Cero reviews PWG It's It (What Is It?)

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero reviews PWG It's It (What Is It?)

Post by cero2k » Feb 2nd, '13, 16:05

PWG It's It (What Is It?)
June 8, 2008, Reseda, CA

The Dynasty intro - Joey was good. The Nicholls thing was funny too.

Mikey Nicholls vs 'The Professional' Scott Lost - 5.5/10
Good debut showing for Mikey, but I guess there's a reason why I haven't heard from him again. Nicholls almost broke his own neck on two occasion, some more and he'll be at the level of Jack Evans. Nicholls also reverse an Ace Crusher to a neck-breaker on a knee. Good opening match, but definitely a curtain jerker.

Hook Bomberry vs Scorpio Sky - 5/10
Good match but nothing really special to talk about. Bomberry is a bit annoying.

Joey Ryan vs Candice LaRae - 6/10
Joey adds a stipulation that if Candice can body slam him she wins. Typical Joey Ryan inter-gender match, lots of sexual jokes. This match was the debut of Candice's BallPlex, Excalibur went crazy! at first i thought Candice cheating was bad, but it backfired bad on her, so it all played out nice.

Today was Scott Lost's birthday. Chris Bosh returns to PWG! Bosh vs Sky is made official for the anniversary show
Lost was good, Bosh was ok, Scorpio Sky was great.

Brandon Bonham vs Davey Richards - 7.5/10
I was writing that this was gonna be the technical match of the night, and out of nowhere Davey snaps and beating the hell out of Brandon until he gets to the ropes, it was part of the match, but it felt awkward. This was just a clinic by Davey on how to beat up someone, so much that i was popping each time Brandon had little offense. This was definitely NRC Davey Richards. The match was slow, but each hit was soo stiff that it made up for it! Ending was cool, but Bonham should have sold it more. Aftermath Davey puts him over big time.

Austin Aries vs El Generico - 7/10
Awesome match, could have been much better for these two guys, but great nonetheless.

No 1 Contendership Match for the PWG World Title
Chris Hero vs Jack Evans vs Necro Butcher - 8/10
Wow, this match had everything. It was technical, comedy, break dance fight, arena brawl, everything! BTW, have you ever seen a ref be used as a weapon?? it happens here. The wrestling itself wasn't as amazing, but the whole brawl made up for it. Great matc to close the show.

Aftermath, holy shit, Hero and Tornado are really kicking the shit out of each other!

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
Good show for PWG, but nothing epic. Passable, but a good enough show to spend the day. The upper card definitely picked up a lot from the opening matches. At least i'm really hyped about Hero vs Tornado in a Caged Guerrilla Warfare Match.