Did you know... Jinder Mahal

Forum rules
All Topics in this subsection must start with the prefix "did you know" followed by the name of the topic.

e.g.
Did You Know...The Rock
Serujuunin

Re: Did you know... Jinder Mahal

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 10th, '11, 17:35

Verdun wrote:Seru is right! Canada isn't a big deal.

I agree wholeheartedly.
lol.

That doesn't mean I don't like being Canadian. We just don't see the point in bragging. XP

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Jul 10th, '11, 18:45

Serujuunin wrote:lol.

That doesn't mean I don't like being Canadian. We just don't see the point in bragging. XP
You are so right. Canada, noting worth bragging about. ^_^
Lady Luck is smiling...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 10th, '11, 19:40

Verdun wrote:

What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of my FREE HEALTH CARE.

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Jul 10th, '11, 19:47

What.
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 10th, '11, 19:50

kirbs2002 wrote:...

What.
Even if we aren't patriotic, our country is awesome.

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Jul 10th, '11, 19:56

Serujuunin wrote:

What.
But what in the fraggin underworld did that have to do with anything?
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 10th, '11, 19:57

kirbs2002 wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:

What.
But what in the fraggin underworld did that have to do with anything?
Verdun said we have nothing to brag about. But we have freaking free health care. I'd say that's something awesome to brag about.

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Jul 10th, '11, 20:03

Serujuunin wrote:
Verdun wrote:

What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of my FREE HEALTH CARE.
As much as I would like to start a flame war, I'd rather just say that I'm purposefully twisting your words and taking what you say out of context for my own amusement.
Lady Luck is smiling...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 10th, '11, 20:06

Verdun wrote:As much as I would like to start a flame war, I'd rather just say that I'm purposefully twisting your words and taking what you say out of context for my own amusement.
I think my previous comment was taken out of context by many. Over here it's a joke we make about Americans. :P I meant no hostility and I took no offense.

Guess it's not a joke if you're talking to Americans like it is if you're talking to Canadians.

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Jul 10th, '11, 20:32

Serujuunin wrote:
Verdun wrote:As much as I would like to start a flame war, I'd rather just say that I'm purposefully twisting your words and taking what you say out of context for my own amusement.
I think my previous comment was taken out of context by many. Over here it's a joke we make about Americans. :P I meant no hostility and I took no offense.

Guess it's not a joke if you're talking to Americans like it is if you're talking to Canadians.
Oh? This is all to be taken in good fun? Well that's different....

I hope you enjoy your free healthcare and the double taxes you pay to sustain it. I bet you find plenty of extra time filing those taxes while you wait half a year for your prescription drugs.

(I love Canadians. I actually don't care about national standing and gloating this way or that. PS. what's real maple syrup like? I only get horrible crap down here)
Lady Luck is smiling...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 10th, '11, 20:53

Verdun wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:

Oh? This is all to be taken in good fun? Well that's different....

I hope you enjoy your free healthcare and the double taxes you pay to sustain it. I bet you find plenty of extra time filing those taxes while you wait half a year for your prescription drugs.

(I love Canadians. I actually don't care about national standing and gloating this way or that. PS. what's real maple syrup like? I only get horrible crap down here)
Haha our taxes aren't actually that bad. And personally, I don't mind paying higher taxes if the government is doing things like free health care with it. I think Sweden has it right where they pay 50% of their income in taxes but they get free health care, free school from the day they're born until the day they die, and free retirement homes and pensions and all that good stuff.

I'm actually not that big of a fan of maple syrup. :P It's too sweet for my tastes.

kiel297

Post by kiel297 » Jul 11th, '11, 11:08

Knowing many people from both places, and thus knowing about both places, I'd rather be in Canada than America. It strikes me as a friendlier place ;D

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Jul 11th, '11, 11:35

Does anyone remember Tiger Ali Singh??

He was meant to be from India but was actually from Toronto!!

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Jul 11th, '11, 13:27

Serujuunin wrote: Haha our taxes aren't actually that bad. And personally, I don't mind paying higher taxes if the government is doing things like free health care with it. I think Sweden has it right where they pay 50% of their income in taxes but they get free health care, free school from the day they're born until the day they die, and free retirement homes and pensions and all that good stuff.

I'm actually not that big of a fan of maple syrup. :P It's too sweet for my tastes.
only 20%.

If I remember my economics-classes right. Might even be 15%.

EDIT: Circa 25%.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 11th, '11, 13:51

Chris Everlast wrote:
Serujuunin wrote: Haha our taxes aren't actually that bad. And personally, I don't mind paying higher taxes if the government is doing things like free health care with it. I think Sweden has it right where they pay 50% of their income in taxes but they get free health care, free school from the day they're born until the day they die, and free retirement homes and pensions and all that good stuff.

only 20%.

Well when I studied it in social studies in junior high we were taught 50%. It's probably an older statistic but the idea is still there. :)

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Jul 11th, '11, 13:56

Serujuunin wrote:
Chris Everlast wrote:

only 20%.

Well when I studied it in social studies in junior high we were taught 50%. It's probably an older statistic but the idea is still there. :)
Old-timer. *waves fist in air*

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 11th, '11, 15:32

Chris Everlast wrote:Old-timer. *waves fist in air*
lol well I was in junior high school... eight years ago, and the book we were learning from was older still. :P

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 11th, '11, 15:41

Chris Everlast wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:[quote="Chris Everlast"

Old-timer. *waves fist in air*

youve got it backwrds,,,,"Old timeers" are the ones who wave their fist at you,,, :p what a strange backwards world it would be if Young ppl did what the old do aand vice versa....
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Jul 11th, '11, 15:55

Now get off my lawn.

/cocks gun
Lady Luck is smiling...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 11th, '11, 18:28

Chris Everlast wrote:Old-timer. *waves fist in air*
Careful you. I'm not the oldest one on this forum. :P