Anybody watching impact!? (11/10/12)

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
e-moose

Anybody watching impact!? (11/10/12)

Post by e-moose » Nov 10th, '11, 19:22

Hi is anybody else watching the show?

KILLdozer

Re: Anybody watching impact!? (11/10/12)

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 10th, '11, 19:25

yep,,what the hell was that jackass carrying during the crimson pope match? it looked like a giant rubber red and blue ice tray
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Nov 10th, '11, 19:31

Haha I missed it I really don't know.

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Nov 10th, '11, 19:38

Looks like another bad week for James Storm.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 10th, '11, 20:34

yea some pretty good stuff,,I missed last weeks cuz it was taped on DVR then i waited for a "better time" to sit back and watch it but that time never came yet so im all caught up now finally.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 10th, '11, 21:37

was a good show..Maybe ill do a type of review on this actually...Nothing BRM style..nowheres near that long..but maybe i will...after all Ive got something planned for this entire site soon...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Nov 11th, '11, 21:19

e-moose wrote:Looks like another bad week for James Storm.
James Storm is badass. Stupid move to go out and compete the way he was. But still. Badass.

I am liking Storm the more I pay attention to him.

I do not, however, like the direction they're going in with Roode's turn. Sadface.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Nov 11th, '11, 21:57

KILLdozer wrote:after all Ive got something planned for this entire site soon...
:-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss :-ss

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 11th, '11, 22:02

Rabid619 wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:after all Ive got something planned for this entire site soon...
thats right,watch out

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Nov 12th, '11, 09:37

KILLdozer wrote:
Rabid619 wrote:
thats right,watch out
You don't scare me.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 12th, '11, 10:07

Serujuunin wrote:
thats right,watch out[/quote]
You don't scare me.[/quote]

not yet,but in time.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Nov 12th, '11, 10:11

KILLdozer wrote:not yet,but in time.
Not likely. I have scarier nightmares. :P

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 12th, '11, 10:56

Serujuunin wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:not yet,but in time.
Not likely. I have scarier nightmares. :P
See thats the thing...Im so frightening I dream of myself and it scares me.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Nov 12th, '11, 11:03

KILLdozer wrote:See thats the thing...Im so frightening I dream of myself and it scares me.
OH!!! Those types of dreams.

Seriously, back on topic, i was a bit miffed at the fact that they had yet another World Title match. Save it for the damn PPVs!! Seems like a quick way to push Storm out of the title picture by having him drop the title and lose his rematch the next week. I may not have liked the way Storm won the title but him holding the belt seems pointless.

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Nov 12th, '11, 11:20

I was semi-tired but it was decent. I blacked out during the Robbie E portion but I assumed I didn't miss much.

Though there wasn't much that really struck me.
Lady Luck is smiling...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 12th, '11, 11:26

Verdun wrote:I was semi-tired but it was decent. I blacked out during the Robbie E portion but I assumed I didn't miss much.

Though there wasn't much that really struck me.
nah i will say this..Ronnie from the Jersey shore wasnt that bad in ring wise..Not nothing expert but weve certainly seen much worse from tv stars..he did a clothesline,scoop slam and some other stuff,I was impressed,hes def did his homework

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Nov 17th, '11, 21:21

Serujuunin wrote:I am liking Storm the more I pay attention to him.

I do not, however, like the direction they're going in with Roode's turn. Sadface.
Yeah I'm with you on these statements Seruj.

Just watched 11/17 impact! and James Storm was great on the mic.

I loved the Roode heel turn two weeks ago, but I would have written the story way different since that time. The break-up of Beer Money should have been a much more emotional soap opera full of twists and turns. 11/10 impact! should have started with Roode calling out Storm to sincerely apologize for taking the short cut he did, and offering Storm a title shot that night, and trying to patch it up. Then they could have had Storm think long and hard about it and then shake the man's hand. Then in the title match at the end of the broadcast, they could have had a nice long and fair and respectful match, that would end with Storm taking an opportunity and smashing Roode over the head with a bottle and winning the title back! Then this week (11/17), the two could have had another chat in the middle of the ring with Storm saying "Look man, I really don't like how this title has come between us but I wanna offer you another shot at it." and Roode agreeing that it's not good all that has transpired and refusing the match. Then James Storm calls out Sting to the ring and actually surrenders the title to Sting, basically vacating the championship. This sets up Sting to do a really long speech about the TNA championship and competitiveness and bla bla bla. Then Sting uses his authority to force the two of them to wrestle each other for the title at the next PPV, but until that time, the title is vacant. Somebody else can write it from here. LOL

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Nov 17th, '11, 21:53

e-moose wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:I am liking Storm the more I pay attention to him.

Yeah I'm with you on these statements Seruj.

Just watched 11/17 impact! and James Storm was great on the mic.

I loved the Roode heel turn two weeks ago, but I would have written the story way different since that time. The break-up of Beer Money should have been a much more emotional soap opera full of twists and turns. 11/10 impact! should have started with Roode calling out Storm to sincerely apologize for taking the short cut he did, and offering Storm a title shot that night, and trying to patch it up. Then they could have had Storm think long and hard about it and then shake the man's hand. Then in the title match at the end of the broadcast, they could have had a nice long and fair and respectful match, that would end with Storm taking an opportunity and smashing Roode over the head with a bottle and winning the title back! Then this week (11/17), the two could have had another chat in the middle of the ring with Storm saying "Look man, I really don't like how this title has come between us but I wanna offer you another shot at it." and Roode agreeing that it's not good all that has transpired and refusing the match. Then James Storm calls out Sting to the ring and actually surrenders the title to Sting, basically vacating the championship. This sets up Sting to do a really long speech about the TNA championship and competitiveness and bla bla bla. Then Sting uses his authority to force the two of them to wrestle each other for the title at the next PPV, but until that time, the title is vacant. Somebody else can write it from here. LOL
I like the first part of that lol. But I like Bobby Roode as a heel. I just hate the "Selfish Generation" thing and that they never really addressed the emotional turmoil Roode went through when he smashed Storm in the head with a bottle. They really should have built on Roode hating himself for doing that, but eventually coming to grips with it and actually accepting and embracing what he did because it gave him the opportunity to win the title. THEN they should battle it out respectfully and eventually fight for a vacated title and so on and so forth.

Iunno, they just didn't really do this as well as they could have.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 17th, '11, 22:59

Serujuunin wrote:
I like the first part of that lol. But I like Bobby Roode as a heel. I just hate the "Selfish Generation" thing and that they never really addressed the emotional turmoil Roode went through when he smashed Storm in the head with a bottle. They really should have built on Roode hating himself for doing that, but eventually coming to grips with it and actually accepting and embracing what he did because it gave him the opportunity to win the title. THEN they should battle it out respectfully and eventually fight for a vacated title and so on and so forth.

Exactly. It is like he is a completely different person all of a sudden, and everything he has said of the past few years means absolutely nothing. It is just ignored, making it worthless. They are taking the easy way out, as opposed to putting some thought into it and actually doing a good angle!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Nov 18th, '11, 05:36

Big Red Machine wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:

Exactly. It is like he is a completely different person all of a sudden, and everything he has said of the past few years means absolutely nothing. It is just ignored, making it worthless. They are taking the easy way out, as opposed to putting some thought into it and actually doing a good angle!
I agree. If they put a little bit more thought into this rather than going for an immediate payoff, they'd have a much better story. But I suppose we shouldn't be surprised, that seems to be the MO of TNA.