TNA did it!!!

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

TNA did it!!!

Post by cero2k » Apr 19th, '11, 00:50

So' if we thinik about it, now that WWE is no longer a wrestling but an entertaiment company, TNA can now claim to be the no 1 'wrestling' company on tv. By accident, TNA just became the no 1 wrestling company

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Re: TNA did it!!!

Post by Lynas » Apr 19th, '11, 00:52

cero2k wrote:So' if we thinik about it, now that WWE is no longer a wrestling but an entertaiment company, TNA can now claim to be the no 1 'wrestling' company on tv. By accident, TNA just became the no 1 wrestling company
If Eric Bischoff stumbles across this... he'll fucking use it.

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Apr 19th, '11, 00:53

Lynas wrote:
cero2k wrote:So' if we thinik about it, now that WWE is no longer a wrestling but an entertaiment company, TNA can now claim to be the no 1 'wrestling' company on tv. By accident, TNA just became the no 1 wrestling company
If Eric Bischoff stumbles across this... he'll F-word use it.
Then again, on further thoughts... TNA have been claiming to be the top company in the business for about 17 months now.

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Apr 19th, '11, 21:15

Lynas wrote:
Lynas wrote:
If Eric Bischoff stumbles across this... he'll F-word use it.
Then again, on further thoughts... TNA have been claiming to be the top company in the business for about 17 months now.
They were on top of the wrestling scene, by default , but I wouldn't say 17 months. Especially when we had ROH to watch on HDNet. In 2010, I thought they were the No. 1 wrestling company in the U.S.
R.I.P. Randy Mario Poffo, aka Randy "Macho Man" Savage
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Apr 20th, '11, 11:31

They did it for me when I found them for the first time on that backwoods TV network they were on.

What was it? FSN West or something like that? Somewhere in the hinterlands of my channel changer.

Too bad they're undoing it horribly.
Lady Luck is smiling...

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Apr 20th, '11, 13:37

Verdun wrote:They did it for me when I found them for the first time on that backwoods TV network they were on.

What was it? FSN West or something like that? Somewhere in the hinterlands of my channel changer.

Too bad they're undoing it horribly.
Fox Sports Net, I remember watching TNA during that time. TNA would have 2-3 10 minute time limit matches, and they would crush any of the WWE brands when it came to wrestling matches. Plus I've never heard of wrestlers like Petey Williams, Chris Sabin, Jerrelle Clark, & Aj Styles.
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Apr 26th, '11, 20:21

I remember channel surfing and seeing it on the tv guide channel.

And I was like what is this?

Huh... I recognize a few people.

Then I saw Petey Williams do the Canadian Destroyer and it was enough to get me to watch it regularly.

I remember watching when Kenny King was a jobber there.
Lady Luck is smiling...

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » May 2nd, '11, 06:16

On paper TNA should have been the top company along time ago, they have some awesome talent and just when they look as if they are going to be a threat to WWE they go and do something stupid and take about 6 steps back.

Whether you like him or not Vince McMahon is an absolute genius, he is always one step ahead of the competition. For example TNA went weeks with plugging Hulk Hogan joining TNA and them going on at the same time as RAW. So what does Vince do? Brings back Bret Hart to WWE after a 14 year absence!! GENIUS!!!

TNA can now claim to be the top wrestling group but I doubt it would actually happen unless WWE shuts,

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 2nd, '11, 11:26

After thinking about this thread, I have come to the conclusion that the basis of the OP is wrong. WWE's statement didn't say "we aren't a wrestling company anymore." It said "we aren't just a wrestling company anymore." WWE does wrestling and more. The wrestling that WWE does is superior to the wrestling that TNA does.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Post by womenwrestlerfan » May 29th, '11, 15:07

Cactus Jack Manson wrote:Fox Sports Net, I remember watching TNA during that time. TNA would have 2-3 10 minute time limit matches, and they would crush any of the WWE brands when it came to wrestling matches. Plus I've never heard of wrestlers like Petey Williams, Chris Sabin, Jerrelle Clark, & Aj Styles.
Same here, I didn't know who those guys were, but the reason that I LOVE TNA is simple:

The WCW Feel and the names from WCW that got me into watching TNA and I, too remember watching it on FSN

The X-Division is good, but that's not the reason why I watched TNA

TNA = MY WCW LOL

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 29th, '11, 15:56

I've said it before and I'll say it again. People watch wrestling because it is wrestling. When i first discovered TNA, it happened to be Sabu (who I had only heard of before, never seen), Rhino, Jeff, and Abyss on my screen. I stuck around because it was wrestling, and I hadn't watched wrestling for almost a year and a half at that point. Yeah, I knew who Rhino and Jeff were, and I had heard of Sabu, but that wasn't why I watched it. I watched it because it was wrestling. Once their segment was over, I kept watching the show, not in the hopes of seeing them again, but just because it was wrestling and it was enjoyable. By the end of the night, I had been introduced to three of my all-time favorites to ever pass through TNA: AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and Monty Brown. Guys like Nash were mentioned, and I saw Jeff Jarrett, and but the reason I tuned in the next week was to see more of those three guys (and Rhino).

Over the next few weeks I was introduced to AMW, Petey Williams, Jay Lethal, Sonjay Dutt, Samoa Joe, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Matt Bentley, Traci Brooks, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, James Mitchell and others. THAT was why I watched TNA. For guys like that. Seeing Jerry Lynn was nice, and getting to see the Dudleys, Raven, Scott Steiner, and Christian in new environments was cool, but that wasn't why I started watching, and it was never what kept me. It was just a bonus.

Like any wrestling company of a reasonable size, people watch TNA for its own stars. The people who drew viewers into ECW were guys like Raven, RVD, Sabu, and the Eliminators. The people who drew fans into CHIKARA have always been Quack, Claudio, Kingston, Hero, Jigsaw, and F.I.S.T. The guys who drew people in to CZW have always been the core group of original guys Zandig trained (Nick Gage, Justice Pain, Nate Hatred, Ric Blade, Mondo) and guys that CZW later made into stars (the Backseat Boyz, Necro, Toby Klein, Drake Younger, Robert Anthony, Sami Calihan, BLKOUT) etc., and the same holds true for ROH (Joe, Ki, Daniels, AJ, London, The Briscoes, Dragon, Aries, Shelley, Strong, Nigel, Jimmy Jacobs, Cabana, Davey, Punk). A promotion is built on the stars (and concepts) it makes, not the ones it brings in. There is a reason why Sting, Flair, DDP, and Luger were bigger in WCW that Hogan, Hall, Nash, and Savage ever were.

I left Chris Hero's name off of all of the lists in an attempt to be fair to Ian.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Jun 8th, '11, 15:51

womenwrestlerfan wrote:
Cactus Jack Manson wrote:Fox Sports Net, I remember watching TNA during that time. TNA would have 2-3 10 minute time limit matches, and they would crush any of the WWE brands when it came to wrestling matches. Plus I've never heard of wrestlers like Petey Williams, Chris Sabin, Jerrelle Clark, & Aj Styles.
Same here, I didn't know who those guys were, but the reason that I LOVE TNA is simple:

The WCW Feel and the names from WCW that got me into watching TNA and I, too remember watching it on FSN

The X-Division is good, but that's not the reason why I watched TNA

TNA = MY WCW LOL
The X-Division WAS TNA in the beginning. You do have a point though. TNA had a WCW feel to it with people like "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett & Mike Tenay. They also had ECW & ROH stars there as well in the very beginning.
11/15/52 - 5/20/11