BRM Reviews CHIKARA Bruised (not good)

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews CHIKARA Bruised (not good)

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 3rd, '13, 19:01

CHIKARA Bruised (10/26/2007)- Reading, PA

EDDIE KINGSTON PROMO- great

U.S. APE, MOS-COW, & DRAGON DRAGON vs. THE ORDER OF THE NEO-SOLAR TEMPLE (UltraMantis Black, Crossbones, & Hydra)- no rating
Decent comedy. I laughed my ass off when Dragon Dragon started to use Bryan Danielson’s MMA Elbows.

JIGSAW vs. DRAGON YUKI- 4/10

THE OSIRIAN PORTAL vs. CHEECH & CLOUDY- 5/10

OLSEN’S PROMO- good

THE COLONY vs. THE OLSEN TWINS & BRODIE LEE- 5.5/10

CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI vs. CHUCK TAYLOR- DUD!
I’m giving this a dud because this was pretty much a squash. Not only should Chuck Taylor, being a champion, not get squashed, but I was excited for an actual match here, and instead all I got was the standard signature offense from Claudio and Chuck Taylor screeching like a little girl.

MITCH RYDER PROMO- good

EQUINOX vs. MITCH RYDER- 2.25/10
Boring

NWA WORLD JR. HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Mike Quackenbush(c) vs. Lince Dorado- no rating. Okay segment.
This had the beginnings of a great match, but then Mitch Ryder came out and attack both guys. Chuck Taylor showed up and handcuffed Quack to the ropes while Ryder beat the crud out of Lince with a belt.

TIM DONST vs. EDDIE KINGSTON- 6/10
Short but intense. Nowhere near as good as their first match.

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS MATCH OR THE CHIKARA CAMPEONATOS DE PAREJAS: Icarus & Chuck Taylor(c) (subbing for Gran Akuma) vs. Incoherence- 7.75/10
F.I.S.T. try to use Akuma’s injury as an excuse to not have to defend the belts, but Chikarason tells them they can either forfeit the belts or have Taylor wrestle in Akuma’s place.
The match was awesome until the finish. They did a spot where Akuma accidentally hit Icarus with a crutch that was meant for Hallowicked. This led to Hallowicked rolling Icarus up… for a two count. Then, right afterwards, Icarus does some fighting spirit-esque scream while getting up… and is immediately put down by a running boot from Hallowicked. Why was the botched interference not the finish? And if it isn’t the finish, what is the point of doing it?

Overall, not a good show from CHIKARA, with only the main event being worth watching.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3