badnewzxl

Re: TNA Genesis Discussion w/Live Updates

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 8th, '12, 19:03

Dead Man Walking wrote:Gunner needs to be beaten with a bat till he cant move
I like Gunner

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 8th, '12, 19:08

why are the fans calling bullshit when Mickie is the only one who actually cheated?

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 8th, '12, 19:20

I seem to have lost my stream...

Dead Man Walking
Future Endeavored

Post by Dead Man Walking » Jan 8th, '12, 19:22

This match reminds me of old school ECW

Dead Man Walking
Future Endeavored

Post by Dead Man Walking » Jan 8th, '12, 19:24

Rabid619 wrote:I seem to have lost my stream...
I haven't lost it. Well not yet anyways

Dead Man Walking
Future Endeavored

Post by Dead Man Walking » Jan 8th, '12, 19:27

In the words of Joey Styles. OH MY GOD

Dead Man Walking
Future Endeavored

Post by Dead Man Walking » Jan 8th, '12, 19:28

This match is awesome

Dead Man Walking
Future Endeavored

Post by Dead Man Walking » Jan 8th, '12, 19:31

Blackhole slam on the barb wire bored to bully ray. Aybss wins the match

Dead Man Walking
Future Endeavored

Post by Dead Man Walking » Jan 8th, '12, 19:35

World tag title match next

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 8th, '12, 20:22

I LOVE JEFF'S PAINT.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 9th, '12, 09:40

DMW (sorry I passed out last night; too many brews) you're dead on! This was the best TNA PPV since 2010. Destination X is it's only competition....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 9th, '12, 14:55

Rabid619 wrote:What father in their right mind would actually let their own son have a stupid haircut like that.
In Devon's defense, he hasn't had hair in, like 20 years, so he probably doesn't know much about good haircuts.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 9th, '12, 14:56

Really? I thought this show was pretty bad, aside from Angle vs. Storm and Bubba vs. Abyss

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 9th, '12, 15:14

Big Red Machine wrote:Really? I thought this show was pretty bad, aside from Angle vs. Storm and Bubba vs. Abyss
I thought it was good for TNA; the show actually didn't have any embarassing screw ups, awful production, or god-awful match endings. Hardy v. Roode was pretty good and the finish wasn't very different from the ending of SD!'s main event. The X Div match was VERY entertaining and the Tag title match was a GOOD tag match and not just TNA trying to get Crimson and Morgan more over. I figured you'd have liked the storytelling in the Pope v. Devon match, too; I thought it was pretty good. Gunner v RVD was nothing to write home about, but it stood its ground. The KO's match was basically the same "suspended in a cage above the ring match" we always see in wrestling, but I liked that about it.

What did you think was bad (besides the commentary, of course)?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 9th, '12, 15:35

badnewzxl wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Really? I thought this show was pretty bad, aside from Angle vs. Storm and Bubba vs. Abyss
I thought it was good for TNA; the show actually didn't have any embarassing screw ups, awful production, or god-awful match endings. Hardy v. Roode was pretty good and the finish wasn't very different from the ending of SD!'s main event. The X Div match was VERY entertaining and the Tag title match was a GOOD tag match and not just TNA trying to get Crimson and Morgan more over. I figured you'd have liked the storytelling in the Pope v. Devon match, too; I thought it was pretty good. Gunner v RVD was nothing to write home about, but it stood its ground. The KO's match was basically the same "suspended in a cage above the ring match" we always see in wrestling, but I liked that about it.

The ending to Hardy vs Roode was much different than the ending to the SD main event (but that makes sense because the characters involved are very different). The thing that bothers me about this a lot more is that this is a PPV, not free TV. The KO's match wasn't the same as the usual "suspended above the ring in a cage" match because, in the usual version, the cage actually STOPS THE HEEL FROM CHEATING, leading to a resolution of the feud.

The booking in both the KOs match and Pope vs. Devon was bad (it was a great story, but way to early in the feud), the finish to Roode vs. Hardy was bad. RVD vs. Gunner and the Tag Team Title match were competent, but they were a long way from being "good."

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Dead Man Walking
Future Endeavored

Post by Dead Man Walking » Jan 9th, '12, 16:15

badnewzxl wrote:DMW (sorry I passed out last night; too many brews) you're dead on! This was the best TNA PPV since 2010. Destination X is it's only competition....
That's ok After I rabid said he lost the stream I tried to take over but after i realized that no one was even a apart of it I stopped and just watched the ppv. The ending of the World Title Match Was crap. I figured that Rude would have cheated to win to keep the title. But wasn't excpeting Rude to kick the ref in the fucking balls to get DQ to keep the title. I thought that was crap.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 9th, '12, 16:20

Dead Man Walking wrote:The ending of the World Title Match Was crap. I figured that Rude would have cheated to win to keep the title. But wasn't excpeting Rude to kick the ref in the f***ing balls to get DQ to keep the title. I thought that was crap.
It's sh*t that TNA has to have more then one finish on a PPV to be a disqualification. TNA overbooks too much.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 9th, '12, 16:34

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:

The ending to Hardy vs Roode was much different than the ending to the SD main event (but that makes sense because the characters involved are very different). The thing that bothers me about this a lot more is that this is a PPV, not free TV. The KO's match wasn't the same as the usual "suspended above the ring in a cage" match because, in the usual version, the cage actually STOPS THE HEEL FROM CHEATING, leading to a resolution of the feud.

The booking in both the KOs match and Pope vs. Devon was bad (it was a great story, but way to early in the feud), the finish to Roode vs. Hardy was bad. RVD vs. Gunner and the Tag Team Title match were competent, but they were a long way from being "good."
when has that stip EVER stopped the heels from cheating? When they did it with Robbie E v. Jay Lethal, Cookie still managed to interfere (in fact, wasn't it the same EXACT ending? Didn't Lethal get DQ'd for using a foreign object?); when Cornette was put in the Straight Jacket, didn't he manage to get loose and throw something down for the Midnight Express? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I disagree about the turn of the Devon/Pope feud; the boys have been on Pope's side for months. How long do they really have to be AGAINST their father? I think the angle makes a lot more sense: It's one thing to disobey your parents and hangout with folks they disagree with; it's totally another to be pressured into beating your own parents down. I guess I just get it.

And let me reiterate that by 'good' I mean good for TNA over the past two years; it wasn't the usual brick of shit they trick folks into buying. I actually liked Roode's DQ bc he actually SHOWED desperation and didn't just do something out of the blue (he tried to walk out on the match several times and tried to use the ropes to his advantage; pulled out all the tricks). I think they need to just get rid of Immortal and have Flair manage Roode to clear the line even more....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 9th, '12, 17:20

badnewzxl wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:

when has that stip EVER stopped the heels from cheating? When they did it with Robbie E v. Jay Lethal, Cookie still managed to interfere (in fact, wasn't it the same EXACT ending? Didn't Lethal get DQ'd for using a foreign object?); when Cornette was put in the Straight Jacket, didn't he manage to get loose and throw something down for the Midnight Express? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I disagree about the turn of the Devon/Pope feud; the boys have been on Pope's side for months. How long do they really have to be AGAINST their father? I think the angle makes a lot more sense: It's one thing to disobey your parents and hangout with folks they disagree with; it's totally another to be pressured into beating your own parents down. I guess I just get it.

And let me reiterate that by 'good' I mean good for TNA over the past two years; it wasn't the usual brick of s**t they trick folks into buying. I actually liked Roode's DQ bc he actually SHOWED desperation and didn't just do something out of the blue (he tried to walk out on the match several times and tried to use the ropes to his advantage; pulled out all the tricks). I think they need to just get rid of Immortal and have Flair manage Roode to clear the line even more....
Yes, the same thing happened with Robbie E. and Jay Lethal, and yes, the smae thing happened with the Fantastics and the Midnight Express. So if it never works, what is the point of it? If we know it will never work, why do it?

The kids have been with Pope, but they really haven't been against Devon until they turned on him. They have been disobeying him... but not outright physically opposing him. Too much of it came off as Devon being an overbearing parent, as he never gave a reason why he didn't want the kids hanging out with Pope. The segment the week before Final Resolution showed us a very good contrast of the differences between Devon and Pope and why Devon wouldn't want his kids hanging out with Pope. Since then, all they have done is the turn. Having them turn back now is WAY too soon. There is so much more they can and should be doing. Also, IMO, for the story that they did tell, a much better finish would have been to have Devon go nuts and pound away on Pope and get DQed for no breaking a five count in the corner (and continue to pound on Pope afterwards, of course).

The Roode DQ came too quick. It's not like Roode pulled out all of the stops and couldn't keep Jeff down. He didn't use any of his finisher, he didn't get a weapon-shot in, he didn't use the tights, etc. Compare this to Tyler Black vs. Austin Aries from Final Battle 2009, where it really felt like Aries pulled out all of the stops and couldn't keep Tyler down (and yes, I know that the finishes were different on paper, but the story was mostly the same [aside from the fact that Jeff didn't have any emotional build-up to his title shot]). Ignore the work-rate and the atmosphere problems. Tyler and Aries told the story much better.

Should they get rid of Immortal? Yes. Should they put Flair with Roode? Hell no. He doesn't need him.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 9th, '12, 18:31

^1) exactly; so what did you expect? You said it failed bc it didn't keep the heels from cheating, but the stip NEVER does so. So it went exactly as it always does. I'd understand you not liking it bc it's the same old shit, but I thought you were claiming they worked the stip WRONG.

2) I think you just don't get the angle, here. IMO, it's just spose to be a life lesson: you should listen to your parents even when they seem to be overreacting bc THEY care more about you than everyone else. Devon was being overprotective, but he was doing so for good reason. His boys had to learn that the hard way, but the lesson was still learned. If Devon had given a solid reason or seemed totally angelic during this entire thing, it would have killed the angle by making it WAAAY too obvious how it was going to end (for a while, I actually thought Pope might come out as the face in this whole thing).

3) Roode DID try to walk out on the match AND use the ropes to get the pin during the match; He pulled out a lot of the stops, but not all of them. Based on the promo he did before the match, he just didn't feel like Hardy deserved Roode's best effort and esp not a shot at the title. I thought of Dragon v. Cabana from Gut Check a little bit; even the beginning of Roddy v. Dragon from SCOH (when Dragon is going to walk out on the whole match bc the fans are heckling him). To be honest though, I may just be relating Roode as champ with Dragon as ROH champ and letting that drive me. To each their own....