Kiel's thoughts on Summerslam as it happens!

Tell it to the world!!
Big Red Machine

Re: Kiel's thoughts on Summerslam as it happens!

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 18th, '13, 21:17

kiel297 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:I had a much different reaction to this than you guys did. Don't get me wrong, I am pissed, but I was waiting for it and waiting for it (mostly because I thought Dragon was going to go over Orton, too). I was actually surprised that Hunter didn't jump Dragon every time Dragon turned around. I think they really screw up here by giving Dragon his moment in the first place. Hunter should have jumped him right after the match so he never got the chance to hold the belt up. Don't just screw him out of the title, screw him and the fans out of their special moment.
I dunno. I think it was a great move to give Bryan his moment. If it can wake the inner mark in me like that, think of the people that are gonna be at Raw tomorrow night. The second Triple H or Orton show their faces, it is going to be nuclear.
I'm just saying it would have worked even better if they hadn't given Dragon his moment. We all knew the cash-in was coming, so why waste so much time before doing it?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 18th, '13, 21:19

Big Red Machine wrote:
Bob-O wrote:The mark in me is outraged. Bryan wasn't on his feet when the bell rang, damn it! Champ has to be coherent to cash in! That's been a stip to the mitb forever!
Since when?
they change this rule whenever they feel like it. Remember Dragon's first cash in to Henry that didn't count?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 18th, '13, 21:21

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Bob-O wrote:The mark in me is outraged. Bryan wasn't on his feet when the bell rang, damn it! Champ has to be coherent to cash in! That's been a stip to the mitb forever!
Since when?
they change this rule whenever they feel like it. Remember Dragon's first cash in to Henry that didn't count?
Right.

Well.. their kayfabe way out of it is that Hunter was a biased ref, so he could screw the rules however he wanted to.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 18th, '13, 21:25

Big Red Machine wrote: Right.

Well.. their kayfabe way out of it is that Hunter was a biased ref, so he could screw the rules however he wanted to.
true that.

Personally, I'm quite happy Orton won and Triple H and him are heels, I've missed them as heels, and I'm honestly all in for an Evolution reunion at some point.

Also, I can't remember Cena losing the title soo cleanly, and with a KENTA knee....nice.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Aug 18th, '13, 22:12

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: Since when?
Right.

Thanks! Couldn't remember a specific time for the life of me. I'm just thinking of all the teased cash-ins that have been broken up while waiting for the champ to get to their feet so the bell could ring.

If rumors are to be believed, Hunter's heel turn is supposed to go along with a Vince face turn. A good start would be using that loop hole to strip Randy of the title...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 18th, '13, 22:15

Bob-O wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote: they change this rule whenever they feel like it. Remember Dragon's first cash in to Henry that didn't count?
Right.

Thanks! Couldn't remember a specific time for the life of me. I'm just thinking of all the teased cash-ins that have been broken up while waiting for the champ to get to their feet so the bell could ring.

If rumors are to be believed, Hunter's heel turn is supposed to go along with a Vince face turn. A good start would be using that loop hole to strip Randy of the title...
NO! That would kill everything!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 18th, '13, 22:18

Big Red Machine wrote: NO! That would kill everything!
he can try, overruled by Steph's heel turn

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 18th, '13, 22:20

cero2k wrote:
That would work.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Aug 18th, '13, 22:30

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
That would work.
I'm just trying to figure out where Vince goes from here. I mean, he got what he wanted. How does Vince get sympathy?

Pretty psyched for Raw, no doubt!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 18th, '13, 22:35

Bob-O wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote: he can try, overruled by Steph's heel turn
That would work.
I'm just trying to figure out where Vince goes from here. I mean, he got what he wanted. How does Vince get sympathy?

That's why I think Vince needs to be a heel, too. Maybe he could say that Dragon won him over, but I think it works best if Hunter and Steph both came out and said that Vince's way of thinking won them over.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

kiel297

Post by kiel297 » Aug 19th, '13, 03:01

Big Red Machine wrote:
kiel297 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:I had a much different reaction to this than you guys did. Don't get me wrong, I am pissed, but I was waiting for it and waiting for it (mostly because I thought Dragon was going to go over Orton, too). I was actually surprised that Hunter didn't jump Dragon every time Dragon turned around. I think they really screw up here by giving Dragon his moment in the first place. Hunter should have jumped him right after the match so he never got the chance to hold the belt up. Don't just screw him out of the title, screw him and the fans out of their special moment.
I dunno. I think it was a great move to give Bryan his moment. If it can wake the inner mark in me like that, think of the people that are gonna be at Raw tomorrow night. The second Triple H or Orton show their faces, it is going to be nuclear.
I'm just saying it would have worked even better if they hadn't given Dragon his moment. We all knew the cash-in was coming, so why waste so much time before doing it?
Because when the pyro hit I legitimately thought that was it and we were safe. Randy's not coming. Dragon's champion. All is good. It was a good feint.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 19th, '13, 09:31

kiel297 wrote:
Because when the pyro hit I legitimately thought that was it and we were safe. Randy's not coming. Dragon's champion. All is good. It was a good feint.
it also made Dragon look stronger since it wasn't like the other cash ins where the champ is fallen, Dragon was ready to run the gauntlet again, you knew that if Orton got in, Dragon still had a legit chance to fight and even defend the title, which was necessary for Hunter's swerve

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '13, 09:48

cero2k wrote:
kiel297 wrote:
it also made Dragon look stronger since it wasn't like the other cash ins where the champ is fallen, Dragon was ready to run the gauntlet again, you knew that if Orton got in, Dragon still had a legit chance to fight and even defend the title, which was necessary for Hunter's swerve
I hadn't thought of it that way.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 20th, '13, 14:09

Bob-O wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: That would work.

easy, we kill the batman!....no wait, easy, a pedigree on Vince and Hunter and Steph standing over him, nothing like the betrayal of a loved one to turn you face.