BRM Reviews the 10/6/2011 Impact

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/6/2011 Impact

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 9th, '11, 14:30

STORM & ROODE PROMO- mostly good stuff… but Storm referring to himself and Rude as “young guys” is almost laughable, as they are both 34. Well, it’s laughable until you realize how long these guys have been deserving a push for. Then it is just sad.

GUNNER vs. KAZARIAN- 5/10. Good finish

ANDRSON-BUBBA SEGMENT- Great. I especially liked Anderson apologizing to the fans for joining Immortal, and I like the fact that it took him so long to do so.

KENDRICK & KID KASH SEGMENT- good

MICKIE JAMES & VELVET SKY vs. MADISON RAYNE & WINTER (w/Angelina Love)- 4/10
Good character work on the entrance ramp by the heels.

JEFF & BISCHOFF SEGMENT- good

JEFF PROMO- bad. If Jeff wants to be sorry and atone for what he did, if management doesn’t want him, he should accept it.

SAMOA JOE vs. CRIMSON- 5/10

BUBBA PROMO- okay.

JAMES STORM PROMO- good

BOBBY ROODE VIDEO PACKAGE- GREAT!

JAMES STORM vs. BOBBY ROODE- 6.25/10. WTF? Why the hell would Kurt attack Storm, but not Roode? Also, once again, they go to commercial between the entrance and the match! So everyone just stood there for a few minutes doing nothing?

HULK HOGAN RETIREMENT MOMENTS- I thought these were great. Not because they were actually great moments, but that is because they weren’t intended to be. These were intended to tell the story of Hulk Hogan in TNA over the past 21 months as a lead in to Bound For Glory, to get people who might not have been watching the whole time caught up on the story before the payoff. This was just a more creative way of doing a video package. My one complaint about them is that they didn’t show the formation (or, I guess really the revelation) of Immortal at last year’s Bound For Glory, or Dixie signing the company over to Hogan on the Impact before that, as IMO, those were important pieces of the story this thing was trying to tell us.

HULK HOGAN’S RETIREMENT CEREMONY- GRRRR! THIS DOESN’T MAKE SENSE AT ALL! Hogan doesn’t want to wrestle Sting. That is the reason for this retirement. No one actually thought it was for any other reason than that! So why does Hogan give a rat’s ass if people know why he is retiring or not?

Overall, this episode of Impact was bad in the ring, and, while the segments were all good, it utterly failed as a go-home show for Bound For Glory. This is the show that they should have put on LAST WEEK, so that we have more than three days to be excited for things like AJ vs. Daniels or Bubba vs. Anderson.

Yes, the above paragraph is factually incorrect, as this week wasn’t the go-home show, but I have decided to leave it in my review as it illustrates another MAJOR problem in TNA: I have seen every episode of Impact since Slammiversary (actually I've seen every episode of Impact in the last two and a half years, but only since Slammiversary is relevant here)… and I honestly thought that Bound For Glory was this weekend. I just watched this show… and NOT ONCE did they mention THE DATE OF THEIR BIGGEST PPV OF THE YEAR, WHICH THEY ARE TRYING TO HYPE UP! If I don’t know when the PPV is… how can I buy it?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3