BRM Reviews wXw We Love Wrestling #24

NJPW, RevPro, CMLL, DDT, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews wXw We Love Wrestling #24

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 24th, '21, 00:49

wXw We Love Wrestling #24 (11/5/2021)- Leipzig, Germany
I’m going by the broadcast date when possible rather than the date of the taping)

DAN INTERVIEWS WRESTLERS AS THEY ARRIVE AT THE BUILDING- fine
First he interviewed Iva Kolasky, the new women’s champion, who will defend her title against Baby Allison. She was not good. I try to cut people slack when they’re not speaking their native language, and I really do appreciate the effort wXw is making to make the product more accessible to me as an English-speaking fan, but as I said before with Amale, if it’s not a live interview, and the wrestler isn’t able to convey the necessary emotions as well in English as they would be able to be in their native tongue, just let them speak their native language and put subtitles on the screen. You’re already doing it for the wrestlers who only speak German, so why not do it for the Hungarians and French and anyone else who might need it, too?
After Iva left, Marius Al-Ani showed up. He said that, title or not, he’s still the top guy in the company. As always, he was quite good.

PETER TIHANYI vs. AXEL TISCHER- 7/10
Tihanyi gets to have a good showing against the champ. Dave Bradshaw drew out attention to the fact that this was the second straight match where going for a springboard move that got countered led to Tihanyi’s downfall.

GULYAS JR. vs. NORMAN HARRAS- 5/10
Norman lost after going to the top and getting thrown off, Ric Flair-style, then getting hit with a move, which is also the second straight match that he has lost in such a manner. I see a pattern developing on this show.

DAN INTERVIEWS NORMAN HARRAS- fine
He asks Norman about his “ups and downs” over the past year, which Norman interprets as a joke about the way he just lost. Norman claims that the company is trying to screw him over and complains about having had to work four days in a row (so I guess in kayfabe we’re also acknowledging that the “air date” and the taping date are not the same). Dan asks about Norman’s mental health. Norman rightfully gets upset about his and storms off, vowing that things will change. I really hope they do, because Norman has felt so wasted this year.

wXw SHOTGUN TITLE MATCH: Michael Knight(c) vs. Laurence Roman- 5.75/10
Knight wins clean against the random challenger of the week. This lottery thing needs to go as soon as possible.

MAGGOT vs. ANIL MARIK- no rating, okay segment
Avalanche and Heisenberg came out to ringside with their respective partners, but were preemptively ejected from ringside.
They brawled to a double-count-out in a short match. Heisenberg had already been on his way back out when they were counted out, so he attacked Anil. Avalanche came back out, too, and attacked Heisenberg. They brawled around the ring, into the back, and out the door. Avalanche and Anil locked the heels out of the building. Or at least out of that one door, anyway. I guess this will lead to a Falls Count Anywhere match?

wXw WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH: Iva Kolasky(c) vs. Baby Allison- 3.75/10
This only went six-and-a-half minutes, and the first minute or so was all stalling by Allison, and the rest of it wasn’t much more than passable.

DAN INTERVIEWS FAST TIME MOODO- good
He’s happy to be wrestling in his home town with wXw for the first time, and happy to be teaming up with Stephanie Maze again. He reminds us that they never lost the tag titles, so they want to get them back. He says they’ll take the first steps towards doing so when they beat the current tag champs, the Arrows of Hungary, in tonight’s main event.

MARIUS AL-ANI vs. JOHNNY RANCID- 5/10
Marius bounces back from losing the title and having his undefeated streak snapped with a solid (and clean) win over a very game Johnny Rancid.

DAN INTERVIEWS MARIUS AL-ANI- AWESOME!
Championship or no, streak or no, he’s still #1 because he’s the best, and there is no one who has the ability or discipline that can match his.

STEPHANIE MAZE & FAST TIME MOODO vs. THE ARROWS OF HUNGARY- 8/10
Excellent stuff. The smaller martial artists had to overcome the big, strong, scary dudes. Lots of great striking in this one, and great babyface performances from both Moodo and Maze. It’s also good to see that Maze seems to have gotten over her susceptibility to slaps to the side of the head screwing up her equilibrium like she suffered in the series for the women’s title.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- good
We got a nice show of respect after the match, followed by a good babyface promo from Moodo.

This was a decent episode of We Love Wrestling, although it felt quite light on fallout from True Colors. Then again, there wasn’t too much from True Colors to follow up on.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3