Bushwhackers Hall of Fame announcement to come tonight

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Bushwhackers Hall of Fame announcement to come tonight

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 23rd, '15, 11:48

Source: F4W-WON

Monday, 23 February 2015 09:25

The Bushwhackers entrance into the WWE Hall of Fame will be announced tonight on Raw from Nashville.

WWE had teased a tag team going in and The Bushwhackers name had been out the past few days, and Luke Williams did a lengthy interview today in New Zealand confirming it at http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv ... ll-of-fame

Luke Williams (Brian Wickens) and Butch Miller (Robert Miller) made up the team, and prior to that were part of several different incarnations of The Sheepherders, a great heel team in a number of territories.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Bushwhackers Hall of Fame announcement to come tonight

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 23rd, '15, 11:58

Big Red Machine wrote:Source: [urln=http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top- ... me-tonight] F4W/WON [/urln]

Luke Williams (Brian Wickens) and Butch Miller (Robert Miller) made up the team, and prior to that were part of several different incarnations of The Sheepherders, a great heel team in a number of territories.
The fact that you could be a great heel tag team with a name like "The Sheepherders" shows how much the business has changed.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 23rd, '15, 12:15

i guess in name value they do deserve the induction. I could still come up with better options than them

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 23rd, '15, 12:19

cero2k wrote:i guess in name value they do deserve the induction. I could still come up with better options than them
Stevens & Patterson are geogrpahically appropriate, but it'd be better to do induct Stevens by himself.
The Dudleys would be at the top of that list, but I assume they'll save them for the next time they're in Philly.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 23rd, '15, 12:33

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:i guess in name value they do deserve the induction. I could still come up with better options than them
Stevens & Patterson are geogrpahically appropriate, but it'd be better to do induct Stevens by himself.
The Dudleys would be at the top of that list, but I assume they'll save them for the next time they're in Philly.
yeah, geographically i guess they do make sense and while i'd say the freebirds would be good enough for the area, but that being a name you can induct anywhere in the world, it's best to just take advantage to get these guys in.

to me there's still the steiners, the bulldogs, the freebirds, and the hart foudation as a team before the dudleyz

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 23rd, '15, 12:49

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
yeah, geographically i guess they do make sense and while i'd say the freebirds would be good enough for the area, but that being a name you can induct anywhere in the world, it's best to just take advantage to get these guys in.

to me there's still the steiners, the bulldogs, the freebirds, and the hart foudation as a team before the dudleyz
I'd assume the Freebirds are going in next year in Texas. Bulldogs can be done anywhere (though Calgary would obviously be best, but they would be overshadowed by the obvious Owen Hart induction).
As for the Hart Foundaton... are they really a Hall of Fame Team?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 23rd, '15, 15:05

Big Red Machine wrote: As for the Hart Foundaton... are they really a Hall of Fame Team?
considering this topic is about the Bushwackers going in, then yes.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 23rd, '15, 16:33

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: As for the Hart Foundaton... are they really a Hall of Fame Team?
considering this topic is about the Bushwackers going in, then yes.
Fair point.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 23rd, '15, 19:58

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: Stevens & Patterson are geogrpahically appropriate, but it'd be better to do induct Stevens by himself.

I'd assume the Freebirds are going in next year in Texas. Bulldogs can be done anywhere (though Calgary would obviously be best, but they would be overshadowed by the obvious Owen Hart induction).
Really... Is Wrestlemania ever going to come to Calgary? I would sh*t more dicks than the entire WWE roster possesses were that to happen, but it won't. Especially because the Saddledome is the only arena we really have that can accomodate sporting events, and it only holds like 20,000 people.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 23rd, '15, 20:35

Serujuunin wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Cero2k wrote: to me there's still the steiners, the bulldogs, the freebirds, and the hart foudation as a team before the dudleyz
Really... Is Wrestlemania ever going to come to Calgary? I would sh*t more dicks than the entire WWE roster possesses were that to happen, but it won't. Especially because the Saddledome is the only arena we really have that can accomodate sporting events, and it only holds like 20,000 people.
Also, the Canadian Dollar is weaker than the American Dollar.

Also... "sh*tting dicks" is quite the mental visual.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 23rd, '15, 23:15

Big Red Machine wrote:[quote="Serujuunin"

[/quote]
exactly, Canada altogether seems to be out of talks for WM, not to mention they for some reason hate Toronto. I think we're closing in on 10 yrs since Toronto had a ppv show

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 23rd, '15, 23:39

Big Red Machine wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: I'd assume the Freebirds are going in next year in Texas. Bulldogs can be done anywhere (though Calgary would obviously be best, but they would be overshadowed by the obvious Owen Hart induction).

Also... "sh*tting dicks" is quite the mental visual.
Haha sorry, I keep forgetting that some people don't have the same friends I do. It's a thing that my boyfriend and his friends say, and I found myself saying it despite myself...

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Feb 24th, '15, 00:53

cero2k wrote:exactly, Canada altogether seems to be out of talks for WM, not to mention they for some reason hate Toronto. I think we're closing in on 10 yrs since Toronto had a ppv show
Bizzaro world? They'll probs boo Reigns and Cena and cheer Rollins or something and that just can't be had. The last straw was booing the divas way back when :p

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 24th, '15, 07:20

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:[quote="Serujuunin"
exactly, Canada altogether seems to be out of talks for WM, not to mention they for some reason hate Toronto. I think we're closing in on 10 yrs since Toronto had a ppv show[/quote]

Which would be about when the Canadian Dollar went downhill, right?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 24th, '15, 09:54

Earth Child wrote:
cero2k wrote:exactly, Canada altogether seems to be out of talks for WM, not to mention they for some reason hate Toronto. I think we're closing in on 10 yrs since Toronto had a ppv show
Bizzaro world? They'll probs boo Reigns and Cena and cheer Rollins or something and that just can't be had. The last straw was booing the divas way back when :p
It's about half boos and half cheers for both of those guys when they're here. We do cheer Rollins too, and Cesaro, and a few other guys that the rest of the world doesn't seem to want to cheer haha