This REALLY annoys me....

Tell it to the world!!
Rabid619

This REALLY annoys me....

Post by Rabid619 » Feb 15th, '11, 15:47

One thing i've seen in the WWE that annoys the crap out of me is some of the signs. Last night reminded me again of my hatred. I'm not talking about a particular sign in general. I'm talking about the signs that you see in the crowd when someone comes back after a hiatus or long absence. When Jericho came back in 2007 there was at least a sign or two with Y2J or Jericho written on it. Just last night when the Rock showed up im pretty sure i saw a Just Bring It or Rock sign. I highly doubt WWE would let those signs in so its likely a plant especially when those signs look like they're done by a professional.

Am I Alone In This Hatred?

kirbs2002

Re: This REALLY annoys me....

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 15th, '11, 15:55

I'm fairly certain that they are smarks, not plants. It's actually VERY easy to sneak a sign into an arena.
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 15th, '11, 16:06

kirbs2002 wrote:I'm fairly certain that they are smarks, not plants. It's actually VERY easy to sneak a sign into an arena.
But how did they know that The Rock would show up? Or they just brought their Rock signs just in case? Doesn't seem very likely.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 15th, '11, 16:12

Big Red Machine wrote:
kirbs2002 wrote:I'm fairly certain that they are smarks, not plants. It's actually VERY easy to sneak a sign into an arena.
But how did they know that The Rock would show up? Or they just brought their Rock signs just in case? Doesn't seem very likely.
Certainly. Nobody's going to say anything about it once they get it in. If the Rock doesn't show, nobody cares because they already look like idiots. If the Rock shows, then it's self-explanatory.

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 15th, '11, 16:13

kirbs2002 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
If the Rock shows, then it's self-explanatory.
But it spoils things.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 15th, '11, 16:21

Big Red Machine wrote: But it spoils things.
So, why revoke it and risk confirming it?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 15th, '11, 16:25

kirbs2002 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: But it spoils things.
So, why revoke it and risk confirming it?
It only risks confirmation if the signs are seen and clearly readable. I know people who have had signs taken away at WWE events (granted these were signs promoting other companies, but still ...)

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 15th, '11, 16:34

i am with you in this hatred

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 15th, '11, 17:32

If they were plants, chances are the camera guys would know where they are and would know to avoid them until the right time. If they were smarks they could have hidden them some way. When I went to RAW, they weren't even checking signs.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Feb 15th, '11, 19:28

Serujuunin wrote:If they were plants, chances are the camera guys would know where they are and would know to avoid them until the right time.
Thats true and it would be very annoying. Those signs i saw were WAY too good looking to be made by a smark. Smarks wouldnt put that much time into it and even so, i doubt they knew for sure it was gonna be The Rock. The idea of them giving people signs annoys me. Why do it?

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 15th, '11, 19:31

Rabid619 wrote: That's true and it would be very annoying. Those signs i saw were WAY too good looking to be made by a smark. Smarks wouldn't put that much time into it and even so, i doubt they knew for sure it was gonna be The Rock. The idea of them giving people signs annoys me. Why do it?
Because it looks good on TV for just about everyone else and they've been doing it for ages.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Feb 15th, '11, 20:28

kirbs2002 wrote:Because it looks good on TV for just about everyone else and they've been doing it for ages.
It doesnt effect anything though. Its not like they wont know whos there. If u tune in and see the guy in the ring you dont look out into the crowd to try to remember his name its just stupid. The whole concept of it irks me.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 15th, '11, 21:03

Rabid619 wrote:
kirbs2002 wrote:Because it looks good on TV for just about everyone else and they've been doing it for ages.
It doesnt effect anything though. Its not like they wont know whos there. If u tune in and see the guy in the ring you dont look out into the crowd to try to remember his name its just stupid. The whole concept of it irks me.
It could be like TNA planting people in the front row to cheer for every little thing... They want to make themselves look better.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 15th, '11, 22:50

Serujuunin wrote:
Rabid619 wrote:
It could be like TNA planting people in the front row to cheer for every little thing... They want to make themselves look better.
TNA does that because they only have one local group of fans who get to see the shows.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation