WOTW: Show of the Year (So Far)

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
yourcrapsweak

WOTW: Show of the Year (So Far)

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 3rd, '11, 10:54

I got the idea from BRM's mid-year awards. But what is the worst show you've seen all year so far? Could be a weekly show, a PPV, an indy show, whatever. I just wanna hear about all this crap :)
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Re: WOTW: Show of the Year (So Far)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 3rd, '11, 11:34

Impact. For the reasons why, see my reviews. Or just watch the show. It should be pretty obvious.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Jul 3rd, '11, 11:39

Impact and TNA Victory Road.
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 3rd, '11, 11:41

I was thinking specific shows. I don't expect you to go back and pick out the worst one, but whatever sticks out.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jul 3rd, '11, 12:54

Victory Road was pretty bad, the show was mediocre and main event just made it that terrible.

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Jul 3rd, '11, 13:48

Rabid619 wrote:Victory Road was pretty bad, the show was mediocre and main event just made it that terrible.
It was terrible before the main event.

First Blood match: the cameraman catches Hernandez gigging himself, the referee looks at Hernandez, IGNORES THE BLOOD ON HIS FOREHEAD, and declares Morgan the loser with food coloring all over his midsection.

KO's Tag Title match: Rosita goes to use the title belt on Winter, stands there for a good 10 seconds with the title until Velvet Sky finally makes the run-in to take the title out of Rosita's hands, Rosita (4' 11" and 110 lb.) then rolls up Winter (5' 8", 140 lb., who's also being pushed as some kind of monster) and Winter just sits there for at least 5 seconds--kicking away--until the out of position referee runs in and counts 3.
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

NWK

Post by NWK » Jul 4th, '11, 12:17

Victory Road 2011. TNA should've offered financial compensation for the people who bought the PPV AND the people who streamed it. That bad.
The Andy Rooney of WR, NWK

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jul 4th, '11, 17:40

I don't think it gets any worse than Victory Road; so many things were done sooo terribly.

I have to mention Mania: not that the show was terrible; the IDEAS were terrible. I think Vince and creative thought they knew what the fans really wanted and they were SOOOOO far off! Nobody wanted to see Snooki, nobody wanted to see Cole & Lawler have ANYTHING that resembles an actual match, and (next to Victory Road) this show had the weakest Main Event of the year thus far (Miz v. Lawler had more/better action). I'm not even gonna mention how much time they wasted during the Taker/HHH match (pretty much using the entire extra hour of the ppv) and all the stupid ads for Tough Enough and other things WWE had already over-promoted. It def wasn't as bad as most of the TNA ppv's, but by WM standards, it was like they had no idea what to give us to make this show feel like Mania...

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jul 4th, '11, 18:29

badnewzxl wrote:I have to mention Mania: not that the show was terrible; the IDEAS were terrible. I think Vince and creative thought they knew what the fans really wanted and they were SOOOOO far off! Nobody wanted to see Snooki, nobody wanted to see Cole & Lawler have ANYTHING that resembles an actual match, and (next to Victory Road) this show had the weakest Main Event of the year thus far (Miz v. Lawler had more/better action). I'm not even gonna mention how much time they wasted during the Taker/HHH match (pretty much using the entire extra hour of the ppv) and all the stupid ads for Tough Enough and other things WWE had already over-promoted. It def wasn't as bad as most of the TNA ppv's, but by WM standards, it was like they had no idea what to give us to make this show feel like Mania...
I forgot how bad Mania was this year. With the exception of Punk/Orton & Rhodes/Mysterio it was a pretty bad show, maybe not worse than Victory Road but it was horrible in terms of a WrestleMania. The Trips/Taker match was horrible, i couldnt stand to watch it. They were just spending about a half hour sucking wind. Thats why it took so long, they had to catch their breaths. Cena/Miz stunk because they had to include the Rock doing something which really irked me.