BRM Reviews the 6/11/202 Raw

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/11/202 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 11th, '12, 21:16

OPENING SEGMENT- I would like some clarification as to Vince’s kayfabe role in the WWE at the moment. He was replaced by Triple H and never brought back into power, so how can he fire anyone? I can buy that he is being brought in as a consultant and will recommend to the board whether or not Laurinaitus should keep his job, but I don’t think he can fire anyone.

Anyway, the segment was fun, but Vince trashing Johnny Ace’s cart just seemed mean and unnecessary.

Hmmm… they are kayfabe blaming Del Rio’s concussion on Khali’s brain chop. Good cover.

SHEAMUS vs. TENSAI (w/Sakamoto)- 6/10

JOHNNY ACE, VINCE, TEDDY LONG, & VICKIE GUERRERO BACKSTAGE- good

TENSAI BEATS UP SAKAMOTO- okay…

R-TRUTH PROMO- eh… oh. That just got better.

SANTINO MARELLA & LAYLA EL vs. BETH PHOENIX & RICARDO RODRIGUEZ- decent comedy from the men, and Beth gets win over the Diva’s Champion. I laughed at the aftermath, but I think that it would have been funnier if he had just laid there on the outside the whole time and had to be carried out.

VINCE, OTUNGA, JOHNNY ACE, & KOFI- decent

DANIEL BRYAN, CM PUNK, KANE, & AJ SEGMENT- This was an absolutely outstanding segment… but I don’t like the direction it’s going in. The focus here should be the WWE Title, not AJ’s affections.
“Kane thinks it is getting to second base when a woman looks him in the eyes and doesn’t vomit.”
“As AJ can attest; once you go Bryan, there’s no point in tryin’”

FOUR WAY ELIMINATION MATCH TO DETERMINE THE #1 CONTENDER FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Christian vs. The Great Khali vs. Jack Swagger (w/Vickie Guerrero) vs. Dolph Ziggler (w/Vickie Guerrero)- 7/10

VINCE & THE FUNKETTE’S why is there lighting and music in a random hallway backstage.

RYBACK SQUASH: I LOLed at “Rutherford P.S. Hayes”

VINCE & HORNSWOGGLE and VINCE & CENA SEGMENTS- waste of time.

STEEL CAGE MATCH: The Big Show vs. Kofi Kingston- no rating- GREAT segment. Some cool spots and good teases by Kofi, but Big Show dominated, as he should have.

SIN CARA vs. CURT HAWKINS- squash

VINCE & DRAGON BACKSTAGE- waste of time

VADER vs. HEATH SLATER- AWESOME SQUASH!

PUNK & AJ BACKSTAGE- good

DANIEL BRYAN AND KANE vs. CM PUNK & AJ- no rating. Bad segment. If they somehow now managed to do something good with this, this will retroactively become a good segment. As of right now, though, this whole AJ thing has gone in a ridiculously horrible direction.

CLOSING SEGMENT- not very good. I liked some of the things that Cena and Big Show said, but I really didn’t like segment as a whole. And once again, we have a PPV match where Johnny Ace’s career is on the line.

Overall, I really don’t know how to feel about this episode of Raw. Everything was good, but I really dislike what it all built to.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Rabid619

Re: BRM Reviews the 6/11/202 Raw

Post by Rabid619 » Jun 11th, '12, 22:04

Anyone else notice how Big Show's fist can produce a strong enough wind to knock a man over? I thought Vince would at least take a bit of a bump in that hit. I was sorely disappointed.

Only bits i liked from the show were RR, Punk/Kane/Bryan segment not the match, Vader time (come on nobody can hate on that, you marked out or you're dead inside) Laurinaitis at the end telling Vince how he felt about Vince wrecking his scooter. I found that last bit quite funny and honestly it was a dick thing for Vince to do, i'm surprised Cena didn't do that before.

As for Vince, i think he's taken over Triple H's role for the time being. That or the board gave him the powers to fire people since apparently Triple H is back this Sunday.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 11th, '12, 22:54

Big Red Machine wrote:
SANTINO MARELLA & LAYLA EL vs. BETH PHOENIX & RICARDO RODRIGUEZ- decent comedy from the men, and Beth gets win over the Diva’s Champion. I laughed at the aftermath, but I think that it would have been funnier if he had just laid there on the outside the whole time and had to be carried out.
aside from wrestling here. Why is liking Justin Bieber such a bad thing?? I don't personally like his music, but why would it be humiliating!? some weeks back i remember Triple H standing next to Bieber in a boxing ring, no one said anything.
Big Red Machine wrote: VINCE, OTUNGA, JOHNNY ACE, & KOFI- decent
this is a kofi i could get behind. a mad kofi
Big Red Machine wrote: VINCE & THE FUNKETTE’S why is there lighting and music in a random hallway backstage.
Vince has superpowers. I lol'd at Ryder's face.
Big Red Machine wrote: DANIEL BRYAN AND KANE vs. CM PUNK & AJ- no rating. Bad segment. If they somehow now managed to do something good with this, this will retroactively become a good segment. As of right now, though, this whole AJ thing has gone in a ridiculously horrible direction.
you're just hating this cuz AJ kissed Kane
Big Red Machine wrote: CLOSING SEGMENT- not very good. I liked some of the things that Cena and Big Show said, but I really didn’t like segment as a whole. And once again, we have a PPV match where Johnny Ace’s career is on the line.
I liked Show's stuff, Cena was decent, but it sounded like the things that were said during Cena v Rock with the "You can't lose" thing. However, i hated the fact that this whole show was built on the idea that Vince was evaluating Ace and at the end, we got a Randy/McMahon repeat with things getting physical before anyone gets fired. That plus the firing gets moved to the PPV.

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Jun 11th, '12, 22:58

Big Red Machine wrote:“As AJ can attest; once you go Bryan, there’s no point in tryin’”
GOLD!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 12th, '12, 07:13

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
aside from wrestling here. Why is liking Justin Bieber such a bad thing?? I don't personally like his music, but why would it be humiliating!? some weeks back i remember Triple H standing next to Bieber in a boxing ring, no one said anything.
There is nothing wrong with it, per se. The humor came form the fact that it was a skin-tight shirt, the fact that here was wearing it under his dress shirt like it was some secret expression of his enjoyment of it, and the way that Ricardo sold it.
cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: CLOSING SEGMENT- not very good. I liked some of the things that Cena and Big Show said, but I really didn’t like segment as a whole. And once again, we have a PPV match where Johnny Ace’s career is on the line.
I liked Show's stuff, Cena was decent, but it sounded like the things that were said during Cena v Rock with the "You can't lose" thing. However, i hated the fact that this whole show was built on the idea that Vince was evaluating Ace and at the end, we got a Randy/McMahon repeat with things getting physical before anyone gets fired. That plus the firing gets moved to the PPV.
It's not just that. This is already the second time they have done an angle where someone gives Johnny Ace a job evaluation and he is about to get fired but there is some interruption and he doesn't.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 12th, '12, 10:11

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote: I liked Show's stuff, Cena was decent, but it sounded like the things that were said during Cena v Rock with the "You can't lose" thing. However, i hated the fact that this whole show was built on the idea that Vince was evaluating Ace and at the end, we got a Randy/McMahon repeat with things getting physical before anyone gets fired. That plus the firing gets moved to the PPV.
It's not just that. This is already the second time they have done an angle where someone gives Johnny Ace a job evaluation and he is about to get fired but there is some interruption and he doesn't.
i had been thinking about this. this is the second evaluation Ace has had since he started his GM job. Second time his career is on the line at a PPV match. Dude's having a hard time.