WHAT IS TNA DOING??

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Re: WHAT IS TNA DOING??

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Mar 15th, '12, 07:33

Serujuunin wrote: Seriously, if even the fans (most of which are paid to be there if I remember correctly) can figure out who it's gonna be, then you are WAY too predictable.
Deffo!!

When i went to see TNA in Florida, then they let you in for FREE if you had tickets to Universal Studios

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 15th, '12, 07:45

Serujuunin wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:
Its just good booking and kayfabe,and a good way to continue the feuds. Of course its going to be the guy theyre feuding with. Just because the fans can guess the logical choice doesnt make it bad. And yea,your opinion,what about it?
It's my opinion and I frequently get bashed on this site for sharing it. Which is why I don't post much.

I just think it's too predictable, therefore, I have no desire to watch it since I already know what's going to happen. And before you call me a hypocrite, it's not just this particular situation that makes me feel that way.
I Don't know anything about anyone bashing you frequently,especially when you dont post much like you say.

ALOT of wrestling is predicatable,and alot of times I can know whats going to happen to but I'll still watch it.

And what would I call you a hypocrite for?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Mar 15th, '12, 09:02

KILLdozer wrote:ALOT of wrestling is predicatable,and alot of times I can know whats going to happen to but I'll still watch it.
And thats you but Seru doesn't do the same. Thats what she's trying to say.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 15th, '12, 09:15

Rabid619 wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:ALOT of wrestling is predicatable,and alot of times I can know whats going to happen to but I'll still watch it.
I dont need any explanation about what she's trying to say.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 15th, '12, 09:44

Big Red Machine wrote: I wouldn't consider Too Cool or Disco Inferno to be comedy jobbers at all. Gillberg wasn't a jobber by definition. He kept winning. He was a comedy parody, but he wasn't a jobber. When Crash had the Hardcore Title, it was mostly a comedy title, too, but I will give you that one and Norman Smiley.
I didn't watch much during the time of Cody Deaner, but Oklahoma wasn't a jobber; he'll he wasn't even an actual wrestler. I don't think he ever lost a match except when he lost the Cruiserweight title. And Eric Young isn't a Jobber if Disco Inferno isn't. Eric Young's a former Tag champ, TV champ, X Division, and Global champ; the only title he hasn't won is the World title.

I wasn't agreeing that they were jobbers; I was trying to illustrate the fact that there are wrestlers just as "comedy" oriented as EY who have had good runs with titles. If you count Eric Young (and specifically calling Super Eric out doesn't make a difference; he's still the same guy) as one of those "jobbers" then Too Cool and Disco DEF fit that category. When your gimmick is that you dance around all the time, you're a comedy act: Too Cool, Disco Inferno, Brodus Clay, Alex Wright, Norman Smiley, etc. Gillberg was a MEMBER OF THE JOB SQUAD; he lost a LOT until he became Gillberg (when they started having him win in order to parody Goldberg). Still, my point is that he got over, AS Light Heavyweight champ.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 15th, '12, 10:01

Serujuunin wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:
Thats ridiculous,Nothing,let alone the way announcers play things,is going to make me not wanna watch my favorite wrestler in the world.
apparently, you and I are the only ppl who've ever seen this happen before, lol. What are they spose to do? Give away the mystery? State the OBVIOUS? Then they'd be "spoiling" the whole thing, right?
And because I'm a dolt and didn't think to respond to both points at the same time...

I'm not saying I've not seen it happen before. But when I've seen it happen before my response has been the same. There are better ways to set up that kind of a tag match, rather than have two heels team up against one face and go "Alright, go pick your partner." Obviously the guy's gonna kayfabe pick the guy who one of the heels is feuding with at the time. If you really wanna set up that tag match, just announce it ahead of time and avoid the stupidity? Even setting it up like they always seem to do on Smackdown by having one heel start beating on his opponent, the other face comes to save the day, and the other heel comes out to beat on his guy. In my opinion (catch that guys? MY OPINION) that would even be a better way to arrange that. This way you're just insulting the fan's intelligence by having the announcers blatantly ignore the fact that even the fans in the audience know who it's gonna be, so the fans at home probably do to.
I'm just saying that this happens in wrestling A LOT! On Raw, when Henry was beating Santino down, I KNEW Kofi would come out and try to help; but that doesn't ruin it for me. Whenever Kane attacked Ryder, we all knew that Cena would get involved but it didn't ruin it. I don't see how them telling you who Bischof's partner was gonna be would make any difference if YOU already know who its gonna be?

I'm not trying to bash your opinion, I'm just addressing your argument like I do anyone elses.
Serujuunin wrote: Seriously, if even the fans (most of which are paid to be there if I remember correctly) can figure out who it's gonna be, then you are WAY too predictable.
If the fans are paid to be there, they're prolly told what to say so they actually aren't "predicting" anything. If you believe TNA still has plants, then their opinions shouldn't be looked at as genuine, right?

I doubt that TNA placed plants in their audience in order to give away who Bischof's partner would be, but still play up the mystery of who the partner would be. TNAis not THAT bad....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 15th, '12, 12:29

badnewzxl wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:
Thats ridiculous,Nothing,let alone the way announcers play things,is going to make me not wanna watch my favorite wrestler in the world.
apparently, you and I are the only ppl who've ever seen this happen before, lol. What are they spose to do? Give away the mystery? State the OBVIOUS? Then they'd be "spoiling" the whole thing, right?
I think that the mistake is in making it a mystery in the first place. If you have a mystery every week, no one gives a damn about it. Just have it be Gunner & Angle vs. Jeff Hardy & Garrett, then you can have them cut promos to build up t it over the course of the night. There is nothing worse than a mystery with an obvious conclusion in which characters who are supposed to be smart are completely ignoring the obvious solution.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 15th, '12, 12:33

Serujuunin wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:
And because I'm a dolt and didn't think to respond to both points at the same time...

I'm not saying I've not seen it happen before. But when I've seen it happen before my response has been the same. There are better ways to set up that kind of a tag match, rather than have two heels team up against one face and go "Alright, go pick your partner." Obviously the guy's gonna kayfabe pick the guy who one of the heels is feuding with at the time. If you really wanna set up that tag match, just announce it ahead of time and avoid the stupidity? Even setting it up like they always seem to do on Smackdown by having one heel start beating on his opponent, the other face comes to save the day, and the other heel comes out to beat on his guy. In my opinion (catch that guys? MY OPINION) that would even be a better way to arrange that. This way you're just insulting the fan's intelligence by having the announcers blatantly ignore the fact that even the fans in the audience know who it's gonna be, so the fans at home probably do to.
EXACTLY!!!!!!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 15th, '12, 12:40

KILLdozer wrote:
Serujuunin wrote: And because I'm a dolt and didn't think to respond to both points at the same time...

Its just good booking and kayfabe,and a good way to continue the feuds. Of course its going to be the guy theyre feuding with. Just because the fans can guess the logical choice doesnt make it bad. And yea,your opinion,what about it?
It is even better kayfabe to just announce a match between two teams of logical opponents. It is kayfabe ridiculous how nowadays it seems like companies constantly go on an for non-PPV shows without most of their card figured out.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 15th, '12, 12:48

badnewzxl wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: I wouldn't consider Too Cool or Disco Inferno to be comedy jobbers at all. Gillberg wasn't a jobber by definition. He kept winning. He was a comedy parody, but he wasn't a jobber. When Crash had the Hardcore Title, it was mostly a comedy title, too, but I will give you that one and Norman Smiley.
I didn't watch much during the time of Cody Deaner, but Oklahoma wasn't a jobber; he'll he wasn't even an actual wrestler. I don't think he ever lost a match except when he lost the Cruiserweight title. And Eric Young isn't a Jobber if Disco Inferno isn't. Eric Young's a former Tag champ, TV champ, X Division, and Global champ; the only title he hasn't won is the World title.

I wasn't agreeing that they were jobbers; I was trying to illustrate the fact that there are wrestlers just as "comedy" oriented as EY who have had good runs with titles. If you count Eric Young (and specifically calling Super Eric out doesn't make a difference; he's still the same guy) as one of those "jobbers" then Too Cool and Disco DEF fit that category. When your gimmick is that you dance around all the time, you're a comedy act: Too Cool, Disco Inferno, Brodus Clay, Alex Wright, Norman Smiley, etc. Gillberg was a MEMBER OF THE JOB SQUAD; he lost a LOT until he became Gillberg (when they started having him win in order to parody Goldberg). Still, my point is that he got over, AS Light Heavyweight champ.
Eric Young is a talented guy. I'm not denying that. But when he won those titles (aside from the tag team titles as Super Eric) he wasn't a comedy guy. Now he is.

Yes, Gillberg got over, but not until he became Gillberg.

I don't think that dancing makes you a comedy act. There is a difference between entertainment and comedy.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 15th, '12, 16:37

Gah, I hate when you guys go on a posting spree when I'm in class. I can't keep up.

Anyway...

KILLdozer wrote:
Rabid619 wrote:
I dont need any explanation about what she's trying to say.
It sure sounds like you do. I feel like I'm talking to a wall because I say the same things to you over and over again and you never seem to get it. Either that or you're trolling me, which I don't appreciate.

KILLdozer wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:
KILLdozer wrote: Its just good booking and kayfabe,and a good way to continue the feuds. Of course its going to be the guy theyre feuding with. Just because the fans can guess the logical choice doesnt make it bad. And yea,your opinion,what about it?
It's my opinion and I frequently get bashed on this site for sharing it. Which is why I don't post much.

I just think it's too predictable, therefore, I have no desire to watch it since I already know what's going to happen. And before you call me a hypocrite, it's not just this particular situation that makes me feel that way.
I Don't know anything about anyone bashing you frequently,especially when you dont post much like you say.

ALOT of wrestling is predicatable,and alot of times I can know whats going to happen to but I'll still watch it.

And what would I call you a hypocrite for?
I get bashed all the time when I post, which is why I DON'T. The logic of that seems to be lost on you. It's not the other way around.

And when wrestling is predictible, I don't watch it. Period. I'll mute it and do something else, or go do laundry or whatever. It's when I don't know what's going to happen that I'm actually interested enough to sit and watch.

And you would have called me a hypocrite for saying what I did about this particular situation with Jeff and Garrett, which is why I emphasized the fact that I'm like that no matter what wrestling I'm watching.
badnewzxl wrote:If the fans are paid to be there, they're prolly told what to say so they actually aren't "predicting" anything. If you believe TNA still has plants, then their opinions shouldn't be looked at as genuine, right?

I doubt that TNA placed plants in their audience in order to give away who Bischof's partner would be, but still play up the mystery of who the partner would be. TNAis not THAT bad....
I'm not really sure what you're saying here, but if I'm right it's something along the lines of, if they're plants they should be ignored, right? Well it's not really easy to ignore the fact that the audience is chanting the name of a mystery partner so loudly the announcers can barely be heard for it.

And yeah, I really think they are. :P
Big Red Machine wrote:I think that the mistake is in making it a mystery in the first place. If you have a mystery every week, no one gives a damn about it. Just have it be Gunner & Angle vs. Jeff Hardy & Garrett, then you can have them cut promos to build up t it over the course of the night. There is nothing worse than a mystery with an obvious conclusion in which characters who are supposed to be smart are completely ignoring the obvious solution.
This is exactly what I was trying to say.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 15th, '12, 17:03

I'm saying if they really are plants; if TNA put them there purposely in order to provide a certain atmosphere, then the fact that they started to chant for Hardy doesn't prove that TNA is predictable. If TNA put the fans there, then they must've told the fans to chant for Hardy, right? If they weren't plants, then yeah, it was predictable; but it can't be both. That's what it seemed like you were saying here:

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 15th, '12, 17:12

badnewzxl wrote:I'm saying if they really are plants; if TNA put them there purposely in order to provide a certain atmosphere, then the fact that they started to chant for Hardy doesn't prove that TNA is predictable. If TNA put the fans there, then they must've told the fans to chant for Hardy, right? If they weren't plants, then yeah, it was predictable; but it can't be both. That's what it seemed like you were saying here:
Being a plant and being paid to be there (or even just comped) are different things. A plant is coached and told what to say "like the fans at Wrestlicious were... although maybe not all of them, as chanting "SHA-NA-NA!" was contagious enough that i found myself doing it without realizing it). Not everyone who is let in for free is planted.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 15th, '12, 19:20

badnewzxl wrote:I'm saying if they really are plants; if TNA put them there purposely in order to provide a certain atmosphere, then the fact that they started to chant for Hardy doesn't prove that TNA is predictable. If TNA put the fans there, then they must've told the fans to chant for Hardy, right? If they weren't plants, then yeah, it was predictable; but it can't be both. That's what it seemed like you were saying here:
Okay, maybe using the idea of planting the audience was a bad way of making my point, which was this:

If the fans are chanting the guy's name that we all know is going to be the mystery partner, it just sounds dumb, especially when everyone on the show ignores it.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Mar 15th, '12, 20:26

Serujuunin wrote:If the fans are chanting the guy's name that we all know is going to be the mystery partner, it just sounds dumb, especially when everyone on the show ignores it.
That is definitely understandable and i think they've done it before where the crowd chants the obvious name while Tenay is playing up the mystery thats obviously solved. It's like the crowd isn't even there for them. They've done times where when they show Taz & Tenay talking you don't see the crowd and it worries me that it might be that they do those segments in an empty arena for whatever reason then pipe the crowd noise in during the broadcast.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 15th, '12, 22:03

Rabid619 wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:If the fans are chanting the guy's name that we all know is going to be the mystery partner, it just sounds dumb, especially when everyone on the show ignores it.
That is definitely understandable and i think they've done it before where the crowd chants the obvious name while Tenay is playing up the mystery thats obviously solved. It's like the crowd isn't even there for them. They've done times where when they show Taz & Tenay talking you don't see the crowd and it worries me that it might be that they do those segments in an empty arena for whatever reason then pipe the crowd noise in during the broadcast.
I buy that. It sounds like something TNA would do.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Mar 16th, '12, 10:22

Serujuunin wrote:
Okay, maybe using the idea of planting the audience was a bad way of making my point, which was this:

If the fans are chanting the guy's name that we all know is going to be the mystery partner, it just sounds dumb, especially when everyone on the show ignores it.
I understand that; I just don't think you should blame TNA for that. When that happens in ROH or WWE, ppl complain that it's the fans' fault for being so "smarky". But when it happens in TNA, it's TNA's fault for not saying "alright, you figured us out. It's Jeff Hardy." IMO, that'd be worse than ignoring the chants. I know TNA sucks pretty bad right now, but I find that ppl hold them responsible for ANYTHING they dislike while watching the show, and not just the things that happen IN the show. TNA didn't book the fans to chant Hardy's name, so I can't hold the company responsible for the cat being let out the bag. Furthermore, wrestling itself is that predictable ALL THE TIME. On monday, I KNEW Kofi and Truth would come out help Santino, but it didn't ruin or spoil it for me. When it comes to mystery partners is wrestling, it's almost ALWAYS obvious who they're gonna choose, and in some instances they MAKE it obvious. Remember in 05 when HBK and Cena had a mystery partner to face Tomko, Christian, and Jericho? Tomko gave away who it was gonna be, but it didn't CHNAGE ANYTHING; ppl were still happy to see Hogan. I just feel like letting something like this ruin a show for you is just a way to complain about TNA, when no one needs any more reason to do so. That was NOT one of the things they need to improve on....

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 16th, '12, 10:51

badnewzxl wrote:

I understand that; I just don't think you should blame TNA for that. When that happens in ROH or WWE, ppl complain that it's the fans' fault for being so "smarky". But when it happens in TNA, it's TNA's fault for not saying "alright, you figured us out. It's Jeff Hardy." IMO, that'd be worse than ignoring the chants. I know TNA sucks pretty bad right now, but I find that ppl hold them responsible for ANYTHING they dislike while watching the show, and not just the things that happen IN the show. TNA didn't book the fans to chant Hardy's name, so I can't hold the company responsible for the cat being let out the bag. Furthermore, wrestling itself is that predictable ALL THE TIME. On monday, I KNEW Kofi and Truth would come out help Santino, but it didn't ruin or spoil it for me. When it comes to mystery partners is wrestling, it's almost ALWAYS obvious who they're gonna choose, and in some instances they MAKE it obvious. Remember in 05 when HBK and Cena had a mystery partner to face Tomko, Christian, and Jericho? Tomko gave away who it was gonna be, but it didn't CHNAGE ANYTHING; ppl were still happy to see Hogan. I just feel like letting something like this ruin a show for you is just a way to complain about TNA, when no one needs any more reason to do so. That was NOT one of the things they need to improve on....[/quote]

That's not at all what I'm saying. I say the same thing to myself regardless of whether it's TNA or WWE. The exact same thing could happen in the WWE and I say the same thing. It just so happens that it came up in the context of TNA.