Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Tell it to the world!!
User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 20009
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Oct 30th, '20, 09:24

Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25461
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 1st, '20, 23:28

Wade Keller looked at the minute-by-minute viewership stats. In the four minutes that Jericho and MJF were singing, AEW lost 125,000 viewers.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25461
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 11th, '20, 18:07

From WON/F4W:
Tony Khan spoke to TSN regarding AEW and continuing to run shows during the COVID-19 pandemic. He also talked about a potential relationship with NJPW, saying: With New Japan, it’s been a little more one-sided where we’ve sent people there and I haven’t really had people from New Japan show up on my TV [programming] yet. I’d like to see more of a two-sided relationship there because I’m honestly one of the easiest people to work with in wrestling. We’ve worked with NWA, we’ve worked with AAA and we’ve sent people to New Japan. I think with Harold [Meij] being gone, I don’t know if it’s going to be easier, but I have a feeling it might be.”
Maybe President Harold was the issue, but even before him, I remember feeling that ROH wasn't getting as much out of the NJPW relationship from a talent standpoint compared to who NJPW was getting (Scurll, Bucks, Cole, all on the regular).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 20009
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Nov 11th, '20, 20:34

Big Red Machine wrote: Nov 11th, '20, 18:07 From WON/F4W:
Tony Khan spoke to TSN regarding AEW and continuing to run shows during the COVID-19 pandemic. He also talked about a potential relationship with NJPW, saying: With New Japan, it’s been a little more one-sided where we’ve sent people there and I haven’t really had people from New Japan show up on my TV [programming] yet. I’d like to see more of a two-sided relationship there because I’m honestly one of the easiest people to work with in wrestling. We’ve worked with NWA, we’ve worked with AAA and we’ve sent people to New Japan. I think with Harold [Meij] being gone, I don’t know if it’s going to be easier, but I have a feeling it might be.”
Maybe President Harold was the issue, but even before him, I remember feeling that ROH wasn't getting as much out of the NJPW relationship from a talent standpoint compared to who NJPW was getting (Scurll, Bucks, Cole, all on the regular).
I don't think New Japan is ever gonna see another promotion as an equal to send their big stars for a program. Maybe one match every now and then, but we're not gonna get Tanahashi doing a multi-month program in AEW. Even in CMLL, New Japan just sends people for tournaments or single shows.

If they're smart, the best thing to do is co-branded special events twice a year, one in Japan, one in the US, and start a 'training' talent exchange, let AEW use the LA Dojo or excursion guys, and have AEW send guys like Will Hobbs/Jungle Boy/Guevara-type of up and comers for a tour here and there to get experience working as Young Lions.

Anyone expecting talent exchange of Jericho/Mox for Tana/Okada has to stop living in fantasy world
Image

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 20009
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Nov 28th, '20, 22:28

Jimmy Rave. sad news

Image

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 20009
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Dec 1st, '20, 20:11

not every day i get to say this, but i really liked this cody deaner promo

Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25461
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '20, 18:32






Well... the number is good, but the fact that the high-point was the celebrity rather than the Omega promo is a little worrying (especially because of how completely uncompelling that Shaq/Brandi segment was).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 20009
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Dec 12th, '20, 21:08

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 18:32




Well... the number is good, but the fact that the high-point was the celebrity rather than the Omega promo is a little worrying (especially because of how completely uncompelling that Shaq/Brandi segment was).
it's not worrying, people will always gravitate to real celebrities, Trump is still (I think) the highest watched Wrestlemania of all time, because it was Trump, if anything, it's not a number that we should see as the 'real draw' of the week. Question is how many stayed after that, that is Shaq's value.
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25461
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '20, 21:26

cero2k wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 21:08
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 18:32




Well... the number is good, but the fact that the high-point was the celebrity rather than the Omega promo is a little worrying (especially because of how completely uncompelling that Shaq/Brandi segment was).
it's not worrying, people will always gravitate to real celebrities, Trump is still (I think) the highest watched Wrestlemania of all time, because it was Trump, if anything, it's not a number that we should see as the 'real draw' of the week. Question is how many stayed after that, that is Shaq's value.
Fair point. When you look at it like that, though, it makes me wonder if they should have booked Sting's segment right after that, with maybe a hype package for Omega's angle in between.

Wikipedia says that WM28 (first Rock/Cena match) got more buys than 23, but it definitely had the record before that (and before that it was 18 for Rock/Hogan).
Between the climbing price and the general popularity of the product, I'm always shocked that 16 or 17 didn't have the most buys.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 20009
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Dec 12th, '20, 22:13

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 21:26
Fair point. When you look at it like that, though, it makes me wonder if they should have booked Sting's segment right after that, with maybe a hype package for Omega's angle in between.
that be a tricky one. I give zero fucks about Basketball and Shaq, so I wouldn't really know what his demo would intersect with. Maybe Sting if Shaq's fans are older, or maybe the Tazz promo if Shaq's fans wanna see big dudes that can kick ass and look like athletes.
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25461
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '20, 22:35

cero2k wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 22:13
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '20, 21:26
Fair point. When you look at it like that, though, it makes me wonder if they should have booked Sting's segment right after that, with maybe a hype package for Omega's angle in between.
that be a tricky one. I give zero fucks about Basketball and Shaq, so I wouldn't really know what his demo would intersect with. Maybe Sting if Shaq's fans are older, or maybe the Tazz promo if Shaq's fans wanna see big dudes that can kick ass and look like athletes.
All I'm saying is that if this is the segment you think will do the highest, it stands to reason that you should put the thing that you think will hook the most new people on right after it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 20009
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Dec 16th, '20, 17:49

Mil Muertes is coming back for MLW

Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25461
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 16th, '20, 20:09

Jim Ross on his podcast:
"I told a kid the other day in AEW, and I said all you guys do the same f****** spot, you go to the outside, you cluster up like quail you stand together friend and foe side-by-side so you can catch some leaping idiot going over the top who never wins with this move. They never gain an advantage with this move. You know the 'holy s** t' chants is what got that going, I think. They love to hear it, 'holy sh*t, holy sh**, 'this is awesome.' It's a spot, folks; it's a trapeze act."
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 20009
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Dec 26th, '20, 18:37

Image

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 20009
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Jan 4th, '21, 16:48

Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25461
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 4th, '21, 18:45

So... let's see if they try to find someone else to book instead of going back to Delirious.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 20009
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Jan 4th, '21, 21:29

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 4th, '21, 18:45 So... let's see if they try to find someone else to book instead of going back to Delirious.
Considering it was a signing perk to not choose aew or wwe over roh i doubt it'll happen any time soon
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25461
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 4th, '21, 23:36

cero2k wrote: Jan 4th, '21, 21:29
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 4th, '21, 18:45 So... let's see if they try to find someone else to book instead of going back to Delirious.
Considering it was a signing perk to not choose aew or wwe over roh i doubt it'll happen any time soon
But I'm not sure that would have been offered if they didn't think Delirious need to be replaced.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 20009
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Jan 5th, '21, 09:07

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 4th, '21, 23:36
cero2k wrote: Jan 4th, '21, 21:29
Considering it was a signing perk to not choose aew or wwe over roh i doubt it'll happen any time soon
But I'm not sure that would have been offered if they didn't think Delirious need to be replaced.
did he actually replace him, or was it just 'Scurll JOINS booking' ?
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25461
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 5th, '21, 22:53

cero2k wrote: Jan 5th, '21, 09:07
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 4th, '21, 23:36
cero2k wrote: Jan 4th, '21, 21:29
Considering it was a signing perk to not choose aew or wwe over roh i doubt it'll happen any time soon
But I'm not sure that would have been offered if they didn't think Delirious need to be replaced.
did he actually replace him, or was it just 'Scurll JOINS booking' ?
Supposedly Scurll was the new direction-setter, with Delirious filling the details (which isn't great because Delirious sucks at details, but, if I remember correctly, that was the arrangement).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests