what if the MITB...

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

what if the MITB...

Post by cero2k » Jul 5th, '12, 12:58

...is won by the Rock!!

- he's a former champion
- he could simply come in as surprise entry, or just come out while everyone is down and grab the briefcase.
- immediately catch it in for Wrestlemania and he doesn't have to be on wwe til then.

Big Red Machine

Re: what if the MITB...

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 5th, '12, 13:25

cero2k wrote:...is won by the Rock!!

- he's a former champion
- he could simply come in as surprise entry, or just come out while everyone is down and grab the briefcase.
- immediately catch it in for Wrestlemania and he doesn't have to be on wwe til then.
Would be interesting, and he could use the "open to any former WWE Champion" clause to avoid the kayfabe problems involved in stealing the briefcase (trying to figure out how to word this sort of thing is the reason why my "AJ Loves Dragon" fantasy booking is stalled).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

RedSon

Post by RedSon » Jul 5th, '12, 15:12

so can anyone simply come out and grab the briefcase? that sounds like a loop hole
The Man That Gravity Forgot!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 5th, '12, 15:34

RedSon wrote:so can anyone simply come out and grab the briefcase? that sounds like a loop hole
Well, not anyone. It would have to be a former WWE Champion. And it is a loophole created by the poor wording they have used on the TV show, but it is also a loophole someone would have to be smart enough to see and realize that they can take advantage of it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 5th, '12, 15:46

Big Red Machine wrote:
RedSon wrote:so can anyone simply come out and grab the briefcase? that sounds like a loop hole
Well, not anyone. It would have to be a former WWE Champion. And it is a loophole created by the poor wording they have used on the TV show, but it is also a loophole someone would have to be smart enough to see and realize that they can take advantage of it.
didn't ricardo rodriguez tried to get the briefcase last year thinking he could win it??

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 5th, '12, 15:57

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
didn't ricardo rodriguez tried to get the briefcase last year thinking he could win it??
I don't remember

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jul 5th, '12, 18:20

I know it's only former WWE champs in the match, but don't you have to be a part of the match? I don't think they ever implied that it's an open invitation did they?

I'm thinking Orton and/or Rey may return this Monday and become part of the match.....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 5th, '12, 19:34

badnewzxl wrote:I know it's only former WWE champs in the match, but don't you have to be a part of the match? I don't think they ever implied that it's an open invitation did they?

I'm thinking Orton and/or Rey may return this Monday and become part of the match.....
They said that the match "is open only to former WWE Champions." Therefore, if you are a former WWE Champion, you can enter yourself in the match. They never specified that you had to do so before the match started.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation