CHIKARA, Puzzles and Clues, Oh my!

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
cero2k
Site Admin

CHIKARA, Puzzles and Clues, Oh my!

Post by cero2k » Oct 10th, '13, 09:51

BRM, have you seen this before? it was going on in the chikara boards
So I started writing this in forum and didn't expect it to be so long so read like a memoir.... which then drastically changes style and tense as it goes along but is a nice history of someone who walks in "blind" (I wasn't totally blind, but I wasn't a 101 member, I stayed on the sidelines not even lurking here, just watching stuff online for fun... and then... well here I am... as much a member of the Chikarmy as all of you and trying to get myself to General in the shortest time possible so you'll beg whoever it is to beg to make me Director of FUN!

Robbie "Fear" Connor- Chikara Director of FuN! has a nice ring to it.

IT BEGINS HERE:
One of the things I really can't seem to figure out from the thread at all is the

following:
Why only some people got the unlisted video clue that was a PM from @mysteriump.
I mean this video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Ucw0MqFjo

I'm honestly thinking as Babs is that we have to restart with the start of it all, as best as we possibly can.

Step 1.: Follow MysteriumP.
Step 2: Somehow the following numbers in the backrgound of @mysteriump lead to

the video or it lead to some clue.

Step 3: So they

started unlocking the answers to clues really really really fast, like in a day.

Step 4: I can't figure out where the SARADR was supposed to be a code for the

already existed karistchai.com/ direction pointing came from, but it was right

and gave a clue to old cartoon shows leading to another reference.

Step 4.1: This DVD cover has something to do with the entire MysteriumP
livedoor.blogimg.jp/phenominal14/imgs/2/f/2f5f37f7.jpg

4.2: From the thread:
1:May 25th 2002
3:El Generico
4:Brick
5:Incoherence
7:Cibernetico Forever
8:Uncanny Xmen #268
9:High Hopes
10:The Devil and Peter Tork

FILLED in from reading the threads more:
#2 was CLEVER YOU ARE which came from a crazy piece of having to actually own

the Chikara DVDs for the for shpws that used lyrics from The Division Bell. On the

back of those DVDS were diamonds with letters. In order they were ELC, REV, OUY,

ERA
Which is freaking awesome and if this was planned out as well as it was... as I

continue through the thread hoping to see if I can figure out if people were never

supposed to go further. Only 1 person was supposed to "win".

#11 seemed to end up being connected to Podcast a Go Go #292 which offered

numbers from LOST in the wrong order which added up to something to do with

addition and leading to references. The thread is a little unclear on what the answer

was there, maybe it's somewhere, but my eyes are glazing over.

#12 references beating the iOS game which points to 108: Tursas which somehow

gets you to a Chikara cover where a Transformer is referenced, that Transformer was

the answer.

#13 was pretty fascinating I must say, reading them trying to figure it out,

MysteriumP popping his head up again. In the end MP had to end up giving them them hidden blog though. Located at:
www.chikarapro.com/blog/2-19-2011.php
to get enough people for Phase 2.
In it the capital letters gave them the names of band members from KISS. Further resaerch led all to know there was a KISS compliation from Japan called CHIKARA. Using the fact that all the actual lines in the post seemed to connect to Tears for Fears it was a coy reference to the last track on CHIKARA... which was Tears Are Falling. The final answer to #13 and those who gave all 13 answers with properly explained reasons to how they came to those (and not just ... the board said so... you had to explain why that was the answer based on the clues) became the 12. Yet... a +1 existed... a 12+1. That brings us to...

Step 5: Want to skip Phase 1, don't think it matters? Phase 2 starts on this page

where MysteriumP actually talks on the 101:
chikara101.proboards.com/thread/2532/mysteriump?page=127&scrollTo=76519

Step 5 side note: The intriguing fact of 12+1 which I spoke with Babs a bunch about

in person is right here. The pyramid... 13 seasons... Yet... was Season 12 season 12

or was it season 11? Is THIS Season 12, as in all this saga leading to the REAL

Season 13...?

Step 6: So Phase 2 first clue was "The Echo of Syd"

This clue was figured through some magical brain workings of an individual who realized an echo meant a measurement so from what I can ascertain from reading the answer was the time code for "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" off of Pink Floyd's ECHOES.
"Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (Parts 1–7, edited version) Gilmour, Waters, Wright originally from Wish You Were Here 17:32

and crazily and interestingly people had been looking at that since they figured out the Diamonds with CLEVER YOU ARE on it, so in terms of everything it was all there in front of their face, but it was at same time not obvious enough.

Step 7: Clue 2 was Held Captive by the Walls before The Minus World

Things thrown at the "wall" while the ticker ran down to zero and MP went to ether was -1 in Mario Brothers. Songs that would be between chapters of Brick songs in Pink Floyd's THE WALL, figuring out if HCWTMW might relay to something like other capital letters had in the past. What Held Captive could reference.

The Mario thing was a hint though and vivaeljason figured it all out. Hell he figured it to #8 of Phase 2.

Here's all he wrote:
"The answer for #2 was jolly. The phrase "Held Captive by the Walls before the Minus World" points to Super Mario Bros. and its famous Minus World glitch. If you'll remember, all of the shows this year have video game logos -- Super Mario Bros. was represented by A Death Worse Than Fate, and at that show was a QR code that was "held captive by the walls," so to speak. The QR code at that show, as a reminder, was the "These 5 make 10" image that was posted in this thread way back in the day and which spelled out "roger"; oddly enough, someone actually put "jolly" soon after in the thread.

This led to the clue for #3: 2) 42.918031,-73.240858.

So #3 works like this -- the numbers are coordinates for Bennington, Vermont, which was host to two Chikara shows. The 2 with a parentheses presumably means it's asking for the second show, so the answer is the date of the show (11.20.2004)

That leads to the clue for #4, which was "Pajitnov's Greatest." A quick Google search will tell you that Pajitnov was the last name of the creator of Tetris, and "Caught in the Spider's Den" was the show with a Tetris inspired logo. It was the same weekend as A Death Worse Than Fate and also had a QR code. I'm not going to search through the mumbo jumbo of this thread, but the QR code went to the video for The Talking Heads' "Once In a Lifetime." Guess what? That was a Chikara show title. The date? 9.22.2006

The clue for the next one happens to be my favorite thing ever. It said something like "Video Power Magazine asks: Who Was Dahteste?" Do yourselves the favor here and Google the name "Dahteste" and figure it out and then go to www.videopowermagazine.com. It's a dummy site set up by Chikara and, much like Karist Chai, you will not be disappointed when you put in the code. Regardless, the answer is the name of the musician that appears in the video. I don't want to spoil it, like I said, because I enjoyed the hell out of it.

#6's clue was "His Only." However, it was originally something different -- Clupea Ruber, which is a roooooough translation of the phrase "red herring" into Latin. The original clue made me think of Vin Gerard (because of his Equinox gimmick and because I had no idea what else it could point to), but it turns out the answer was tangentially related. At one show, in HIS ONLY appearance, big man Bull Pain showed up to help VG.

The clue for #7 was "His room is comfortably small with rubber lining the walls." Those would be song lyrics for Absolutely Bill's Mood by They Might Be Giants, which would happen to be the entrance music for one Zane Madrox.

This led to the clue for #8. It was "O Fim de...", which in Portuguese means "the end of..." And I hit a wall. I figured it could have to do with a stable breaking up, or maybe Delirious (I kept looking for a blog post IN Portuguese), or even a season finale, but I found nothing. And since it appears that the entire contest page is no longer up, it appears that this may in fact be "the end of" any further speculation regardless."

This final thing mentioned by olewrestling who hasn't posted in awhile could mean nothing, but it's there and MysteriumP is back and at least on the boards
#8 "O Fim de..." is as far as we go.
Pretty sure the answer to #8 was something to do with "Hiding in Plain Sight" 10.30.2009 where the Portugese Princess Ariel lost to Sara Del Rey in her only Chikara appearance.

Finally before Jason posted all that stuff which he felt no one was watching so he gave up asking for help while the timer ran down one
SouledOut
said this
"At this point of the game, I'm more concerned to guess who will turns out behind this whole riddle, rather than try to solve it alone, since evryone seems to have given up on this. Imho, everything will be revealed in a blog written on the aftermath of the 10th and 11th of November, with some kind of huge storyline heading towards the season finale and beyond.
This or either the whole thing will remain unsolved till everyone forgets it. Then it will be bought up again in a classic-Chikara style."

Which is where we are...

EVERYONE forgot about MysteriumP months ago. They left it for dead. Now Chikara is "dead" and of ALL people Icarus tells us to go back to MysteriumP through a really weird Cypher which got cracked quick.

So... even with ALL of Mysterium down... maybe if someone can figure out 8 and write the w.c.vavasseur email the answer OR tweet it to @mysteriump with the original hashtag as well, we can MOVE ON!

LETS GO PEOPLE!

Read more: http://chikara101.proboards.com/post/12 ... z2hKoktXYp

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: CHIKARA, Puzzles and Clues, Oh my!

Post by cero2k » Oct 10th, '13, 09:55

also this
From facebook:

Sinn Bodhi
Wrestling is not art. I am art. Wrestling is a collection of extra ordinary people unfortunately devoid of accountability and empathy. Wrestling is a plethora of dangerous creatures acting cowardly and wretched. If only you knew what your heroes were truly like. If only you knew how badly they are letting you down. They assume that we are all stupid and will fall in line if herded in any given direction.
If any of these clowns think for a minute that I was unaware that the Eye of Tyr was a fake then the joke is sorely on them. Life is Chess, not Checkers you silly false idols. Vengeance is timing. I am art. My name is taken for the only thing that unites us… Please beware; this is simply the calm before the Sinn.
Your Warlord Of Weird,
Sinn Bodhi

Read more: http://chikara101.proboards.com/thread/ ... z2hKpsFUbE

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 10th, '13, 10:00

annnnnd this.

The vine page for the Ashes teasers. Seems like the next one involves 3.0

http://seenive.com/u/961754907554234368

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 10th, '13, 14:36

I have no idea what to make of this
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 10th, '13, 20:07

Big Red Machine wrote:I have no idea what to make of this
seems that a lot of things have been happening, but it's hard to keep track. truth is we're getting close to the dates of the season finale and the september show was 'the answer is in the end' so hopefully we get something big coming out soon. Word on the street also is that Wink is back to using twitter, he hadn't been active since the shutdown.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 11th, '13, 20:28

cero2k wrote:also this
From facebook:

Sinn Bodhi
Wrestling is not art. I am art. Wrestling is a collection of extra ordinary people unfortunately devoid of accountability and empathy. Wrestling is a plethora of dangerous creatures acting cowardly and wretched. If only you knew what your heroes were truly like. If only you knew how badly they are letting you down. They assume that we are all stupid and will fall in line if herded in any given direction.
If any of these clowns think for a minute that I was unaware that the Eye of Tyr was a fake then the joke is sorely on them. Life is Chess, not Checkers you silly false idols. Vengeance is timing. I am art. My name is taken for the only thing that unites us… Please beware; this is simply the calm before the Sinn.
Your Warlord Of Weird,
Sinn Bodhi

Read more: http://chikara101.proboards.com/thread/ ... z2hKpsFUbE
so Wink took out CHIKARA, Cube took out Awesome, Eddie Kingston brought war to ROH, and if Bodhi takes out Art, then I think we may be seeing a league of injustice forming a group that will try to take out NPWD where the heroes will have to join and confront.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 11th, '13, 21:39

ohhh forgot to mention, GEKIDO closed out Wrestling Is Intense too!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 12th, '13, 19:48

cero2k wrote:
so Wink took out CHIKARA, Cube took out Awesome, Eddie Kingston brought war to ROH, and if Bodhi takes out Art, then I think we may be seeing a league of injustice forming a group that will try to take out NPWD where the heroes will have to join and confront.
I think you figured it out.

And NPWD is the only event on the CHIKARA website not listed as being cancelled.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 15th, '13, 10:12

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
I think you figured it out.

And NPWD is the only event on the CHIKARA website not listed as being cancelled.
if Ares ever wanted to come back, this would be a perfect time for him and Tursas to come and destroy another Wresting Is promotion

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 15th, '13, 17:52

Today agents of Condor Security went to several houses across the US looking for people. Here is an article about it

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 1st, '13, 20:26

a new development, a pretty big one
Hidden text.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 2nd, '13, 14:11

an update from the philly rally.

Gavin and Bryce were there with a ring. Also this guy called Kid Cyclone that i don't know.

Hallowicked, Icarus, and assailANT got there.
Los Ice Cream and Kobald later appeared, we got a Trios match

meanwhile the match, someone called 'tom' got kidnapped by Condor Security. He's apparently a regular from the Chikara boards, some people are speculating that it's Thomas Carter, aka Reckless Youth, but i kinda doubt it at this point.

There was also a bunch of wrestling masks tagged in below the bridge and a bunch of drawings of crowns, a symbol similar to the eye of tyr, and some 'I AM'

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 2nd, '13, 16:25

cero2k wrote:a new development, a pretty big one
Hidden text.
Hmm...

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 3rd, '13, 16:42

this is the tom that got kidnapped by Condor Security on saturday's rally

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 3rd, '13, 22:31

the plot thickens
[youtube][/youtube]

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 5th, '13, 11:42

Two private youtube videos found on wink's Twitter page a few days ago. In fact, is Twitter on and before November 1 seems to be a treasure trove of info.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation