Raw Moments We're Supposed To Forgot

Videos and Audio Related to Wrestling
Bob-O

Raw Moments We're Supposed To Forgot

Post by Bob-O » Jul 18th, '12, 13:20

With all the hype and reflection over Raw's 1000th Episode, revisited some truely memorable moments (*clank* goes the bedpan). However, for political reasons, there are obviously many moments out there that aren't going to be shared. Whether bad for business, too controversial, or just memorably awful, I think they deserve to be reflected on as well. Such as...

Jeff Jarrett returns and shoots in '97. Nobody remembers this, probably because it's Jeff Jarrett, but I think in terms of The Monday Night Wars the moment was very notable. Vince was on the losing end of things at the time, we'd been listening to people shoot on the WWF for a strait year, and this was the first sign of life WWF had shown in some time. After everyone had left, this was the first one to come back. Before X-Pac, before Big Show, before Jericho, Vince saw an opportunity to nab a "WCW Guy" and went for it. It wasn't earth shattering, some might say Jarrett got too personal with Vince killing any hope of a decent push. But it was a sign that the battlefield was changing.
[youtube][/youtube]
Obviously omitted from history due to the involvement of He Who Shall Not be Named, but who could forget the Raw debut of two future World Champions, a legend of the industry, and Perry Saturn? In terms of the talent swapping, ship jumping, and cherry picking that kept us tuning in each week, Raw had stumbled across the motherload!
[youtube][/youtube]
The Pillman / Austin "Gun Incident". What some saw as a desperate cry for attention from Vince and Co, I saw as must see TV. Austin was on fire at the time, Pillman was an awesome psycho who's role at the time was to make Austin look like a legit threat to Brett Hart. I've never been a fan of Home Invasion angles, but they really went out on a limb with this one during a time when not much else was going on. The first time I can remember, of many to come, that folks would say they went too far.
[youtube][/youtube]
The list goes on and on, I mentioned Brawl for All and ECW's first appearance in the Favorite's Thread, but this isn't for favorites. Tell me some of your Memorable or Historic Raw Moments that WWE would prefer we forgot!

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Raw Moments We're Supposed To Forgot

Post by cero2k » Jul 18th, '12, 13:39

I wish to forget this. For all eternity
[youtube][/youtube]