WWE Live Event From Sydney Australia. 8 August 2015

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Earth Child

WWE Live Event From Sydney Australia. 8 August 2015

Post by Earth Child » Aug 9th, '15, 06:32

Yesterday night was the WWE live house show I mentioned earlier I was attending. My Dad and I got there an hour early and the people who were starting to fill up the Sydney Entertainment Centre started various chants. Lots of WOOOOOOs, New Day claps, Cena Sucks!/Lets go Cena etc.

They were constantly playing adds for the WWE Network on the Tron plus some of the programming they offer on it plus live Tweets if you used the right hashtag.

At 7:30 we begin.

JoJo was ring announcer and mentioned that Cena was not coming and that we could get refunds because of that but only in the next 20 minutes.

We get our GM for the night

The HEARTBREAK KID SHAWN MICHAELS!!!!!!!!!

Not gonna lie, I got misty eyed at seeing my favorite wrestler of ALL time! He tells us we have two title matches tonight, NXT title and WWE World Heavyweight Title.

Opening Match: Neville v Finn Balor for the NXT Title.
This match was a great opener as it got the crowd excited, lots of dives and nearfalls. Balor retained of course. If I can take a page out of BRM's book and rate this match, 8 out of 10. Second favorite match of the night.

R-Truth v Luke Harper
So so entertaining. Truth got the crowd chanting Whats Up! and WHOOP There it is! and Harper would flex his arms and get boos. 5 out of 10. Harper won

Fandango v Adam Rose
Very quick match won by Fandango. Amusing side note, Adam Rose had his long hair in pig tails :)) 4 out of 10

Bo Dallas comes out and cuts a promo trashing Sydney but then eats Sweet Chin Music from HBK.

Wade Barrett v Randy Orton
Wade came out first and cut a promo. he mentioned that he forgot his royal scepter and for a stage hand to reach under the ring and get something that can substitute for one. He then pulls out a cricket bat! And makes fun of the Australian cricket team getting thrashed by the English cricket team in the Ashes Series. He got ALOT of heat for it, resulting in 'Barrett's a wanker' chant.
The match was pretty good and relatively even sided for a Orton match. In the end Randy won :( 7 out of 10

The Bellas v Natayla and Emma
Emma got a huge pop, wearing an Australian flag motif outfit. Emma did a good babyface in peril, getting the hot tag to Natayla. Typical Diva's wrestling. Emma pinned Brie. 6 out of 10.

Cesaro v Kevin Owens
Huge pops for both these guys. There was a Cesaro section in the first mezzanine, just above us. Easily the best match of the night in my opinion. Great spots fan interaction, Owens playing the crowd. Nearfalls and both attempting each others finisher. This match earned a "This is Awesome" chant. 10 out 10.

Main Event: Steal Cage Match for the WWE World title. Dean Ambrose v Seth Rollings
Another great match with Rollings playing the weasel heel nicely, trying the run up the walls of the cage as soon as the bell rings. The match was great but the cage not used nearly enough which could have made it better. A few bumps into the cage wall, one superplex from the top of the cage. But none the less, an entertaining match. 8 out of 10. Rollings won (duh) and Dean thanked us for being a great crowd and that he had a blast performing for us.

Overall the night was fun. I had a great time and so did my Dad and we've agreed to go again next year. The show as a whole earns a 8 out of 10 from me. They had the right mix of big stars and undercard guys. Good action and nice crowd. :ymparty:
I feel like my life is complete now that I've seen Shawn Michaels live and can die without leaving a ghost behind with unfinished business. :D

Big Red Machine

Re: WWE Live Event From Sydney Australia. 8 August 2015

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 9th, '15, 07:46

Earth Child wrote: Emma got a huge pop, wearing an Australian flag motif outfit.
This is the sort of thing that I wish they'd put on the Network or a least show clips of on TV. Just from reading your description here, Emma feels like a big star- much more than anything they did with her on the main roster.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Aug 9th, '15, 08:32

Big Red Machine wrote:
Earth Child wrote: Emma got a huge pop, wearing an Australian flag motif outfit.
This is the sort of thing that I wish they'd put on the Network or a least show clips of on TV. Just from reading your description here, Emma feels like a big star- much more than anything they did with her on the main roster.
Just wait until Buddy Murphy gets on the tour lol

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 9th, '15, 12:59

hmm, i thought Adam Rose and Maddox were already doing their new gimmick on these shows. Guess Maddox didn't get to go