Jim Cornette on ECW

Videos and Audio Related to Wrestling
kirbs2002

Jim Cornette on ECW

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 28th, '11, 22:55

[youtube][/youtube]
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Re: Jim Cornette on ECW

Post by Lynas » Mar 1st, '11, 04:21

Awesome quote "They weren't hitting people with furniture, they were hitting furniture with people"

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 1st, '11, 18:21

I understand Cornete's criticisms of ECW, but I disagree with the effect they had. I don't think ppl stopped believing wrestling hurt bc of ECW; I think ppl gained more of an appreciation for how tough wrestlers were. I mean, in ECW more than pretty much any where, guys got hurt A LOT; and the fans could tell. ECW didn't rely totally on kayfabe and the fans' suspension of disbelief; they did things (go ahead; call em stunts) that even jaded, skeptical wrestling fans see and say "holy shit! that was for real!" and they'd be right. That's what made ECW "extreme;" it showed the extreme at which wrestling can be criticized (obvious spots being set up) and praised (the sacrifice the performers make with their bodies). ECW shouldn't be criticized for doing what other promotions didn't have the balls to do or didn't choose to do. It doesn't hurt the business to have an alternative. Back then ppl were tired of traditional wrestling; ECW was the alternative. Nowadays, ppl have grown tired of all the hardcore stuff; ROH recieves the same responses now that ECW got back then. Some ppl criticize them for not having enough "entertainment" and those jaded fans I mentioned earlier see ROH matches and say "wait; that guy really did chop the piss outta that guy!" Is ROH hurting the business by not following the mainstream like TNA and WWE?

womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Post by womenwrestlerfan » Mar 4th, '11, 20:15

I think that Jim Cornette has issues

I hope and pray that he gets over it real fast.