES:
1. Michael Cole (attempting to hype up the WWE Title Contract MITB match during the Big Show vs. Kane match)- “can you image; the world’s largest athlete… the big red monster… together in the same match-up”
No need to imagine it! It is happening right now, a few feet in front of you, and your job is to actually be concentrating on it!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3