All time Top 50 Tag Teams

Tell it to the world!!
badnewzxl

Re: All time Top 50 Tag Teams

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 2nd, '11, 03:30

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote: wait a sec, tho BRM; I'll give you E&C, the Hardy's, APA, and Guerreros; but the Bulldogs, Valiants, and Blackjacks weren't WWF tag teams originally, were they? I agree with ECWFlair about Vince's dislike of(or at least impatience with) tag team wrestling; he cannot create a blockbuster tag team. However, this still comes back around to Vince's impatience with tag team wrestling. He thinks every team is spose to be like the Rockers and he gives no team a chance to be like LOD or the Midnight Express bc he doesn't keep them together long enough to be a great tag team. Haas & Benjamin had to wait years to get their tag team back together bc Vince didn't see that he could have turned the two into mega stars (and others by relation) if he would have put SOME emphasis on having SOME kind of Tag division....
Vince the first one to make those teams stars. As for your comments about Vince not being able to make a blockbuster tag team: The Hardys. E&C.
Can't, and doesn't want to are very different things.
the Valiants and the Blackjacks were in the WWWF; so Vince (the Vince we're referring to) did NOT make them stars first; the Bulldogs were bigger internationally than they were in the states. I admit that the Hardy's and E&C are great, but other than those two, name me another tag team Vince McMahon has had put together, put over, and not RUINED WAY TOO SOON; I defy you....

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 2nd, '11, 12:28

badnewzxl wrote:
the Valiants and the Blackjacks were in the WWWF; so Vince (the Vince we're referring to) did NOT make them stars first; the Bulldogs were bigger internationally than they were in the states. I admit that the Hardy's and E&C are great, but other than those two, name me another tag team Vince McMahon has had put together, put over, and not RUINED WAY TOO SOON; I defy you....
too cool....

i could argue that DX and the Brothers of Destruction were two teams 100% McMahon that didn't get ruined. While not great (IMO) , both teams are relevant as hell

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 2nd, '11, 17:10

cero2k wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:
too cool....

i could argue that DX and the Brothers of Destruction were two teams 100% McMahon that didn't get ruined. While not great (IMO) , both teams are relevant as hell
that's a good choice, actually. They were goofy and def not the best, but Too Cool was around for a LONG time.
DX as a tag team sucked; BOD have never been together for very long. Plus, both teams are more like alliances than actual teams. WWE loves to put two upper or midcard guys together as a team bc then they don't have to establish them as a team. I must admit, tho; they DID build Too Cool pretty damn well

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Mar 2nd, '11, 20:43

Big Red Machine wrote:As for your comments about Vince not being able to make a blockbuster tag team: The Hardys. E&C.
Edge & Christian teamed before WWF under different names (Sexton Hardcastle & Christian Cage I think)

Hardys teamed in their own backyard federation... great teams that got exposure in WWF/E got it by being great elsewhere first... & thats the true bottom line...

Sassafras

Post by Sassafras » Mar 2nd, '11, 20:52

VERY stoked to see Lawler/Dundee and Hall/Nash so high on the list. Made my night. Personally, I'd have put Miz & Morrison, RVD & Sabu, and Haas & Benjamin MUCH higher on the list.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 2nd, '11, 20:54

ECWFlairfan wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:As for your comments about Vince not being able to make a blockbuster tag team: The Hardys. E&C.
Edge & Christian teamed before WWF under different names (Sexton Hardcastle & Christian Cage I think)

Hardys teamed in their own backyard federation... great teams that got exposure in WWF/E got it by being great elsewhere first... & thats the true bottom line...
OMEGA, and the Canadian indys in the mid 90's are not "exposure" by any stretch of the imagination. The only indies at that time that could possibly be considered exposure were ECW and SMW (and the latter was more because of Cornette's connections than anything else). Neither OMEGA nor any Canadian indy had anywhere near the amount of exposure that ROH or IWA-MS or CZW or even PWG have.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 2nd, '11, 20:59

badnewzxl wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote: wait a sec, tho BRM; I'll give you E&C, the Hardy's, APA, and Guerreros; but the Bulldogs, Valiants, and Blackjacks weren't WWF tag teams originally, were they? I agree with ECWFlair about Vince's dislike of(or at least impatience with) tag team wrestling; he cannot create a blockbuster tag team. However, this still comes back around to Vince's impatience with tag team wrestling. He thinks every team is spose to be like the Rockers and he gives no team a chance to be like LOD or the Midnight Express bc he doesn't keep them together long enough to be a great tag team. Haas & Benjamin had to wait years to get their tag team back together bc Vince didn't see that he could have turned the two into mega stars (and others by relation) if he would have put SOME emphasis on having SOME kind of Tag division....
Vince the first one to make those teams stars. As for your comments about Vince not being able to make a blockbuster tag team: The Hardys. E&C.
Can't, and doesn't want to are very different things.
the Valiants and the Blackjacks were in the WWWF; so Vince (the Vince we're referring to) did NOT make them stars first; the Bulldogs were bigger internationally than they were in the states.
Good points
badnewzxl wrote: I admit that the Hardy's and E&C are great, but other than those two, name me another tag team Vince McMahon has had put together, put over, and not RUINED WAY TOO SOON; I defy you....
The Hart Foundation, Demolition, the New Age Outlaws, the APA, Londrick

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 2nd, '11, 21:10

Big Red Machine wrote: The Hart Foundation, Demolition, the New Age Outlaws, the APA, Londrick
Hart Foundation- True
Demolition- Another good one
NAO- SUUUUUUUCKED! And when they were champs, WWE's tag division sucked. They weren't a good team, they were just
good characters at the time. There just weren't many good wrestlers nor good WRESTLING when those two clowns
were champs. I'd say those two were together for TOO Long. Billy Gunn was ok, but the Roaddogg just sucked!
APA- they were good
Londrick- how long were they even a team? A year? Year and a half? They were good, but I still think they were broken up
too early. Despite being the tag champs on SD!, both faded completely into obscurity bc WWE broke them up without
ANY plans on what to do with them

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 2nd, '11, 21:55

badnewzxl wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: The Hart Foundation, Demolition, the New Age Outlaws, the APA, Londrick
Hart Foundation- True
NAO- SUUUUUUUCKED! And when they were champs, WWE's tag division sucked. They weren't a good team, they were just
good characters at the time. There just weren't many good wrestlers nor good WRESTLING when those two clowns
were champs. I'd say those two were together for TOO Long. Billy Gunn was ok, but the Roaddogg just sucked!
APA- they were good
Londrick- how long were they even a team? A year? Year and a half? They were good, but I still think they were broken up
too early. Despite being the tag champs on SD!, both faded completely into obscurity bc WWE broke them up without
Londrick teamed on Velocity for a while until Kendrick left, then teamed again from 05-08

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 2nd, '11, 22:14

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:
Hart Foundation- True
APA- they were good
Londrick teamed on Velocity for a while until Kendrick left, then teamed again from 05-08
I stand corrected; I wasn't watching much WWE during that time. TNA and ROH were new to me and MUCH better than WWE, though now I am gonna go back and watch a bunch of their matches....

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Mar 6th, '11, 08:34

Sassafras wrote:VERY stoked to see Lawler/Dundee and Hall/Nash so high on the list. Made my night. Personally, I'd have put Miz & Morrison, RVD & Sabu, and Haas & Benjamin MUCH higher on the list.
I'll say it again...lol These teams are NOT listed in the order I would put them in... the numbers are there as a personal note to include 50 tag teams...