21. Ivan & Nikita Koloff
22. Midnight Express (Eaton & Condrey)
23. Midnight Express (Condrey & Rose)
24. Fabulous Ones
25. America's Most Wanted
26. Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin
27. Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy
28. Beer Money
29. Steve Austin & Brian Pillman (Hollywood Blonds)
30. Undertaker & Kane
31. Harlem Heat
32. Miz & Morrison
33. Carlito & Primo Colon
34. Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin
35. Motor City Machine Guns
36. Moondogs
37. Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff
38. Ted DiBiase & Mike Rotunda (Money Inc)
39. Jack & Jerry Brisco
40. Bradshaw & Farooq
41. Kings of Wrestling
42. Kendrick & London
43. Rob Van Dam & Sabu
44. Justin Credible & Lance Storm
45. Danny Doring & Roadkill
46. Butch Reed & Ron Simmons (Doom)
47. Nasty Boys
48. Bad Company (Pat Tanaka & Paul Diamond)
49. Jack & Mark Brisco
50. Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens

What do you think? Who would you add? Who would you remove to add them?
Last edited by ECWFlairfan on Feb 9th, '11, 10:38, edited 7 times in total.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: All time Top 50 Tag Teams

Post by cero2k » Feb 7th, '11, 14:55

add:
Kings of Wrestling
The Briscoes
American Wolves
New Age Outlaws
The Age of the Fall
Mega Powers
The Hollys

Remove
Two Man Power Trip (HHH/Austin)
Jericho/Benoit
Rated RKO
DX (HHH/HBK)

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Feb 7th, '11, 17:34

cero2k wrote:add:
DX (HHH/HBK)
Re-Add DX & remove The Nasty Boys

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 7th, '11, 22:29

Remove:
Gangstas
Public Enemy

Add:
Roderick Strong & Jack Evans
AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Feb 7th, '11, 23:27

If you are basing number 2 on titles alone, then that is sad.
R.I.P. Randy Mario Poffo, aka Randy "Macho Man" Savage
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 8th, '11, 08:28

Catus Jack Manson wrote:If you are basing number 2 on titles alone, then that is sad.
I said the order of teams was in no certain order... though most would agree that LOD & 3D are the undisputed 1 & 2...

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Feb 8th, '11, 08:33

ECWFlairfan wrote:
Catus Jack Manson wrote:If you are basing number 2 on titles alone, then that is sad.
I said the order of teams was in no certain order... though most would agree that LOD & 3D are the undisputed 1 & 2...
I don't think LOD & Dudleyz would be in many top 5's.

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 8th, '11, 09:52

Lynas wrote:
ECWFlairfan wrote:
You don't? why?

(I actually believe the top 4 undisputables are LOD, 3D, Steiners, Williams/Gordy because they all won major titles in both the US & Japan)

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 8th, '11, 09:55

Lynas wrote:
ECWFlairfan wrote:
REALLY? They are the two most decorated tag teams in history!

I'd put them in the top 5 with the Steiners, the Midnight Express, and Tully & Arn....

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 8th, '11, 10:10

I thought I had already listed the New Age Outlaws/James Gang... HUGE oversight on my part... they replaced the Gangstas...

DX & The Nastys both belong... DX because they were a top team in 2 eras, & Nastys for being on the list of former WWF/WCW tag team champs...

Public Enemy belongs for being former WCW & ECW tag team champs...

AJ Styles & Daniels belong but who do we remove? And if they belong America's Most Wanted does too... And an argument could be made for both Beer Money & Team Canada (Roode/Young)

Are Strong/Evans a ROH tag team?

Kings of Wrestling belong, but again who do we remove?

The Briscoes, American Wolves, The Age of the Fall... what qualifies them? Where all have they won top titles?

Mega Powers were only together for a few matches, it hardly qualifies them... King Kong Bundy & Big John Studd wrestled WAY more & therefore are more deserving...

The Hollys only held the WWF titles a couple times... Rock & Mankind are more deserving than they...

Why remove these guys? Two Man Power Trip (HHH/Austin) held all the gold making a major statement, Jericho/Benoit beat HHH/Austin & then followed that up with a TLC win over Edge/Christian, Dudleys, & Hardys... they would have been even better if Benoit hadn't gotten hurt...

OK, if we remove Rated RKO, then who replaces them? Kings of Wrestling, AJ/Daniels, AMW, Team Canada, or Beer Money? All good candidates!!!

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 8th, '11, 10:18

ECWFlairfan wrote:
OK, if we remove Rated RKO, then who replaces them? Kings of Wrestling, AJ/Daniels, AMW, Team Canada, or Beer Money? All good candidates!!!
Kings of Wrestling; they held three different tag titles from three different promotions at once. I can't think of another team that's done that. Plus, they are now the longest reigning ROH tag champs having held the belts for close to a year.

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 8th, '11, 10:24

badnewzxl wrote:
ECWFlairfan wrote:
Kings of Wrestling; they held three different tag titles from three different promotions at once. I can't think of another team that's done that. Plus, they are now the longest reigning ROH tag champs having held the belts for close to a year.
I was thinking that too, but Beer Money did VERY well against Team 3D, same with AMW & Team Canada... KOW is a team that should they ever make it to WWE or TNA should be in automatic contention for the tag team championship which could truly cement them in the top 10... I honestly think that the Hart Dynasty could have belonged at some point in the future but Vince screwed that up by breaking them up already...

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 8th, '11, 10:27

And I must add: WHERE ARE THE BRISCOES?! Jay & Mark? I'd rank them MUCH higher than Danny Doring & Roadkill and the Natural Disasters....

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Feb 8th, '11, 10:30

ECWFlairfan wrote: DX & The Nastys both belong... DX because they were a top team in 2 eras, & Nastys for being on the list of former WWF/WCW tag team champs...

You CANNOT even consider the Nasties in this list... JUST because they've been tag champs in two feds.

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 8th, '11, 10:33

Lynas wrote:
ECWFlairfan wrote: DX & The Nastys both belong... DX because they were a top team in 2 eras, & Nastys for being on the list of former WWF/WCW tag team champs...

You CANNOT even consider the Nasties in this list... JUST because they've been tag champs in two feds.
Why? They are useless now but they were great in their prime... they dominated WWF, WCW, AWA, & Memphis (that I know of)

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Feb 8th, '11, 10:36

ECWFlairfan wrote:Why? They are useless now but they were great in their prime... they dominated WWF, WCW, AWA, & Memphis (that I know of)
Nastys have ALWAYS been terrible. They stiff opponents and botch when they dont stiff. They won gold, so what but they are not very good.
badnewzxl wrote:And I must add: WHERE ARE THE BRISCOES?! Jay & Mark? I'd rank them MUCH higher than Danny Doring & Roadkill and the Natural Disasters....
THIS!!!!!!!!!

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 8th, '11, 10:38

badnewzxl wrote:And I must add: WHERE ARE THE BRISCOES?! Jay & Mark? I'd rank them MUCH higher than Danny Doring & Roadkill and the Natural Disasters....
Jay & Mark Brisco are really good, but fewer know them than Doring & Roadkill, who were the last ECW World tag team champions... more deserving than Natural Disasters? I'll give you that, but who replaces them? America's Most Wanted, Beer Money, Team Canada, Kings of Wrestling??? All good candidates... I've also thought of a few more contenters:

Fantastics, Killer Bees, Destruction Crew/Beverly Brothers, Jack & Jerry Brisco, Dory & Terry Funk, Ole & Gene Anderson, Ric Flair & Greg Valentine, Latin American Exchange, 3 Live Crew (Jesse James, Ron Killings, Konnan)...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 8th, '11, 10:59

ECWFlairfan wrote:I thought I had already listed the New Age Outlaws/James Gang... HUGE oversight on my part... they replaced the Gangstas...

DX & The Nastys both belong... DX because they were a top team in 2 eras, & Nastys for being on the list of former WWF/WCW tag team champs...

Public Enemy belongs for being former WCW & ECW tag team champs...

AJ Styles & Daniels belong but who do we remove? And if they belong America's Most Wanted does too... And an argument could be made for both Beer Money & Team Canada (Roode/Young)

Are Strong/Evans a ROH tag team?

Kings of Wrestling belong, but again who do we remove?

The Briscoes, American Wolves, The Age of the Fall... what qualifies them? Where all have they won top titles?

Mega Powers were only together for a few matches, it hardly qualifies them... King Kong Bundy & Big John Studd wrestled WAY more & therefore are more deserving...

The Hollys only held the WWF titles a couple times... Rock & Mankind are more deserving than they...

Why remove these guys? Two Man Power Trip (HHH/Austin) held all the gold making a major statement, Jericho/Benoit beat HHH/Austin & then followed that up with a TLC win over Edge/Christian, Dudleys, & Hardys... they would have been even better if Benoit hadn't gotten hurt...

IMO if you are assembling a list of all-time greats, you have to be very selective. Public Enemy? Really? Yeah, they won some belts, but ECW's tag team scene at that time was eh, and they didn't do a damn thing in WCW. They won the belts, held them for two weeks, then lost them right back to Harlem heat and were barely ever seen again.

The Hollys and Roode & Young Definitely don't belong. Yeah, they won the belts a few times, but they never did anything with them, and didn't have any memorable moves or moments at all. Triple H and Austin held all of the gold, but they only teamed together for a few months. To call them one of the all-time great tag teams is absurd. Same goes for Benoit and Jericho.

Strong and Evans are perhaps the all-time best team to never win the belts. Their offense is just amazing.

Briscoes:
6 time tag team champions in ROH (during which time they have beaten teams like Steenerico, KoW, the American Wolves, the Second City Saints, Maff & Whitmer... basically every team you can think of).
They are the ONLY Gaijin tag team to win the GHC Jr . Heavyweight Tag Team Titles
1 time in FIP
They won the CZW World Tag Team Titles at ages 16 and 17 despite not being a deathmatch team at a time CZW was very focused on the deathmatch product, with a tag team scene that included the H8 Club and the Backseat Boyz (who are another team who deserve consideration on this list because of the way that their style has influenced tag team wrestling)

The American Wolves have only won World Tag Team Titles in ROH and 2CW, but they are many people's go to "indy dream match team." Also, during their relatively short time as a tag team they have put on an outstanding series of matches (since their first three months as a team, they have yet to have a match below 7/10, which is my minimum for main event quality). They deserve to be on this list based on workrate alone.

AOTF is another team that I would leave off. Yeah, they won the belts in ROH and PWG, but they were never really about the belts as much as they were their feuds or the power that the belts represent.

The Colons belong nowhere near this list. They did absolutely nothing.

Generation Me/The Young Bucks should definitely be on this list, though, as should AMW.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 8th, '11, 11:01

badnewzxl wrote:
Not just that, but those promotions were the three biggest indies in North America.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 8th, '11, 11:03

ECWFlairfan wrote:
Jay & Mark Brisco are really good, but fewer know them than Doring & Roadkill, who were the last ECW World tag team champions...
But it's not the "50 most well-known tag teams of all time." It is the "All-time top 50 tag teams."

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation