Bad News for TNA Regarding Television

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Bad News for TNA Regarding Television

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 5th, '14, 16:27

Source: [urln=http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top- ... elevision-] http://www.F4WOnline.com[/urln]

The Spike web site is listing a movie "End of Watch," for the 9-11 p.m. Wednesday night time slot on Nov. 26. That was the first week of scheduled "Best of Impact Wrestling" programming that was orginally talked about for the remainder of the year.

The Nov. 19 show is the final episode taped. TNA has no events scheduled in November to do new tapings, but there are plans not announced for future tapings.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Bad News for TNA Regarding Television

Post by cero2k » Nov 5th, '14, 18:16

this could also be an indication that TNA finally landed another contract and is moving on, and spiketv doesn't see the need the keep TNA on their schedule. otherwise, wouldn't this be spike breaking some sort of agreement?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 5th, '14, 19:08

cero2k wrote:this could also be an indication that TNA finally landed another contract and is moving on, and spiketv doesn't see the need the keep TNA on their schedule. otherwise, wouldn't this be spike breaking some sort of agreement?
I don't know if there was ever a signed deal about it, but if there was, I would think this would count as Spike breaking the agreement whether TNA had gotten a new TV deal or not.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 7th, '14, 22:52

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:this could also be an indication that TNA finally landed another contract and is moving on, and spiketv doesn't see the need the keep TNA on their schedule. otherwise, wouldn't this be spike breaking some sort of agreement?
I don't know if there was ever a signed deal about it, but if there was, I would think this would count as Spike breaking the agreement whether TNA had gotten a new TV deal or not.
Their contract was up, the agreement they had to stay on till the end of the year was verbal and I think was less of an "agreement" and more of a favor.

Sounds to me like Spike was under the impression they'd be taping enough episodes to close out the year (Spike apparently doesn't read the dirtsheets). "Best Of Impact Wrestling"...? Yeah... that's not what we talked about...

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 9th, '14, 23:44

Apparently, Spike has addressed this stating that the night before Thanksgiving is a ratings nightmare so they're preempting Impact with the movie. The 'Best Of's' are scheduled to begin the following week.

From f4wonline:
The Spike website is listing the movie End of Watch for the Wednesday, November 26th time slot -- the first week that would have had "Best of Impact Wrestling" programming that was orginally talked about for the remainder of the year.

It's been reported that Spike will continue airing Impact in December and this is only a one night thing. However, Spike also said that they have not determined whether Impact will air on either Dec. 24 or Dec. 31. A Spike official said that the change was made because 11/26 (Thanksgiving eve) is usually a weak night for television.

The Wednesday, November 19th show is the final original episode as TNA has no events scheduled in November to do new tapings. However, there are plans not announced for future tapings.
No Feast Or Fired this year, but they still have a pulse!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 10th, '14, 00:04

Bob-O wrote:
No Feast Or Fired this year
HOORAY!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 10th, '14, 12:24

If you all seriously think that's going to matter, then I really must reevaluate my opinions of you I've formed over all these years. You should know Damn well nothing like this means anything in the world of wrestling. They'll find a way of making an excuse, ("We're taking Thanksgiving night off for time with our families, so we're celebrating it early. ) and Tenay will be up there talking about it all boringly, as usual.

Note: Thanksgiving Eve, or whatever night it actually usually is.

To quote Michael from The Godfather Part II: It's not impossible. Nothing's impossible.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.