NJPW's Komatsu and Tanaka leaving for CMLL

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

NJPW's Komatsu and Tanaka leaving for CMLL

Post by cero2k » Jan 6th, '16, 09:31

Source: estoenlinea.oem.com.mx

**The report is in spanish and very long, so this is the relevant stuff**

During the press conference with NJPW and CMLL, it was announced that NJPW Young Lions Yohei Komatsu and Sho Tanaka will be leaving for the foreign excursion on January 31st. They will have their excursion in CMLL under the names of Fujin and Raijin respectively. It's not confirmed if they whole excursion will take place in CMLL, but as with previous wrestlers like Kamaitachi, they may end up staying the whole time.

Also annouced during the press conference was CMLL and NJPW's joint event series FantasticaMania. First event is scheduled for January 17 in the city of Kochi. Among the Mexican talent going to Japan are Atlantis, Ultimo Guerrero, NWA World Historic Welterweight Champion Volador Jr, Stuka Jr, Barbaro Cavernario, 2014 Rookie of the Year Dragon Lee, Fuego, Virus, Mephisto, and more.

Big Red Machine

Re: NJPW's Komatsu and Tanaka leaving for CMLL

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 6th, '16, 09:39

Well... I guess this shows they're not so happy with ROH for the lack of use of Watanabe. I'd have hoped ROH would at least get one of the two. Then again, I can't blame New Japan for this at all.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 6th, '16, 09:53

Big Red Machine wrote:Well... I guess this shows they're not so happy with ROH for the lack of use of Watanabe. I'd have hoped ROH would at least get one of the two. Then again, I can't blame New Japan for this at all.
I think size-wise, NJPW would rather send the Jrs to CMLL and heavyweights to ROH.

this made me think, does Hall, White, Finlay, etc get to excursion or are they already considered to have that experience?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 6th, '16, 09:58

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Well... I guess this shows they're not so happy with ROH for the lack of use of Watanabe. I'd have hoped ROH would at least get one of the two. Then again, I can't blame New Japan for this at all.
I think size-wise, NJPW would rather send the Jrs to CMLL and heavyweights to ROH.

this made me think, does Hall, White, Finlay, etc get to excursion or are they already considered to have that experience?
I figure they'll need to go on excursion, too.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 7th, '16, 20:18

The Observer says they'll be based in Mexico, but will also work for ROH as well starting later in the year.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation