BRM's Brief Thoughts on the 12/17/2012 Raw

Big Red Machine

BRM's Brief Thoughts on the 12/17/2012 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 18th, '12, 12:28

Yeah, I absolutely hate the Slammy shows, so I am only going to watch the relevant parts and just give my brief thoughts on things I think are worth commenting on:

1. Sandow & Cody just beat Rey & Cara to earn #1 contendership to the tag team titles. You should be building them up, not jobbing Snadow out... and especially not to a guy his team just beat!

2. AJ KISSED DOLPH?! WHAT THE F*CK?

3 Flair got a great pop. And CENA is the superstar of the year... in a year in which Punk was the champion throughout the entire year. Wow. Then Cena cuts a promo saying that FLAIR should be the Superstar of the Year. WHAT THE F*CK?! Flair hasn't done sh*t this year!
When the heel comes out and says everything that I am thinking, it is not a good sign. The stuff with Punk and Flair was actually good.l I was quite surprised that the did this right by having Punk get the best of Flair at first.

Um... if the Shield is coming out from the stands, how did the sound guy know to play their music? Aside from that, the Shield stuff was good.

4. Big Show & Sheamus stuff- BAD! They had this all set up perfectly to spend some time building Sheamus up again for a title shot in a few months (maybe at Mania?)... but instead they decide to have Big Show get cheat heat by being racist, forcing this dull feud to continue.

5. 3MB vs. Miz, Del Rio, & Dreamer- WAIT- so 3MB last longer against Miz, Del Rio, & TOMMY DREAMER than they do against Miz, Del Rio, & the Brooklyn Brawler?
Also, Miz shouldn't have introduced Tommy the way he did. Just say "we got ourselves an extreme partner" and let Tommy's music play.

6. BIG E LANGSTON! Wait... AJ's not getting with him, too is she? Two at once is a little much.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM's Brief Thoughts on the 12/17/2012 Raw

Post by cero2k » Dec 18th, '12, 14:51

Big Red Machine wrote:Yeah, I absolutely hate the Slammy shows, so I am only going to watch the relevant parts and just give my brief thoughts on things I think are worth commenting on:

1. Sandow & Cody just beat Rey & Cara to earn #1 contendership to the tag team titles. You should be building them up, not jobbing Snadow out... and especially not to a guy his team just beat!

2. AJ KISSED DOLPH?! WHAT THE F*CK?

3 Flair got a great pop. And CENA is the superstar of the year... in a year in which Punk was the champion throughout the entire year. Wow. Then Cena cuts a promo saying that FLAIR should be the Superstar of the Year. WHAT THE F*CK?! Flair hasn't done sh*t this year!
When the heel comes out and says everything that I am thinking, it is not a good sign. The stuff with Punk and Flair was actually good.l I was quite surprised that the did this right by having Punk get the best of Flair at first.

Um... if the Shield is coming out from the stands, how did the sound guy know to play their music? Aside from that, the Shield stuff was good.

4. Big Show & Sheamus stuff- BAD! They had this all set up perfectly to spend some time building Sheamus up again for a title shot in a few months (maybe at Mania?)... but instead they decide to have Big Show get cheat heat by being racist, forcing this dull feud to continue.

5. 3MB vs. Miz, Del Rio, & Dreamer- WAIT- so 3MB last longer against Miz, Del Rio, & TOMMY DREAMER than they do against Miz, Del Rio, & the Brooklyn Brawler?
Also, Miz shouldn't have introduced Tommy the way he did. Just say "we got ourselves an extreme partner" and let Tommy's music play.

6. BIG E LANGSTON! Wait... AJ's not getting with him, too is she? Two at once is a little much.
3. Maybe someone saw them heading to the ring and called for the music, at least I like the idea of them coming down through the crowd since otherwise we would assume they're backstage in the locker rooms.

6. aside from the fact that she was with 3 guys earlier in the year.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 18th, '12, 15:16

cero2k wrote:
But not at the same time.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 18th, '12, 15:46

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
But not at the same time.
well, there was that time where she was kissing Punk and Dragon on the same show, and Kane's kiss hadn't been long before. She was technically flirting with 3 guys at the same time

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 19th, '12, 10:50

Big Red Machine wrote:1. Sandow & Cody just beat Rey & Cara to earn #1 contendership to the tag team titles. You should be building them up, not jobbing Snadow out... and especially not to a guy his team just beat!
Yeah, they seem to be protecting Mysterio for some reason like they protect the Kane half of Hell No and the Cody half of Rhodes Scholars. Since Rey's supposed to be working with/against Sin Cara through 'Mania, I really don't see the point of it for the reasons you've already given.
Big Red Machine wrote:2. AJ KISSED DOLPH?! WHAT THE F*CK?
I CALLED THIS! :D
I'm just hoping they stick with it, which seems unlikely given the way AJ addressed it from the ladder. :ymsigh:
Big Red Machine wrote:3 Flair got a great pop. And CENA is the superstar of the year... in a year in which Punk was the champion throughout the entire year. Wow. Then Cena cuts a promo saying that FLAIR should be the Superstar of the Year. WHAT THE F*CK?! Flair hasn't done sh*t this year!
When the heel comes out and says everything that I am thinking, it is not a good sign.
They left the voting up to the fans, what do you expect? Punk is CLEARLY the Superstar of the Year, but it'd make even less sense if a heel won a fan vote. IMO, they should have tried to sway the voting toward Sheamus, but whatever. Cena "giving" the award to Flair was stupid, even as a segway to set up the Punk interaction.
Big Red Machine wrote:Um... if the Shield is coming out from the stands, how did the sound guy know to play their music?
Who's this "sound guy" everybody's always talking about? The wrestlers CLEARLY play their own music via Bluetooth when they come out. It's the only plausible explanation.
Big Red Machine wrote:6. BIG E LANGSTON!
I know he's been in developmental for a while, can somebody fill me in on this guy. I don't mean to shit before I eat here, but from what I've seen he seems to be lacking an 'It' Factor. He's the NXT champ, I get that, but why?

Anyway, I thought it was nice of Ron Simmons to drive all the way to Philly to deliver E that singlet he sold him on Craig's List. And, it looks like he threw in the hat too! That was nice... er, oh. The closeup reveals instead a terrible hair cut.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 19th, '12, 11:05

Bob-O wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Um... if the Shield is coming out from the stands, how did the sound guy know to play their music?
Who's this "sound guy" everybody's always talking about? The wrestlers CLEARLY play their own music via Bluetooth when they come out. It's the only plausible explanation.
Hmm... I'd never considered this before, but it does make a lot of sense.
Bob-O wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:6. BIG E LANGSTON!
I know he's been in developmental for a while, can somebody fill me in on this guy. I don't mean to s**t before I eat here, but
from what I've seen he seems to be lacking an 'It' Factor. He's the NXT champ, I get that, but why?
This is more me being excited to see a guy I got to watch develop for a bit in FCW get a big shot. In a way, it is the hipster in me coming out. I think Langston has a ton of potential, but I'm not sure he is 100% ready for a spot like this, and I think he word work better as a babyface because he sells pretty well. If you can find it, watch his match against Jason Jordan from the 7/1/2012 FCW. It really made me see both guys as something more than just another random decent developmental guy.
Bob-O wrote: Anyway, I thought it was nice of Ron Simmons to drive all the way to Philly to deliver E that singlet he sold him on Craig's List. And, it looks like he threw in the hat too! That was nice... er, oh. The closeup reveals instead a terrible hair cut.
LOL!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

kiel297

Post by kiel297 » Dec 21st, '12, 05:58

Langston has LOADS of potential. Looks can be very deceiving, he's not just some big jacked dude that Vince has a fetish for. He's good in the ring, and he's good on the microphone. If used right, he could go far.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 21st, '12, 10:04

kiel297 wrote:Langston has LOADS of potential. Looks can be very deceiving, he's not just some big jacked dude that Vince has a fetish for. He's good in the ring, and he's good on the microphone. If used right, he could go far.
this. but i have a feeling they're gonna want to turn him face soon.

I hope they do the whole 5 second pin here. But at the same time, i think they debuted him in the worst possible moment, at least if he's gonna feud with Cena, cuz it's the rumble and after that Cena is gonna start to build up his WM match and Big E will be lost in the shuffle against someone else of a lower caliber

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Dec 23rd, '12, 01:13

Why do you hate the Slammy's BRM?

I think they're just a bit of fun really

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 23rd, '12, 03:18

Earth Child wrote:Why do you hate the Slammy's BRM?

I think they're just a bit of fun really
I don't hate the awards so much as I hate when they make an episode of Raw or Smackdown or whatever into the Slammys show because then they tend to use the awayrds as set-ups for dumb jokes or they do dumb sh*t like Cena wanting to give his Superstar of the Year award to someone who hasn't even been in WWE at all this year.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation