BRM Reviews Bragging Rights 2010

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews Bragging Rights 2010

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 9th, '11, 22:30

I LOVE the ring tonight!

DANIEL BRYAN vs. DOLPH ZIGGLER (w/Vickie Guerrero)-7.75/10!
When was the last time we heard a “THIS IS AWESOME!” chant in WWE?

WWE TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: John Cena & David Otunga vs. Cody Rhodes & Drew McIntyre(c)- 4.25/10. Too short, but nothing sloppy. Then Cena hits Otunga with an Attitude Adjustment.

GOLDUST vs. TED DIBIASE - 5/10. DAMN! Goldust still winds up with the title! WTF?! Dibiase should be the babyface here! Goldust STOLE SOMETHING OF HIS WITH NO PROVCATION WHATSOEVER!

WWE DIVAS TITLE MATCH: Layla(c) (w/Michelle McCool) vs. Natalya- 4.75/10. Best Divas match I’ve seen in a while. They are getting the right kind of heat for this angle. All of the DQ’s and cheating… I just REALLY want to see Lay-Cool lose to Nattie!

BURIED ALIVE MATCH FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Kane(c) (w/Paul Bearer) vs. Undertaker- 6.5/10.
A good match… until Nexus showed up and ruined it for no reason. Josh Matthews promises us that this will be “the Final Chapter of the Brothers of Destruction.” I am sure that Matthews did exactly as he was told, but this little introduction of his is why I can’t stand buried alive matches. They are just too far for my suspension of disbelief.
And of course we get the magical magic BS that already foreshadows Taker’s return.

BRAGGING RIGHTS 14 MAN ELIMINATION TAG TEAM MATCH:
Team Raw (The Miz, Ezekiel Jackson, CM Punk, Sheamus, R-Truth, Santino Marella, & John Morrison) (w/Alex Riley)
vs.
Team Smackdown (Big Show, Tyler Reks, Kofi Kingston, Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, Edge, & Jack Swagger) (w/Hornswoggle)
7.25/10. I liked the story that they told. Riley sacrificing himself was especially good. The confusion with Rey pinning Zeke Jackson was bad.

WWE TITLE MATCH: Randy Orton(c) vs. Wade Barrett (w/John Cena) 5.75/10.
As soon as Barrett said “If I don’t win this match” rather than “If I don’t win the title,” the finish was obvious. They didn’t tell a good story, but they told and okay story very well to get to it.
It was, however a HUGE mistake for this to be the main event. Ending a main event in a DQ is a surefire way to piss off the crowd. Orton RKOs Cena. This match was all about getting to this desired situation. It felt a lot like it should have been on Raw, rather than on PPV.

Overall, this show wasn’t very good. Dragon & Ziggler were great, but most of the rest of the show was sub-par. I also really disliked the fact that the two World Titles really didn’t mean much at all on this show. The focus of the Barrett-Orton match was the Barrett-Cena issue, and the focus of the Kane-Taker match was the feud, rather than the belt (one of the announcers even mentioned this).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Codebreaker

Re: BRM Reviews Bragging Rights 2010

Post by Codebreaker » Feb 20th, '11, 16:09

I think this and Elimination Chamber are the only ones of a new wave of PPV's that are good. Although I'm not sure about this one because it may come at the cost of Survivor Series. I'm with everyone else on Hell in a Cell.

Half the reason I posted BRM is that saw the recent newsletter about unanswered posts being deleted after a month! This is a good review of the event and think you posted this on the old site and people posted anyway.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 21st, '11, 06:31

Codebreaker wrote:I think this and Elimination Chamber are the only ones of a new wave of PPV's that are good. Although I'm not sure about this one because it may come at the cost of Survivor Series. I'm with everyone else on Hell in a Cell.
Have you seen TLC? It was extremely good.
Codebreaker wrote: Half the reason I posted BRM is that saw the recent newsletter about unanswered posts being deleted after a month! This is a good review of the event and think you posted this on the old site and people posted anyway.
Thanks for the concern, but reviews (as well as several other things including all e-fed related activity) are not subject to that rule. The thought is appreciated, though

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Codebreaker

Post by Codebreaker » Feb 25th, '11, 12:35

Big Red Machine wrote:Have you seen TLC? It was extremely good.
How can I forget!? Indeed it was. I think I was thinking about the themes rather than the actual PPVs.
Big Red Machine wrote:Thanks for the concern, but reviews (as well as several other things including all e-fed related activity) are not subject to that rule. The thought is appreciated, though
No problem.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 25th, '11, 14:28

Codebreaker wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Have you seen TLC? It was extremely good.
How can I forget!? Indeed it was. I think I was thinking about the themes rather than the actual PPVs.
I see now. I actually hate the Elimination Chamber PPV for the same reason that I hate TLC. Bragging Rights, while great when done right, could be incorporated into Survivor Series.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Codebreaker

Post by Codebreaker » Feb 27th, '11, 10:41

I agree with you on Bragging Rights. The TLC theme I certainly hate.

The thing I like about EC is more from a nostalgia perspective and the time of year it is. It reminds me of classic feuds that end in these kind of spectacular matches and these thoughts coming during the build up to WrestleMania makes the PPV even more enjoyable. I get the WM bug from the few weeks before the Rumble onwards but that's probably the same for everyone. I also like having this kind of match the PPV before 'Mania, as you don't see this kind of match at WrestleMania (in terms of cage, EC and HIAC - I know TLC's been done. Plus, I haven't seen every WM). It creates a real buzz for me.

Judging by this post, it was a waste of time to change most of the PPV's in the first place and it was a bad idea anyway.