BRM Reviews the 2/2/2012 Impact

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/2/2012 Impact

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 5th, '12, 10:43

OPENING SEGMENT- eh

BUCKINGHAM BRAWL: Samoa Joe & Magnus vs. Crimson & Matt Morgan- 4/10. Finally, a win for Joe & Magnus.

ERIC & GARRETT BISCHOFF SEGMENT- the segment was executed well, but the concept was terrible. This segment was entirely unnecessary. Them not mentioning the trainer’s name (it’s obviously Hogan) and setting up a confrontation for later in the night was all so clearly done to build suspense for that segment… but that sort of thing wouldn’t happen in real life.

AUSTIN ARIES vs. MARK HASKINS- 5.5/10. OUCH! Anyone else have a flashback to Wrestlemania 19? Haskins seems to be okay, though... but then again, so did Brock.

JAMES STORM vs. BOBBY ROODE- 7/10. Roode should have used a finisher to get the pin. Storm vs. Bully Ray should have been first because Roode is the champion. And what the hell are they doing? They are giving away the first Roode vs. Storm match FOR FREE WITH NO BUILD! GRRR!

TARA vs. GAIL KIM (w/Madison Rayne)- 4.75/10.

HOGAN IS GARRETT’S TRAINER – oh what a totally unexpected surprise that nobody saw coming. At least the segment was short

HOGAN PROMO- I didn’t hear anything after “TNA is doing everything right” because I was laughing so hard. Hey Garrett, I bet you didn’t realize that your trainer wsa either a con man or a senile old fogey.

BULLY RAY vs. JAMES STORM- 6.5/10 I didn’t like Sting and Roode coming down when they did. I would have had the ref bump, then have Roode come down to try to interfere, then have Sting chase him off.

THE STAR WARS THING- They have told us what this is in any way at all. So why should I watch it? Curiosity? That would only work if it sounded like something I would want to see. Mixing Star Wars and wrestling sounds utterly moronic. The only way this will come close to working is if Vader shows up, and even then it doesn’t warrant the dumb hype.

Overall a pretty good Impact with an awesome crowd.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3