Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Tell it to the world!!
Thelone

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Thelone » May 13th, '21, 12:25

Guess OnlyFans/Twitch money started to dry out for her.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 13th, '21, 13:45

Thelone wrote: May 13th, '21, 12:25 Guess OnlyFans/Twitch money started to dry out for her.
She supported Unionization until she realized it was actually a lot of work to start one

Thelone

Post by Thelone » May 13th, '21, 14:54

cero2k wrote: May 13th, '21, 13:45She supported Unionization until she realized it was actually a lot of work to start one
Did she actually care about that though? I remember her tweet talking about it when she got fired and some organization reaching out to her (or maybe that guy I forgot the name of), but haven't heard or read anything since then.

She did close down her OF, so she's definitely going somewhere.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 13th, '21, 19:50

Thelone wrote: May 13th, '21, 14:54
cero2k wrote: May 13th, '21, 13:45She supported Unionization until she realized it was actually a lot of work to start one
Did she actually care about that though? I remember her tweet talking about it when she got fired and some organization reaching out to her (or maybe that guy I forgot the name of), but haven't heard or read anything since then.

She did close down her OF, so she's definitely going somewhere.
I think she cared about it like every other person has cared about it for the last 30 years. It's like they like the idea, but no one is willing to do anything about it. She and that guy Andrew Yang(?) just talked to get some street cred and quickly moved on when people stopped paying attention.

I'm guessing her 90 days were done and with Andrade out there, WWE reached out to her and made her a better offer, one that would cover whatever she was making with her OF.

Thelone

Post by Thelone » May 14th, '21, 07:45

cero2k wrote: May 13th, '21, 19:50I think she cared about it like every other person has cared about it for the last 30 years. It's like they like the idea, but no one is willing to do anything about it. She and that guy Andrew Yang(?) just talked to get some street cred and quickly moved on when people stopped paying attention.
That's what I meant yeah (and that's the guy I was thinking of). It's one thing to say platitudes like "I care about unionization/world peace/world hunger" to score internet/sympathy/woke/whatever points, it's a totally different thing to actually do something about it.
I'm guessing her 90 days were done and with Andrade out there, WWE reached out to her and made her a better offer, one that would cover whatever she was making with her OF.
I'd say she wildly overestimated how many people were willing to pay like $30/month to see standard Instagram fare.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 15th, '21, 21:10

I don't have an exact quote, on the flagship Wade Keller podcast this week, Jason Powell said he had heard directly from a free agent who is a "potential difference-maker" that he doesn't want to go to AEW because of in-fighting between the EVPs. That has to be Dragon, right? Who else fits that description.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 15th, '21, 21:31

Big Red Machine wrote: May 15th, '21, 21:10 I don't have an exact quote, on the flagship Wade Keller podcast this week, Jason Powell said he had heard directly from a free agent who is a "potential difference-maker" that he doesn't want to go to AEW because of in-fighting between the EVPs. That has to be Dragon, right? Who else fits that description.
Punk. Maybe Joe. Doubtfully Andrade.

I'm more curious about what 'in-fighting between the EVPs' are they talking about

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 16th, '21, 02:43

cero2k wrote: May 15th, '21, 21:31
Big Red Machine wrote: May 15th, '21, 21:10 I don't have an exact quote, on the flagship Wade Keller podcast this week, Jason Powell said he had heard directly from a free agent who is a "potential difference-maker" that he doesn't want to go to AEW because of in-fighting between the EVPs. That has to be Dragon, right? Who else fits that description.
Punk. Maybe Joe. Doubtfully Andrade.

I'm more curious about what 'in-fighting between the EVPs' are they talking about
I totally forgot about Joe.

Booking stuff, I assume. Cody has a very different view than Omega and the Bucks, and we don't know what Page's philosophy on things is.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 16th, '21, 23:20

Big Red Machine wrote: May 16th, '21, 02:43

Booking stuff, I assume. Cody has a very different view than Omega and the Bucks, and we don't know what Page's philosophy on things is.
I guess, I just hadn't heard anything about it. The booking from one program to another tend to feel so different sometimes that I would assume everyone stays out of each other's way as much as possible

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 16th, '21, 23:21

Shota Umino's current look and Rev Pro promoting their 'return'

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 18th, '21, 10:06

Tonight

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 18th, '21, 20:50

cero2k wrote: May 18th, '21, 10:06 Tonight

This Royce Isaacs fellow used to be Bram's tag partner in the NWA, right?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 18th, '21, 20:52

cero2k wrote: May 16th, '21, 23:20
Big Red Machine wrote: May 16th, '21, 02:43

I guess, I just hadn't heard anything about it. The booking from one program to another tend to feel so different sometimes that I would assume everyone stays out of each other's way as much as possible
But given the original division of duties that we heard about (and we haven't been informed of any sort of change), that would eventually become impossible, simply for just moving someone from one division to another (i.e. what if the Bucks didn't want to break up Miro and Sabian but Cody wanted him in the men's singles division).

I saw my cousin's boyfriend (who is Abyss' nephew and had a few matches before getting hurt and is still connected to the NJ indy scene), and he asked me what I had heard about any infighting (he's an actual insider so he feels like he has no need for Dave, Bryan, Wade, etc.). He hadn't heard any specifics either. Just talk that it was happening and it was bad.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 18th, '21, 22:33

Big Red Machine wrote: May 18th, '21, 20:50

This Royce Isaacs fellow used to be Bram's tag partner in the NWA, right?
yes, that's the guy. This match didn't appear in this week's DARK, i don't know if this was advertised for next week or what, I was expecting it tonight.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 18th, '21, 22:37

Big Red Machine wrote: May 18th, '21, 20:52
But given the original division of duties that we heard about (and we haven't been informed of any sort of change), that would eventually become impossible, simply for just moving someone from one division to another (i.e. what if the Bucks didn't want to break up Miro and Sabian but Cody wanted him in the men's singles division).

I saw my cousin's boyfriend (who is Abyss' nephew and had a few matches before getting hurt and is still connected to the NJ indy scene), and he asked me what I had heard about any infighting (he's an actual insider so he feels like he has no need for Dave, Bryan, Wade, etc.). He hadn't heard any specifics either. Just talk that it was happening and it was bad.
interesting if true. I wonder if with time, Khan will start to take power away from them, for now it helps that Khan is the man with the final word.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 18th, '21, 22:49

cero2k wrote: May 18th, '21, 22:37
Big Red Machine wrote: May 18th, '21, 20:52

interesting if true. I wonder if with time, Khan will start to take power away from them, for now it helps that Khan is the man with the final word.
Supposedly the idea is that Tony is the tiebreaker and it's not a bad way to do thing sin theory, but- and this is just me reading into things that Keller, Powell, and, to a lesser extent, Meltzer, have said- Tony seems to want to do a lot of the hardcore and Attitude Era stuff, so that's actually a whole different style in there. And it doesn't mean that if Tony keeps siding with one EVP over the others, that it won't create tension.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 19th, '21, 12:47

bout time

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 19th, '21, 13:18

cero2k wrote: May 19th, '21, 12:47 bout time

This one seems like it could leave them open to a lawsuit. Better to keep him around until his contract ends and then just not renew.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 19th, '21, 13:36

Big Red Machine wrote: May 19th, '21, 13:18

This one seems like it could leave them open to a lawsuit. Better to keep him around until his contract ends and then just not renew.
I think there are more names along with him, so it can go down as 'budget cuts' as usual.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 19th, '21, 17:21

cero2k wrote: May 19th, '21, 13:36
Big Red Machine wrote: May 19th, '21, 13:18

I think there are more names along with him, so it can go down as 'budget cuts' as usual.
Ah. That covers their ass then.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation