BRM Reviews Is Your Body Ready? (2013 SHOW OF THE YEAR)

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews Is Your Body Ready? (2013 SHOW OF THE YEAR)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 10th, '14, 13:28

PWG Is Your Body Ready? (6/15/2013)- Reseda, CA

THE ROCK-NES MONSTERS vs. THE UNBREAKABLE F’N MACHINES (Michael Elgin & Brian Cage)- 6/10
In discussing the Rock-NES Monsters’ heel turn, Excalibur and Rick Knox basically admit that they haven’t gone anywhere with it in two years. The match was the standard enjoyable spotfest you would expect from the Rock-NES Monsters and Brian Cage.

DAVEY RICHARDS vs. KYLE O’REILLY- 8.5/10
AWESOME! Kyle works over Davey’s arm, Davey works over Kyle’s leg, and they stay on those body parts all match.

CHUCK TAYLOR & JOHNNY GARGANO vs. DOJO BROS (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong)- 8.5/10

KEVIN STEEN vs. DRAKE YOUNGER- 8/10
The Death Valley Driver from the apron to the floor through a chair really should have been the finish. That was easily the biggest spot in the match and it just felt like it really should have been a finish.

SAMURAY DEL SOL & A.R. FOX vs. THE YOUNG BUCKS- 9.25/10
HOLY F*CKING SH*T!
I was in jaw-dropping awe for about the entire second half of this match.

60 MINUTE IRON-MAN MATCH FOR THE PWG WORLD TITLE: Adam Cole(c) vs. Sami Calihan- 8.75/10
An awesome match that was hurt by a very random enforcement of the rules. They decided not to have rest periods between the falls, which led to them doing some stuff that made this different than every other Iron Man match. Sami really got to show off what an amazing babyface he could be here, and that was a big part of how they managed to keep the crowd into it throughout the entire sixty minutes (not to disparage Cole's heel work; you usually need to both to make things work, but Sami was just out of this world awesome here).
Cole attacks Sami after the match but Kevin Steen runs him off. Steen puts Sami over on the mic and some babyfaces come out to give him a send-off. Steen wishes Sami good luck in WWE and tells him to “say hi to that other Sami for us.”

An absolutely amazing show from PWG, and my new pick for Show of the Year for 2013, just edging out ROH Manhattan Mayhem V and PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2013: Night 2. Get off your butt and go buy it!

AWESOME COMMENTARY MOMENT:
During the Adam Cole match, Kevin Steen talks about how great his wife is at fellatio… then realizes that she probably doesn’t want him saying this out loud for all of the world to hear.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews Is Your Body Ready? (2013 SHOW OF THE YEAR)

Post by cero2k » Jan 10th, '14, 13:57

i thought this was the most underrated show of the year, everyone is really high on ASWs and BOLA and TEN, and this got kinda lost in the middle. I still think ASW9 Night 2 was better, but this is definitely up there.

I liked what they did with the quick Cole pins, it really made someone like Sami, who is no underdog, be at a believable disadvantage that was gonna put him over so big if he could overcome it.

agree, FIST vs DOJOBROS and the Bucks vs Sol/Fox were amazing