John Hennigan Now A Free Agent

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3182
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: Marty Scurll
Location: Erie, Pa

Re: John Hennigan Now A Free Agent

Post by Bob-O » Jul 12th, '19, 18:21

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 12th, '19, 08:54
Alexa is not behind the curve. You all just done appreciate trash talking and arm-locks.
I appreciate it more than I appreciate Lacey Evans! I said that! I thought I was being generous...

I appreciate it more than Nia Jax accidentally hurting people and sweating out of her butt crack. I appreciate it more than The Bella Twins forgetting what parts of their bodies moves hurt. I EVEN appreciate MORE than Rhonda squinting her nose and trying to look ferocious (she's just cute as a button!)


Image

Serujuunin
Posts: 2277
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 19:56
Favorite Wrestler: Jeff Hardy
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Contact:

Re: John Hennigan Now A Free Agent

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 13th, '19, 13:29

Bob-O wrote:
Jul 12th, '19, 18:21
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 12th, '19, 08:54
Alexa is not behind the curve. You all just done appreciate trash talking and arm-locks.
I appreciate it more than I appreciate Lacey Evans! I said that! I thought I was being generous...

I appreciate it more than Nia Jax accidentally hurting people and sweating out of her butt crack. I appreciate it more than The Bella Twins forgetting what parts of their bodies moves hurt. I EVEN appreciate MORE than Rhonda squinting her nose and trying to look ferocious (she's just cute as a button!)
All of this! I feel like someone should have told Ronda she doesn't look mad or fierce, or even determined, she looks like she's running for a toilet.

I like Alexa, not as much as Red for reasons that should probably be pretty obvious, but I like her. She's fantastic at what she does, but she's never going to be in a work-rate type match like Charlotte or Sasha or Becky or Asuka. Her strengths are on her character, and she is proficient in the ring.

I can't say any of this for Lacey...

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23529
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: John Hennigan Now A Free Agent

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 13th, '19, 19:55

Serujuunin wrote:
Jul 13th, '19, 13:29
but she's never going to be in a work-rate type match.
See. This is what I mean. I think that if you gave Alexa a submission finisher that could be built to throughout the match instead of the Generic DDT(tm) her matches would vastly improve because there is something to build towards. I put the blame on the agents and WWE TV's general lack of focus on psychology. Other than the Japanese women, the only ones on the main roster who really tell stories in their matches are Charlotte and Nattie. Everyone else mostly just does stuff.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

Serujuunin
Posts: 2277
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 19:56
Favorite Wrestler: Jeff Hardy
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Contact:

Re: John Hennigan Now A Free Agent

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 13th, '19, 22:21

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 13th, '19, 19:55
Serujuunin wrote:
Jul 13th, '19, 13:29
but she's never going to be in a work-rate type match.
See. This is what I mean. I think that if you gave Alexa a submission finisher that could be built to throughout the match instead of the Generic DDT(tm) her matches would vastly improve because there is something to build towards. I put the blame on the agents and WWE TV's general lack of focus on psychology. Other than the Japanese women, the only ones on the main roster who really tell stories in their matches are Charlotte and Nattie. Everyone else mostly just does stuff.
I think she would greatly benefit from some new signature moves. I'm not super sold on Twisted Bliss either, and she definitely seems to me to be the kind of person who would rather tap someone out than pin someone, with that evil grin on her face as she does it. I never really thought about it until you put the bug in my head but yeah, this would work much better.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23529
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: John Hennigan Now A Free Agent

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 13th, '19, 22:23

Serujuunin wrote:
Jul 13th, '19, 22:21
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 13th, '19, 19:55
Serujuunin wrote:
Jul 13th, '19, 13:29
but she's never going to be in a work-rate type match.
See. This is what I mean. I think that if you gave Alexa a submission finisher that could be built to throughout the match instead of the Generic DDT(tm) her matches would vastly improve because there is something to build towards. I put the blame on the agents and WWE TV's general lack of focus on psychology. Other than the Japanese women, the only ones on the main roster who really tell stories in their matches are Charlotte and Nattie. Everyone else mostly just does stuff.
I think she would greatly benefit from some new signature moves. I'm not super sold on Twisted Bliss either, and she definitely seems to me to be the kind of person who would rather tap someone out than pin someone, with that evil grin on her face as she does it. I never really thought about it until you put the bug in my head but yeah, this would work much better.
The problem with Twisted Bliss is that it's a babyface move (most top rope moves other than stuff like a Vader Bomb are) so Alexa using it as a finisher as a heel inherently gets the "cool move" pop.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5590
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: John Hennigan Now A Free Agent

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 13th, '19, 23:16

At this point I'm about ready t0 kick his ass every time I hear "Alexa Bliss is good in-ring."
Last edited by KILLdozer on Jul 13th, '19, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Serujuunin
Posts: 2277
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 19:56
Favorite Wrestler: Jeff Hardy
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Contact:

Re: John Hennigan Now A Free Agent

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 13th, '19, 23:39

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 13th, '19, 22:23
Serujuunin wrote:
Jul 13th, '19, 22:21
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 13th, '19, 19:55


See. This is what I mean. I think that if you gave Alexa a submission finisher that could be built to throughout the match instead of the Generic DDT(tm) her matches would vastly improve because there is something to build towards. I put the blame on the agents and WWE TV's general lack of focus on psychology. Other than the Japanese women, the only ones on the main roster who really tell stories in their matches are Charlotte and Nattie. Everyone else mostly just does stuff.
I think she would greatly benefit from some new signature moves. I'm not super sold on Twisted Bliss either, and she definitely seems to me to be the kind of person who would rather tap someone out than pin someone, with that evil grin on her face as she does it. I never really thought about it until you put the bug in my head but yeah, this would work much better.
The problem with Twisted Bliss is that it's a babyface move (most top rope moves other than stuff like a Vader Bomb are) so Alexa using it as a finisher as a heel inherently gets the "cool move" pop.
And serves to undo all of her heat, yeah, I have noticed that.

And Dozer, she's not awful, I don't know what your vendetta is against her. I'm not saying she's the best, but she's still really good. I like her more than a lot of the ladies on the main roster actually,

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5590
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: John Hennigan Now A Free Agent

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 13th, '19, 23:47

Serujuunin wrote:
Jul 13th, '19, 23:39
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 13th, '19, 22:23
Serujuunin wrote:
Jul 13th, '19, 22:21


I think she would greatly benefit from some new signature moves. I'm not super sold on Twisted Bliss either, and she definitely seems to me to be the kind of person who would rather tap someone out than pin someone, with that evil grin on her face as she does it. I never really thought about it until you put the bug in my head but yeah, this would work much better.
The problem with Twisted Bliss is that it's a babyface move (most top rope moves other than stuff like a Vader Bomb are) so Alexa using it as a finisher as a heel inherently gets the "cool move" pop.
And serves to undo all of her heat, yeah, I have noticed that.

And Dozer, she's not awful, I don't know what your vendetta is against her. I'm not saying she's the best, but she's still really good. I like her more than a lot of the ladies on the main roster actually,
She's really not good at all. My only vendetta is this constant BRM talk of her being better than the rest of us give her credit for lol...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests