BRM Reviews 3PW 2nd Anniversary Show

WCW, ECW, UPW, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews 3PW 2nd Anniversary Show

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 2nd, '13, 17:51

3PW 2nd Anniversary Show (2/21/2004)- Philadelphia, PA

DEREK WYLDE vs. ROB ECKOS- 4.25/10

JOEY MATTHEWS & RAVEN SEGMENT- Joey cuts a promo about wanting respect. Raven then comes out and adds Sabu to the #1 contendership match later on tonight with Matthews and Jerry Lynn. A decent segment, but nothing good, and Raven’as attitude made Joey Matthews come WAY too close to sounding like a babyface. Matthews has been an uber-heel in 3PW, and his heelishness has been the one positive constant of the promotion.

MIKE KRUEL vs. SYLK WAGNER BROWN (w/April Hunter)- 5/10
Huh. I wasn’t expecting Kruel to the babyface. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him be a babyface before.

MATCH FOR THE VACANT NWA FLORIDA X-DIVISION TITLE: Mikey Batts vs. Roderick Strong (w/Ron Niemi)- 6/10
Apparently Mikey Batts is Billy Kidman’s cousin. You learn something new every day.

TOD GORDON’S SUGAR SHACK- okay segment.
Of all of the crime that 3PW has committed against wrestling, I think that the worst is the fact that they found a way to make Velvet Sky look ugly. We get the standard bits of Tod and Jasmin humiliating Talia (Velvet), and they do a good job of making you feel sorry for Velvet. Then Pomp and Circumstance plays and Matt Striker comes out dressed as Randy Savage, which the crowd pops huge for. Velvet gives Tod a low blow and a flying bulldog and Striker gives Jasmin a clothesline.

DAMIAN ADAMS vs. RUCKUS-5.75/10
The match was going well until both guys went through tables at the same time, ending this as a no contest.

CJ O’DOYLE & THE BLUE MEANIE vs. THE ROCKIN’ REBEL & JACK VICTORY- 0.5/10
There was some competent psychology in here and they did work to get O’Doyle over as a plucky babyface, but most of it was either dumb comedy or crappy wrestling that just dragged on and on and on. Neither the Blue Meanie, Jack Victory, or the Rockin’ Rebel should EVER be involved ina twenty minute match.
After the match, they did some dumb thing where some refs gave the heels low blows and the babyfaces counted the pins on them, and the referees celebrated like they had actually done something.

MONSTA MACK vs. MATT STRIKER (w/Miss Talia)- 3.5/10
Striker is still dressed as Macho Man.

DOG COLLAR MATCH FOR THE 3PW HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Raven(c) (w/Jack Victory) vs. “The Pit Bull” Gary Wolfe- 5.75/10

#1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH: Sabu vs. Joey Matthews vs. Jerry Lynn- 7/10
A whole bunch of three-way spots, but very fun. Great finish, too.

Overall… It’s a 3PW show. Y’all know what that means by now (though there was a lot less blood than usual on this show. In fact, there might not have been any. Still it was the same old 3PW with almost nothing feeling like it is going anywhere at all.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3