BRM Reviews the 2/25/2015 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/25/2015 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 27th, '15, 01:10

HIDEO ITAMI vs. BULL DEMPSEY- 2.5/10

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- AWESOME!
Breeze vs. Itami continues.

Charlotte gets her rematch next week. Cool.

BRIAN KENDRICK RETURNS?!

SOLOMON CROWE HACKS THE FEED AND CUTS A PROMO- he wants the NXT Title. Okay… but why is he doing this to tell us? This seems like a fireable offense. Also, if they are doing this, the promos should be coming from Solomon’s webcam, not from a regular camera that happens to be with him in the stairwell.

LUCHA DRAGONS vs. TYE DILLENGER & JASON JORDAN- 4/10
Jason Jordan walks out on Tye Dillenger. This might have meant something if they had appeared on TV more frequently than once every few months. Jordan did look good when he was in there, though.

TOTAL DIVAS COMMERCIAL- the plot of this week’s episode appears to be that now that Nattie and TJ are back together, she wants to make TJ feel good about himself, so she gets him an underwear modeling gig which require him to pose suggestively (like pulling his underwear halfway down) while rubbing up against two twin models aren’t wearing too much more than he is, which makes Nattie jealous.
CAN’T WE JUST LET THEM BE NORMAL?!

TYE DILLENGER PROMO- hmm… Apparently he has vocal chords. Who knew?
Anyway, he wants an explanation from Jason Jordan, and he won’t leave until he gets one. Then Baron Corbin came out and they had a match.

BARON CORBIN vs. TYE DILLENGER- DUD!
Yeah. I’m getting to the point with Corbin where I was with the Ascension before.

DEVIN INTERVIEWS CHARLOTTE-
Devin has apparently learned some new words. The old Devin would have said “Charlotte, you have a rematch for the NXT Women’s Title against Sasha Banks next week. What are your thoughts?” The new and improved Devin asked “How do you feel about facing Sasha Banks” etc. etc. Just changing the phrasing of the question made it sound SO MUCH LESS STUPID.
Charlotte’s promo was eh.

TYLER BREEZE PROMO- good

SAMI ZAYN IN ABU DHABI VIDEO PACKAGE- AWESOME! This made Sami look like a HUGE star!

BECKY LYNCH vs. BAYLEY- 5.5/10
Is there some sort of MASSIVE heat between Corey Graves and Becky Lynch that I’m unaware of? He’s burying her the way that Vampiro buries Konnan.
Luckily for me, Becky now appear to be suplex-girl, and enjoy suplexes. If I wasn’t enjoying Becky’s suplexes so much there were points in this match where I wound have been cheering for Bayley. YUCK!
Becky works Bayley’s arm over and gets the win that armbar that Pentagon Jr. has been breaking arms with in Lucha Underground. Unfortunately, no such fate befell Bayley.

RHINO PROMO- AWESOME! He was so intense that Devin looked like she was almost afraid of him.

THE CAMERAMAN INTERVIEWS JASON JORDAN- “I’ll give you an explanation when I’m ready” just comes across as SOOOO lame. It’d be better to just not do a promo at all.

FINN BALOR vs. THE BRIAN KENDRICK- 6.75/10
Balor and Kendrick did a spot where Kendrick appeared to be hurt and Balor gave him some time to recover, and it gave Steen a great chance to get his character over on commentary.
GET THE CAMERA OFF OF THE ANNOUNCERS AND ON THE ACTION!
LOL STEEN OWNED ALEX RILEY!
Also, apparently they are building an angle with those two.

HOLY SH*T WHAT A TIGER SUPLEX!
STEEN BEATS UP ALEX RILEY! YAY! This should be the standard punishment for being a sh*tty commentator.

A good show from NXT.

STUPID ANNOUNCER QUOTES:
1. Corey Graves- “I wonder if Triple H gave Jason Jordan like a full a scholarship here at NXT.”
You’re a professional now, Corey. We call getting money in exchange for doing your job a “salary” and EVERYONE IN NXT HAS ONE.

2. Rich Brennan called Steen a “strange and unorthodox competitor.”
HOW?! (At least Steen called him out on it)
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/25/2015 NXT

Post by cero2k » Feb 27th, '15, 08:55

Big Red Machine wrote:HIDEO ITAMI vs. BULL DEMPSEY- 2.5/10
annnnd, we officially have a jobber.

SOLOMON CROWE HACKS THE FEED AND CUTS A PROMO- he wants the NXT Title. Okay… but why is he doing this to tell us? This seems like a fireable offense. Also, if they are doing this, the promos should be coming from Solomon’s webcam, not from a regular camera that happens to be with him in the stairwell.
i thought about this too, but i figured, how hard can it be to hook up a camera too. They should definitely alter his kindle with some wires and external chips and antennas, i know it doesn't work like that, but the visual would help. he doesn't look like a hacker, it just seem like a dude who was reading a book mid-interview.

TYE DILLENGER PROMO- hmm… Apparently he has vocal chords. Who knew?
Anyway, he wants an explanation from Jason Jordan, and he won’t leave until he gets one. Then Baron Corbin came out and they had a match.
I am more sold on Spears now than half of the NXT roster and himself in his last wwe run. I liked his delivery a lot

BECKY LYNCH vs. BAYLEY- 5.5/10
Is there some sort of MASSIVE heat between Corey Graves and Becky Lynch that I’m unaware of? He’s burying her the way that Vampiro buries Konnan.
idk exactly, but Corey keeps saying she's a poser for headbanging, thus making me hate Corey more than anyone else in the table.

it was Tom Phillips. Rich wasn't on the show

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Feb 27th, '15, 09:21

I never got into the Baron Corbin-hype. If it wasn't for his height, he'd get fucking Kassius Ohno'd faster than his squashes.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 27th, '15, 09:30

Chris Everlast wrote:I never got into the Baron Corbin-hype. If it wasn't for his height, he'd get fucking Kassius Ohno'd faster than his squashes.
i honestly just like his entrance, i think he has potential if well managed

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Feb 27th, '15, 09:39

cero2k wrote:
Chris Everlast wrote:I never got into the Baron Corbin-hype. If it wasn't for his height, he'd get fucking Kassius Ohno'd faster than his squashes.
I think he could go further, but he needs to work on his image more than anything. He looks almost as bad as Chris Hero did while he was in NXT - and I can't say that his long hair which clearly shows how thin he's getting on top is helping either. I dunno, I just don't get a "silent badass" vibe from him, and I can't really pinpoint why. I usually love those sort of gimmicks, but Corbin doesn't click with me.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 27th, '15, 10:17

Chris Everlast wrote:
cero2k wrote:
I think he could go further, but he needs to work on his image more than anything. He looks almost as bad as Chris Hero did while he was in NXT - and I can't say that his long hair which clearly shows how thin he's getting on top is helping either. I dunno, I just don't get a "silent badass" vibe from him, and I can't really pinpoint why. I usually love those sort of gimmicks, but Corbin doesn't click with me.
I just find him horribly bland. He's not a silent badass. Goldberg was a silent badass. Baron Corbin is just a silent guy who wins matches because he is large.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 27th, '15, 10:21

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:HIDEO ITAMI vs. BULL DEMPSEY- 2.5/10
annnnd, we officially have a jobber.
Which is a bit of a shame because he's more charismatic than Corbin is.

i thought about this too, but i figured, how hard can it be to hook up a camera too. They should definitely alter his kindle with some wires and external chips and antennas, i know it doesn't work like that, but the visual would help. he doesn't look like a hacker, it just seem like a dude who was reading a book mid-interview.
Agreed.

it was Tom Phillips. Rich wasn't on the show
Well I can barely tell those two or Alex Riley's voices apart, which is bad.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 27th, '15, 14:24

Chris Everlast wrote:
cero2k wrote:
You can tell he used to be a fat guy.

on the hair thing, i kinda agree with you. I used to think his former style made it look cooler and younger, the style post-mohawk/pre-slick back.

Mohawk
down hair (awesome one)

current