WWE will have a main event on the network tonight after Raw

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

WWE will have a main event on the network tonight after Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 3rd, '14, 18:57

Source: F4WOnline

Sheamus vs. Rusev for the U.S. title will be pushed during Raw as the main event taking place after Raw is over, exclusively on the network, to try and increase sign-ups during the free month.

This was a decision just made since it was not listed on the network schedule this afternoon.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: WWE will have a main event on the network tonight after

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 3rd, '14, 18:59

Hopefully this match will be on demand on the Network so those of us not watching Raw live can watch it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 3rd, '14, 23:38

"Free", my ass.

That really doesn't even exist anymore.

*buy 2 burgers get the third free. *

No, I'm paying the price of two for three. You're just giving me a discount.

If it was free I'd walk in and be handed it , talkin' ' bout "Free hamburger! "
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 4th, '14, 00:41

KILLdozer wrote:"

If it was free I'd walk in and be handed it , talkin' ' bout "Free hamburger! "
That's what they're doing. They got rid of the six month commitment. It's all month-to-month now, and this month is totally free. You can sign up for free this month and then not renew next month.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 4th, '14, 19:23

That's still not free. I guess they're throwin' the percentage of my power/phone bill at me, too?

Anything that is labeled free and requires me to spend anything of mine I possess/will possess, is not considered free to myself.

I've thought this way for mulitple years now-"Oh with that line of thinking you'll never feel anything free exists. "

Exactly.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 4th, '14, 21:01

KILLdozer wrote:That's still not free. I guess they're throwin' the percentage of my power/phone bill at me, too?

Anything that is labeled free and requires me to spend anything of mine I possess/will possess, is not considered free to myself.

I've thought this way for mulitple years now-"Oh with that line of thinking you'll never feel anything free exists. "

Exactly.
Would you be happier if they but an asterisk next to it and had a voice at the end of the commercial quickly tell you that normal internet and power fees still apply?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Nov 4th, '14, 21:56

Big Red Machine wrote:Hopefully this match will be on demand on the Network so those of us not watching Raw live can watch it.
I'm sure you figured this out already, but it is, 'cause I just watched it.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 4th, '14, 22:12

Serujuunin wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Hopefully this match will be on demand on the Network so those of us not watching Raw live can watch it.
I actually haven't looked yet. Is it worth watching?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 4th, '14, 22:16

Big Red Machine wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:
it's good, but the finish was a bit meh to me

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Nov 4th, '14, 22:43

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Serujuunin wrote: I'm sure you figured this out already, but it is, 'cause I just watched it.
it's good, but the finish was a bit meh to me
After what JBL said close to the beginning of the match, I actually liked the finish, it kinda built both guys up a bit. It was a harder fought match than most of Rusev's matches, so Sheamus didn't look bad coming out of it, and Rusev looked better than in all his squash matches. I even liked it better than Rusev vs. Henry or Show.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 4th, '14, 23:07

Serujuunin wrote: After what JBL said close to the beginning of the match, I actually liked the finish, it kinda built both guys up a bit. It was a harder fought match than most of Rusev's matches, so Sheamus didn't look bad coming out of it, and Rusev looked better than in all his squash matches. I even liked it better than Rusev vs. Henry or Show.
I'll definitely check it out then.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 4th, '14, 23:52

I really, really, really, REALLY, don't like the whole "Sheamus as US Champion therefore he is the defender of the belt and the protecter of them taking THIS nation's title"....when he's not even born and/or bred here. He is NOT fully American. In fact, he barely can be classified as such because he's spent almost ALL of his natural born life across the water. Why do I care about the man from Ireland trying to defend "the honour of the country" ?

I get the angle-I mean it's painstakingly obvious to get. ..in a way, there's not much to it-"Sheamus defends belt from Rusev". Granted, last night's parts was the first Raw I saw in well over a month, and not to mention I had the fire in my hand practically at every opportunity for a month recently, consecutively, so I can't remember shit of BRM's reviews, but it seemed normal to me and pretty basic.

I'm trying to say this would mean so much more if a man whose entire family ORIGINATED ( for added effect) in America.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 5th, '14, 00:00

And if you call me racist you can get shot. ;)

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 5th, '14, 00:22

KILLdozer wrote:I really, really, really, REALLY, don't like the whole "Sheamus as US Champion therefore he is the defender of the belt and the protecter of them taking THIS nation's title"....when he's not even born and/or bred here. He is NOT fully American. In fact, he barely can be classified as such because he's spent almost ALL of his natural born life across the water. Why do I care about the man from Ireland trying to defend "the honour of the country" ?

I get the angle-I mean it's painstakingly obvious to get. ..in a way, there's not much to it-"Sheamus defends belt from Rusev". Granted, last night's parts was the first Raw I saw in well over a month, and not to mention I had the fire in my hand practically at every opportunity for a month recently, consecutively, so I can't remember shit of BRM's reviews, but it seemed normal to me and pretty basic.

I'm trying to say this would mean so much more if a man whose entire family ORIGINATED ( for added effect) in America.
I get what you're saying, but actually like it this way. Sheamus, like Rusev, is a man who came to the United States to compete, but unlike Rusev, he has embraced America and it's values. It's a great juxtaposition.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 5th, '14, 00:52

That makes sense -as I said I been flamed so I didn't remember nor see it like that.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 5th, '14, 12:57

I just heard in a podcast reporting that by the time they did this match, half of the arena was already leaving or had already left

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Nov 5th, '14, 15:31

cero2k wrote:I just heard in a podcast reporting that by the time they did this match, half of the arena was already leaving or had already left
Yeah it was hella quiet but I think that's just bc ppl were tired of sitting there. That's about 4hrs of sitting and the outcome of Rusevs matches have all been too similar

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 5th, '14, 16:02

badnewzxl wrote:
cero2k wrote:I just heard in a podcast reporting that by the time they did this match, half of the arena was already leaving or had already left
Yeah it was hella quiet but I think that's just bc ppl were tired of sitting there. That's about 4hrs of sitting and the outcome of Rusevs matches have all been too similar
this is hopefully an indication to WWE to not try to keep running the show more than that. Also considering it's a monday and most have school or work the next day and may not want to stay for an extra match

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 5th, '14, 16:25

cero2k wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:
this is hopefully an indication to WWE to not try to keep running the show more than that. Also considering it's a monday and most have school or work the next day and may not want to stay for an extra match
This. So much this.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Nov 7th, '14, 00:03

I think they thought it might be okay bc it was Election day the next day, but kids and parents had still been up since 6 or 7 am. A match with a predictable outcome isn't enough to keep them there.

Maybe they shoulda done it during the pre show....