Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka Has Passed Away

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka Has Passed Away

Post by cero2k » Jan 15th, '17, 13:02

Source: f4wonline.com

Following a battle with stomach cancer and a myriad of other health issues, Jimmy Snuka has died at 73 years old.

Snuka's death comes nearly two weeks after Judge Kelly L. Banach of Lehigh County cited Snuka's deteriorating health when dismissing third-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter charges that had been leveled against him in the 1983 death of Nancy Argentino.

Judge Banach previously ruled last year that Snuka wasn't mentally competent enough to stand trial.

Snuka's potential involvement in Argentino's death had been openly speculated about for decades before reporting done by the Allentown Morning Call contributed to the case being reopened. The two had been romantically involved prior to Argentino's death, which Snuka claimed was the result of a fall.

The Morning Call uncovered an autopsy report that concluded that the case should have been investigated as a homicide until proven otherwise because of signs of "mate abuse" on Argentino. Snuka was officially charged in September 2015.

At a hearing in the case last December, Snuka's attorney stated that his client's cancer was terminal and that he may only have six months to live.

Snuka's daughter Sarona -- who wrestles in WWE as Tamina -- posted the news on Instagram on Sunday. It was also confirmed by Dwayne Johnson (better known as The Rock) on his Twitter account.

During his career, Snuka started out in Hawaii before becoming one of the WWF's biggest stars of the 1980s prior to the Hulk Hogan era. He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 1996.

Big Red Machine

Re: Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka Has Passed Away

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 15th, '17, 14:22

At the risk of being an asshole... it's kind of hard to be sad about this one.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 15th, '17, 18:17

yeah, first thing that came to mind was the Argentino sisters, i hope they find peace in this.

Bulletclubfan2014

Post by Bulletclubfan2014 » Jan 15th, '17, 20:54

I'm going to do the same thing I did with Benoit and remember Snuka as a man who revolutionized the high flying style of pro wrestling and influenced future wrestlers to be wrestlers in the first place. Instead of the man who murdered a woman. RIP to a true legend
You thought you had all the answers I changed the question -Rowdy Roddy Piper