Did you Know Jerry Lawler....

Forum rules
All Topics in this subsection must start with the prefix "did you know" followed by the name of the topic.

e.g.
Did You Know...The Rock
Lynas
Future Endeavored

Did you Know Jerry Lawler....

Post by Lynas » Mar 3rd, '11, 10:29

Did you know Jerry Lawler is an accomplished artist?

See some of his work below.

Cactus Jack Manson

Re: Did you Know Jerry Lawler....

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Mar 3rd, '11, 18:15

The Awesome One wrote:I remember a article in WWE magazine about his artistic skills. He used his drawings to insult opponents didn't he?
Yep. They did that when The Ultimate Warrior was back in the WWF in 1996. The Warrior had a comic book out and Jerry was upset that Warrior didn't like the painting he made for him. Thus starting a shi**y feud and an even sh**ier match at King Of The Ring that year.
R.I.P. Randy Mario Poffo, aka Randy "Macho Man" Savage
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Mar 3rd, '11, 19:51

Lawler is a fantastic artist... something that a true wrestling fan should know...

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Mar 3rd, '11, 20:17

ECWFlairfan wrote:Lawler is a fantastic artist... something that a true wrestling fan should know...
I knew that but so what if someone hadnt known that before? Its not like its mentioned on TV, he doesnt draw on camera and doesnt mention drawing so its easy to not know a fact.

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Mar 3rd, '11, 20:23

Rabid619 wrote:
ECWFlairfan wrote:Lawler is a fantastic artist... something that a true wrestling fan should know...
I knew that but so what if someone hadnt known that before? Its not like its mentioned on TV, he doesnt draw on camera and doesnt mention drawing so its easy to not know a fact.
I'm saying if someone's been a wrestling fan for a long time & didn't know that then I'd question when they watched... there have been numerous articles on this topic...

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 3rd, '11, 20:33

I also knew this! I don't remember if it was the WWF Magazine or PWI, but they used to feature his work frequently. If I'm not mistaken, Brett Hart is also very talented in this department.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Mar 3rd, '11, 20:35

ECWFlairfan wrote:I'm saying if someone's been a wrestling fan for a long time & didn't know that then I'd question when they watched... there have been numerous articles on this topic...
Someone can still be a true wrestling fan even when they havent been watching for a long time though. I've basically been following wrestling since about 96 mostly on and off til i went full time in 06. I didnt know about the Jerry Lawler artist thing until a few weeks back.

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Mar 3rd, '11, 22:38

Rabid619 wrote: I knew that but so what if someone hadnt known that before? Its not like its mentioned on TV, he doesnt draw on camera and doesnt mention drawing so its easy to not know a fact.
Does he still do comic strips? That would be interesting to see...
R.I.P. Randy Mario Poffo, aka Randy "Macho Man" Savage
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Mar 4th, '11, 00:26

Cactus Jack Manson wrote: Does he still do comic strips? That would be interesting to see...
Yeah he does. AND more interestingly he was at one point contacted to do some work on the superman comic. I'm not sure if he ever did actually do that.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Mar 4th, '11, 12:32

I didn't know this. Does this make me less of a wrestling fan? :(
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Sassafras

Post by Sassafras » Mar 9th, '11, 16:22

He has a HUGE mural at the University of Memphis (w00t!) of a caricature tiger, the school's mascot.