BRM Reviews TNA Sacrifice

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews TNA Sacrifice

Post by Big Red Machine » May 16th, '11, 04:11

TNA Sacrifice 2011 (5/15/2011)- Orlando, FL

Are they really calling it the “Impact Wrestling Zone” now? Oh G-d.

INK INC. vs. MEXICAN AMERICA (w/Rosita & Sarita)- 5.5/10

JARRETTS & FOLEY SEGMENT- Mick Foley is a representative of The NETWORK… this is on PPV, not SPIKE! FOLEY SHOULD HAVE NO POWER HERE AT ALL! And are TNA’s doctors really that stupid that they couldn’t realize that the x-ray wasn’t Karen’s… but Foley could? COME ON!
That horrendous lack of logic aside, this was just plain stupid. It was all done to set up Karen wearing some humiliating outfit that the tailor that she abused a few weeks ago made for her. Right. Because the tailor needed to get her heat back.

BRIAN KENDRICK PROMO- Great! Then Taz and Tenay make fun of him, burying Kendrick and making him look like a joke. And if Kendrick looks like a joke, than so does his promo… which was about BRINGING THE X-DIVISION BACK TO PROMINENCE! And Taz & Tenay BURIED IT!
While Kendrick was meditating, Cookie started screaming at him “WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU FREAK?!” This was GREAT heel work and great character work by Cookie. But Taz and especially Tenay, being babyfaces, SHOULD NOT BE AGREEING WITH THE HEELS, especially about a babyface’s form of self-expression!

BRIAN KENRICK vs. ROBBIE E. (w/Cookie)-5/10

TNA KNOCKOUTS’ TITLE MATCH: Mickie James(c) vs. Madison Rayne- 4/10 can you say “overbooking”? Why the hell would Tara have any reservations about hitting Madison?
Wow. Madison has improved a lot in one month. She lasted a lot longer than thirty seconds at this PPV.

FORTUNE PROMOS- Eh.

TNA X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH: Kazarian(c) vs. Max Buck- 7/10

ABYSS PROMO- GREAT!

ABYSS vs. CRIMSON- 6.5/10. Good big man match. I am surprised that they are actually doing a competent job of making Crimson look great.

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Beer Money(c) vs. Matt Hardy & Chris Harris- 6.75/10

BULLY RAY PROMO- dumb

AJ STYLES vs. TOMMY DREAMER- 7.25/10
Apparently this is a No DQ’s match now. I guess no one bothered to tell Christy.

JEFF & KAREN JARRETT vs. KURT ANGLE & CHYNA- 4.5/10. Was enjoyable at times, but the rules about whether tags were needed were constantly changing! Karen wasn’t legal when she tapped out (because they had established earlier that a tag actually needs to be made!)

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Sting(c) vs. Rob Van Dam- 7/10 Minimum acceptable for a main event. A lot better than last year though, but it really irked me that they weren’t counted out! They were on the outside for at least five straight minutes.

Overall, this show was okay. Nothing close to being something that you should go out of your way to see, but not too bad, either. For a company that now claims to be "all about wrestling," though, this is very disappointing.

The Slammiversary commercial at the end broke kayfabe, which really annoyed me.

Stupid Announcer Quotes:
1. “You recall that they even questioned the Spanish broadcast team about their heritage, referring to them as ‘sellouts.’ They got physical with Willie Urbina of the Spanish broadcast team”- They didn’t question their heritage at all! They BEAT WILLIE UP (don’t say “got physical” to be fancy- that implies that they shoved him- THEY ASSAULTED HIM) precisely BECAUSE of his heritage. Because he was Puerto Rican, rather than Mexican. Taz and Tenay once again prove that they don’t know a damn thing about the angles on their own show.

2. Tenay “when would it be more appropriate for Janice to return than against that man who took that weapon and put it in his back”- I don’t know… how about a match where it is ACTUALLY LEGAL!

3. Tenay “Jarrett didn’t seem to concerned there about how his wife was going to land”- I’m pretty sure that a six foot fall is a lot less painful than the alternative, which was getting her ass kicked by Chyna.

4. Taz “if Kurt Angle were to get over there and tag in Chyna, Karen Jarrett would have to compete in this match-up against Chyna”- or the Jarretts would just do what they did EARLIER IN THIS MATCH and have Jeff just not make the tag!

5. Tenay calls Chyna’s Pedigree a “DDT style-move”- Even if you don’t want do say Pedigree… it still isn’t any type of DDT! It’s a Double Underhook Facebuster, “professor.”
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Re: BRM Reviews TNA Sacrifice

Post by Lynas » May 16th, '11, 05:08

Big Red Machine wrote: The Slammiversary commercial at the end broke kayfabe, which really annoyed me.

5. Tenay calls Chyna’s Pedigree a “DDT style-move”- Even if you don’t want do say Pedigree… it still isn’t any type of DDT! It’s a Double Underhook Facebuster, “professor.”
Firstly, how did they break kayfabe?

Secondly... what the f-ck... I mean seriously... my 10 year old cousins no the difference between a facebuster & a DDT... those next door neighbours of mine, those 8 year olds that books themselves... know the difference... how can a man who's called thousands of matches and names himself "The Professor" get flustered when trying to avoid the name "Pedigree"... how about "A Facebuster"... that would have sufficed at the very least...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 16th, '11, 05:42

Lynas wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: The Slammiversary commercial at the end broke kayfabe, which really annoyed me.
The commercial said things like "the next chapter will be revealed" and stuff like that, hinting that something major would happen. It isn't explicitly breaking kayfabe, but it is still a breach in my book, because no one can possibly know what will happen at Slammiversary yet, aside from the fact that Anderson is wrestling Sting for the World Title (and even this might change). To hint at a plot twist admits that wrestling is scripted, thus breaking kayfabe.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » May 16th, '11, 07:32

Big Red Machine wrote:
Lynas wrote:
The commercial said things like "the next chapter will be revealed" and stuff like that, hinting that something major would happen. It isn't explicitly breaking kayfabe, but it is still a breach in my book, because no one can possibly know what will happen at Slammiversary yet, aside from the fact that Anderson is wrestling Sting for the World Title (and even this might change). To hint at a plot twist admits that wrestling is scripted, thus breaking kayfabe.
Oh. I'm with ya on this one. How can they possibly know what's gonna happen 30 days away etc... TNA has been really bad on kayfabe ever since Hogan used the phrases "Heels & Babyfaces" when chatting to Mr. Anderson. Dixie has gotten more involved and she's the worst for it "I'm not out here to cut a promo" Yes... Yes you are Dixie.. and when you're on TV... DON'T CALL IT A PROMO!.... Does no-one ever close a door in TNA... and why if two people are plotting something... do they allow a camera in...? Continuity & Kayfabe... I'm not sure why they've gotten so bad at it... but it really puts me off.