TNA Genesis Discussion w/Live Updates

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

Re: TNA Genesis Discussion w/Live Updates

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 9th, '12, 18:56

badnewzxl wrote:^1) exactly; so what did you expect? You said it failed bc it didn't keep the heels from cheating, but the stip NEVER does so. So it went exactly as it always does. I'd understand you not liking it bc it's the same old s**t, but I thought you were claiming they worked the stip WRONG.

2) I think you just don't get the angle, here. IMO, it's just spose to be a life lesson: you should listen to your parents even when they seem to be overreacting bc THEY care more about you than everyone else. Devon was being overprotective, but he was doing so for good reason. His boys had to learn that the hard way, but the lesson was still learned. If Devon had given a solid reason or seemed totally angelic during this entire thing, it would have killed the angle by making it WAAAY too obvious how it was going to end (for a while, I actually thought Pope might come out as the face in this whole thing).

3) Roode DID try to walk out on the match AND use the ropes to get the pin during the match; He pulled out a lot of the stops, but not all of them. Based on the promo he did before the match, he just didn't feel like Hardy deserved Roode's best effort and esp not a shot at the title. I thought of Dragon v. Cabana from Gut Check a little bit; even the beginning of Roddy v. Dragon from SCOH (when Dragon is going to walk out on the whole match bc the fans are heckling him). To be honest though, I may just be relating Roode as champ with Dragon as ROH champ and letting that drive me. To each their own....
1. From a kayfabe POV, they are working the stip wrong. Characters should have a memory. It makes a lot more sense to just lock Madison in the cage than to lock her in the cage and lift her up in the air above the ring. From a non-kayfabe, POV, as you said: Same old sh*t.

2. Agree to disagree, I guess. I guess I was expecting something a lot more grand and emotional.

3. Roode just didn't feel desparate enough, to me. I haven't seen Cabana vs. Dragon from Gut Check , but I know what happens. There, Cabana is already up 1-0, and he went up way in the beginning of the match. Dragon gets the pin off of the low blow in the last minute. The situation, for Dragon, feels more desperate. With Roode and Hardy here, they were both standing on their feet, no one with the advantage, and Roode just hit the ref.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Re: TNA Genesis Discussion w/Live Updates

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 10th, '12, 01:48

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:^1) exactly; so what did you expect? You said it failed bc it didn't keep the heels from cheating, but the stip NEVER does so. So it went exactly as it always does. I'd understand you not liking it bc it's the same old s**t, but I thought you were claiming they worked the stip WRONG.

2) I think you just don't get the angle, here. IMO, it's just spose to be a life lesson: you should listen to your parents even when they seem to be overreacting bc THEY care more about you than everyone else. Devon was being overprotective, but he was doing so for good reason. His boys had to learn that the hard way, but the lesson was still learned. If Devon had given a solid reason or seemed totally angelic during this entire thing, it would have killed the angle by making it WAAAY too obvious how it was going to end (for a while, I actually thought Pope might come out as the face in this whole thing).

3) Roode DID try to walk out on the match AND use the ropes to get the pin during the match; He pulled out a lot of the stops, but not all of them. Based on the promo he did before the match, he just didn't feel like Hardy deserved Roode's best effort and esp not a shot at the title. I thought of Dragon v. Cabana from Gut Check a little bit; even the beginning of Roddy v. Dragon from SCOH (when Dragon is going to walk out on the whole match bc the fans are heckling him). To be honest though, I may just be relating Roode as champ with Dragon as ROH champ and letting that drive me. To each their own....
1. From a kayfabe POV, they are working the stip wrong. Characters should have a memory. It makes a lot more sense to just lock Madison in the cage than to lock her in the cage and lift her up in the air above the ring. From a non-kayfabe, POV, as you said: Same old sh*t.

2. Agree to disagree, I guess. I guess I was expecting something a lot more grand and emotional.

3. Roode just didn't feel desparate enough, to me. I haven't seen Cabana vs. Dragon from Gut Check , but I know what happens. There, Cabana is already up 1-0, and he went up way in the beginning of the match. Dragon gets the pin off of the low blow in the last minute. The situation, for Dragon, feels more desperate. With Roode and Hardy here, they were both standing on their feet, no one with the advantage, and Roode just hit the ref.
I can understand that; Roode hadn't went for most of his sig spots before resulting to those tactics; they may just be overkilling the gimmick. It worked for me tho