Dixie Carter Teases TV Deal Announcement

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Dixie Carter Teases TV Deal Announcement

Post by cero2k » Nov 13th, '14, 10:13

Source: pwinsider.com

TNA President Dixie Carter responded to a fan query about the company signing a new TV deal via Twitter:
There is a belief amongst some we've spoken to that a new TV deal has been signed and will be announced shortly, but we have yet to independently confirm that.

The two frontrunners have been said to be SpikeTV (which has continued to discuss a new deal with the company) and a Network that is owned by the Discovery Network, possibly Velocity or Destination America. So, time will tell.

Big Red Machine

Re: Dixie Carter Teases TV Deal Announcement

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 13th, '14, 13:17

Yeah... if they had a new deal, they would have announced it. According to yesterday's observer, talent has been getting worried for a while, and even higher-ups like Al Snow have started to get worried now. They've been claiming to be ready to announce a deal every weeks about about two months now. I'll believe it when I see it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 13th, '14, 14:35

Big Red Machine wrote:Yeah... if they had a new deal, they would have announced it. According to yesterday's observer, talent has been getting worried for a while, and even higher-ups like Al Snow have started to get worried now. They've been claiming to be ready to announce a deal every weeks about about two months now. I'll believe it when I see it.
this one caught my attention yesterday
then again, what does he care, he keeps teasing going after Bullet Club

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 13th, '14, 15:46

Yea, my answer was going to be the same as BRM'S basically. If she's not lying for the sake of answering a fan properly, then ok.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 13th, '14, 16:55

According to Meltzer on Observer Radio late last night/early this morning, as of yesterday during the day when he published the Observer, everyone's impressions was either that a deal would get done this weak with Destination America, or it would never be done at all, but after talking with people on the Destination America end of things later day, they were under the impression that a deal was all but done. Of course, it has now been a whole day since then and there has been no announcement.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3