2 Cents: ReDragon vs The American Dragons

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
NWK2000

2 Cents: ReDragon vs The American Dragons

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 20th, '17, 10:10

I got into ROH around the build of Final Battle 2011, in which the main build was Davey and Eddie being pissy about MMA trainers. I say that so flippantly because it was, in retrospect a super dumb reason to feud. Nonetheless, what followed was haphazardly watching ROH TV. It was here that I learned about ReDragon, Kyle O'Reily and Bobby Fish. Bobby Fish in particular captivated me, he was a competent athlete, and had a whiny Northeastern accent that reminded me a bit of Vince Russo. I loved him, and I wondered why he wasn't in a bigger place than ROH.

Cut to me years later, learning more about the wrestling exploits of Kyle, Davey, and Eddie, and watching The Wolves in TNA, and it occurred to me

ReDragon are way better than The American Dragons.

As I said, you've got a mouthy little man in Bobby Fish and you've got Kyle O'Reily, who I grew to appreciate as a surly MMA fighting bastard, who's facials in ring (and absolute slobber knockers against people like Sami Callihan) let you know who meant business. On the other hand, what are Edwards and Davey if not "generic MMA indy wrestler" ?

In conclusion, I've seen people on the web salivating over Eddie and Davey but totally underselling the talent of ReDragon. Hopefully this run with them and Cole can show people what they can do.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

KILLdozer

Re: 2 Cents: ReDragon vs The American Dragons

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 20th, '17, 10:37

Wolves. American Wolves.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 20th, '17, 18:40

I never really saw the Wolves as 'MMA guys' maybe because I saw them when they were starting in ROH.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 20th, '17, 19:13

cero2k wrote: Aug 20th, '17, 18:40 I never really saw the Wolves as 'MMA guys' maybe because I saw them when they were starting in ROH.
They always talked Davey up as one.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 21st, '17, 07:47

Fix your got dang title at once or else I'm gonna tilt a whirl back breaker your vanilla midget ass!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 22nd, '17, 08:42

*Doesn't change the title"

Alright that's it lol.