BRM Reviews CHIKARA King of Trios 2009: Night 3

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews CHIKARA King of Trios 2009: Night 3

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 4th, '13, 15:51

CHIKARA King of Trios 2009: Night 3 (3/29/2009)- Philadelphia, PA

KING OF TRIOS SEMIFINAL MATCH: Team Uppercut (Bryan Danielson, Dave Taylor, & Claudio Castagnoli) vs. The UnStable (Vin Gerard, STIGMA, & Colin Delaney)- 6.75/10

KING OF TRIOS SEMIFINAL MATCH: F.I.S.T. (Gran Akuma, Icarus, & Chuck Taylor) vs. The Future Is Now (Line Dorado, Helios, & Equinox)- 7.25/10
Fast-paced fun and a great finish.

ARIK CANON vs. EL GENERICO- 6/10

TEN TAG TEAM GAUNTLET- 6/10
No one team actually stayed around for too long, so it really jusy felt like random action without much story. The action was still good, though.

NORTH STAR EXPRESS PROMO- the promo itself was decent, but you need to watch this to see the Colony in the background. Soldier Ant is making Green Ant do squats, while Fire Ant is rocking out to his iPod… with the earbuds on his antennae! GENIUS!

THE OSIRIAN PORTAL, KUDO, & MICHAEL NAKAZAWA vs. THE NORTH STAR EXPRESS & THE COLONY- 6.5/10
Great mix of action and fun.

EDDIE KINGSTON PROMO- great. I love how he gets over the Claudio angle in such a way that hypes this match instead.

AUSTIN ARIES vs. EDDIE KINGSTON- 5.75/10
I can’t believe they didn’t even give this ten minutes.

REY DE VOLADORES FINALS: Kota Ibushi vs. Player Dos- 7.5/10
Great showing from both men.

2009 KING OF TRIOS FINALS- 7.5/10
A great match, but one that really felt like it could have been better, and felt like it definitely should have gotten more time.

Overall, a decent show from CHIKARA, but nowhere near as good as Night 3 of King of Trios should be.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3