BRM Reviews the 9/6/2017 NXT (great)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 9/6/2017 NXT (great)

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 7th, '17, 01:11

CEZAR BONONI vs. ANDRADE “CIEN” ALMAS- 3.25/10
Zelena Vega came out with Almas and then did commentary. Between her commentary and Almas’ dominance in this match they got across the idea that Almas has redeemed himself for his loss to Bononi earlier this year and that such a loss will never happen again, which is good for them but takes away what was pretty much the only thing Bononi had going for him.

REGAL SAYS HE TOLD COLE, FISH, & O’REILLY THAT THEY CAN ONLY FIGHT PEOPLE IN THE RING FROM NOW ON- yeah. I’m sure they’ll listen.

THE VELVETEEN DREAM SHOWS UP TO STEAL AN INTERVIEW FROM WITH AN INTERVIEWER IN FRONT OF ASUKA’S LOCKER ROOM- he says something about having seen a guy who needs some experience, and as a result he will not be so picky about when he cuts his promos. Yeah. I don’t get it, either.

HANDICAP MATCH: Lars Sullivan vs. three jobbers- um… what happened here? They just cut away from it to show us a…

SANITY PRE-TAPED PROMO- bad, because the camerawork and that bright light they kept shining at the camera gave me a headache.

ZEDA vs. SONYA DEVILLE- interesting grapplef*cky squash.

NO DISQUALIFICATIONS MATCH: Kassius Ohno vs. Hideo Itami- 8/10
This is how you have an awesome No DQs match while still not doing too much. You make everything matter. Awesome match, and a pretty much perfect finish to continue this feud. I imagine that at some point in the next few weeks we’ll be hearing Ohno and Itami have the exact same little debate that Mauro and Nigel did.

ASUKA’S NXT FAREWELL CEREMONY- a nice big babyface moment. Even Proud Poppa Hunter showed up. She’s moving up to the main roster. Regal said that he and Asuka would be negotiating with both shows, which probably means they don’t know where they want her. Smackdown seems like the best fit to me because Becky, Charlotte and Nattie are the three biggest matches she has of people she hasn’t faced yet (on Raw she hasn’t faced Sasha and I think she only wrestled Alexa on house shows, but she has already faced Nia, Mickie, Bayley, and Emma in big matches). This was a really great moment, and reminds me of those moments we used to get from ROH when someone would sign with WWE or TNA.

Another great episode of NXT, almost mostly off of the last half hour or so.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 9/6/2017 NXT (great)

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 7th, '17, 07:31

Sullivan has an interesting unique finish, it's like a side slam similar to how Eziekiel Jackson did it , but instead of grabbing around the shoulder it's around the gut. I'm curious though and not sure if he could pull it off on bigger guys actually though lol.

What are you talking about though? I saw the whole match, and then he laid out Jose afterwards and then they left into a Gargano interview with some dudes... I guess they were Fish and O'Reily, idk lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 7th, '17, 07:54

You're not paying enough attention to ridiculous shit lately lol. The , throw the chair at him, he catches it, and you give him a rolling elbow into a chair and all that happens is Ohno hits the ground holding the arm lol. I guess he blocked it and stopped it knocking him in the face, but...lol.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 7th, '17, 09:31

KILLdozer wrote: Sep 7th, '17, 07:31 Sullivan has an interesting unique finish, it's like a side slam similar to how Eziekiel Jackson did it , but instead of grabbing around the shoulder it's around the gut. I'm curious though and not sure if he could pull it off on bigger guys actually though lol.

What are you talking about though? I saw the whole match, and then he laid out Jose afterwards and then they left into a Gargano interview with some dudes... I guess they were Fish and O'Reily, idk lol.
It kept jumping for me.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 7th, '17, 09:32

KILLdozer wrote: Sep 7th, '17, 07:54 You're not paying enough attention to ridiculous shit lately lol. The , throw the chair at him, he catches it, and you give him a rolling elbow into a chair and all that happens is Ohno hits the ground holding the arm lol. I guess he blocked it and stopped it knocking him in the face, but...lol.
What's ridiculous about that?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 7th, '17, 11:37

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 7th, '17, 09:32
KILLdozer wrote: Sep 7th, '17, 07:54 You're not paying enough attention to ridiculous shit lately lol. The , throw the chair at him, he catches it, and you give him a rolling elbow into a chair and all that happens is Ohno hits the ground holding the arm lol. I guess he blocked it and stopped it knocking him in the face, but...lol.
At first it just seemed like he threw the chair and elbowed it and fell on the ground lol.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 7th, '17, 11:39

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 7th, '17, 09:31
KILLdozer wrote: Sep 7th, '17, 07:31 Sullivan has an interesting unique finish, it's like a side slam similar to how Eziekiel Jackson did it , but instead of grabbing around the shoulder it's around the gut. I'm curious though and not sure if he could pull it off on bigger guys actually though lol.

It kept jumping for me.
Yeah, you're on The Network and I'm on Hulu lol. It wasn't really anything worth seeing, just a standard "guy tries to avenge himself against the bigger guy, and gets dropped."

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 7th, '17, 13:03

KILLdozer wrote: Sep 7th, '17, 11:37
At first it just seemed like he threw the chair and elbowed it and fell on the ground lol.
That's called selling. Because his elbow hit a hard piece of metal.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 7th, '17, 13:23

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 7th, '17, 13:03

Oh is that what you call this thing those guys do to make it look real?

This guy lol. I get that maybe Itami countered it, but why would you straight dead on elbow a chair ? Lol.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 7th, '17, 13:41

KILLdozer wrote: Sep 7th, '17, 13:23

This guy lol. I get that maybe Itami countered it, but why would you straight dead on elbow a chair ? Lol.
He tried to catch Itami before he could get a good, solid hold of it, like in a Van Daminator.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 7th, '17, 13:49

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 7th, '17, 13:41
KILLdozer wrote: Sep 7th, '17, 13:23

He tried to catch Itami before he could get a good, solid hold of it, like in a Van Daminator.
Yeah I realized that like write after typing about it lol. Still, I expected a spin kick instead lol