Tegan Nox explains why she hasn't wrestled since WWE release

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Tegan Nox explains why she hasn't wrestled since WWE release

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '22, 13:30

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/other-wr ... we-release

The former Tegan Nox discussed the visa issues she's facing.

Joseph Currier
2 hours ago

During an appearance on the Sappenin' Podcast, Nixon Newell (formerly known as Tegan Nox) explained why she hasn't wrestled since her WWE release.

Newell was released by WWE during a set of roster cuts last November. She told the Sappenin' Podcast that she hasn't been able to wrestle since then due to visa issues. Newell, who is originally from Wales, said she's been trying to get her green card for the last eight months.

"I'm in Orlando still. If I leave I can't come back, so I have to stay here for a while," Newell said. "I've been trying to get my green card for the last eight months. I'm in landlock right now, so if I leave then I can't come back."

Newell said it's been a boring eight months but joked that she can go to Disney World every day in Orlando.

"Basically, because I haven't gotten the visa or green card, I can't wrestle," Newell said. "I keep getting messages, 'Have you retired? Have you done this?' No, I just can't. Legally, I can't. I've just been chilling, in the house, playing video games, going to Sad Summer Fest [music festival] a couple of weeks ago, which was phenomenal. Just been chilling with my dogs, chilling with the friends and stuff. Usual stuff that I can do without working."

When asked if she's had any recent discussions with promotions, Newell said there haven't been conversations because she doesn't know how long it will take to sort out her visa situation. Newell said she's sure there would be things in the works if she had a green card.

Newell was a member of the SmackDown roster when she was released by WWE. After being called up from NXT, she was part of a tag team with Shotzi on the main roster.

Last month, Paul "Triple H" Levesque was named WWE's new head of creative following the retirement of Vince McMahon. When asked about the close bond she had with Levesque in NXT, Newell told the Sappenin' Podcast that Levesque is "one of the most kindest people" that she's ever met. Newell said Levesque genuinely cares about people and wants them to succeed, and she thinks that will help WWE change for the better. Newell also said she thinks women's wrestling in WWE will benefit from Levesque and Stephanie McMahon being in charge.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Tegan Nox explains why she hasn't wrestled since WWE release

Post by cero2k » Aug 20th, '22, 09:15

I mean, she could be wrestling in the UK if she really wanted.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 20th, '22, 19:32

cero2k wrote: Aug 20th, '22, 09:15 I mean, she could be wrestling in the UK if she really wanted.
Yeah, that was my though, too. Maybe once she got a taste of an actual contract, she has decided that she just wants long-term contracts from now on?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 21st, '22, 09:19

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 20th, '22, 19:32
cero2k wrote: Aug 20th, '22, 09:15 I mean, she could be wrestling in the UK if she really wanted.
Yeah, that was my though, too. Maybe once she got a taste of an actual contract, she has decided that she just wants long-term contracts from now on?
either that or she well knows that her knees are made of glass at this point. don't get injured unless you're working with someone who's paying for any problem

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 21st, '22, 09:21

cero2k wrote: Aug 21st, '22, 09:19
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 20th, '22, 19:32
either that or she well knows that her knees are made of glass at this point. don't get injured unless you're working with someone who's paying for any problem
That's more likely.
Also, those people are more likely to have some other role in the company you can transition into and still get paid regularly if your knees do break (commentary, production, etc).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation