Tony Khan Announces agreement to acquire Ring Of Honor

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Tony Khan Announces agreement to acquire Ring Of Honor

Post by cero2k » Mar 8th, '22, 19:42

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 8th, '22, 19:11
cero2k wrote: Mar 8th, '22, 11:41 I think it actually does "diminish" the accomplishment (at least in the literal sense). If others have managed it when adjusted for inflation, then doing that means that AEW is "merely" a strong, established brand that will have to take some major screw-ups by management in order to fail (rather than just "bad luck" or being "too far ahead of its time"), but that it's not some particularly unique accomplishment.
You're comparing two completely different eras of wrestling, WCW existed during a time that wrestling was a HUGE household thing, where there was no internet PPV, it's an unfair comparison. I can even say that it was unfair comparison for WCW too because they couldn't sell tickets online.

Even if you don't want to acknowledge their accomplishment, the idea that there are financial concerns is completely unsupported. Don't get worried until we know that Warner doesn't want them on their network anymore, not because they bought comatose promotion for an amount that we don't even know how much it was.

Big Red Machine

Re: Tony Khan Announces agreement to acquire Ring Of Honor

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 8th, '22, 20:54

cero2k wrote: Mar 8th, '22, 19:42
Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 8th, '22, 19:11
cero2k wrote: Mar 8th, '22, 11:41 I think it actually does "diminish" the accomplishment (at least in the literal sense). If others have managed it when adjusted for inflation, then doing that means that AEW is "merely" a strong, established brand that will have to take some major screw-ups by management in order to fail (rather than just "bad luck" or being "too far ahead of its time"), but that it's not some particularly unique accomplishment.
You're comparing two completely different eras of wrestling, WCW existed during a time that wrestling was a HUGE household thing, where there was no internet PPV, it's an unfair comparison. I can even say that it was unfair comparison for WCW too because they couldn't sell tickets online.
Even if you don't want to acknowledge their accomplishment, the idea that there are financial concerns is completely unsupported. Don't get worried until we know that Warner doesn't want them on their network anymore, not because they bought comatose promotion for an amount that we don't even know how much it was.
That's exactly what I'm saying. It shows that they are established and that the idea that there would be trouble is farfetched.

But something is certainly less special if eight people have done it than it is if just two people have done it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3