cero2k
Site Admin

Re: ROH (& Friends) War of the Worlds UK Hype Thread

Post by cero2k » Jun 26th, '17, 09:16

if Bully Ray doesn't do comedy, that could be a good match

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 26th, '17, 12:12

cero2k wrote: Jun 26th, '17, 09:16 if Bully Ray doesn't do comedy, that could be a good match
Every match he has had as been bad. If he could haven't a good one with Silas, why makes you think he'll have a good one with EVIL? I guess it will be amusing to watch Bully try to no-selling EVIL's stuff and then EVIL just make him sell it if you know whta I mean.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 26th, '17, 12:40

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 26th, '17, 12:12
cero2k wrote: Jun 26th, '17, 09:16 if Bully Ray doesn't do comedy, that could be a good match
Every match he has had as been bad. If he could haven't a good one with Silas, why makes you think he'll have a good one with EVIL? I guess it will be amusing to watch Bully try to no-selling EVIL's stuff and then EVIL just make him sell it if you know whta I mean.
this exactly it, these two could have a good big lad's stiff hoss fight, but it's if and only if Bully Ray gets his head out of his ass

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 26th, '17, 12:50

cero2k wrote: Jun 26th, '17, 12:40
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 26th, '17, 12:12
this exactly it, these two could have a good big lad's stiff hoss fight, but it's if and only if Bully Ray gets his head out of his ass
But history has proven that he won't. He hasn't so far in ROH and he didn't when he was given free reign in TNA, either. He both EC III and Bobby Roode as little as possible when he worked with them.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 17th, '17, 11:39

Liverpool show is now on iPPV. On that show KUSHIDA defends that TV Title in a four-way against Dalton, Scurll, and Hiromu. I see a title change back to Scurll happening.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 17th, '17, 12:20

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 17th, '17, 11:39 Liverpool show is now on iPPV. On that show KUSHIDA defends that TV Title in a four-way against Dalton, Scurll, and Hiromu. I see a title change back to Scurll happening.
this should be a really interesting match, 4 really different personalities

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 17th, '17, 13:41

At War of the Worlds UK: Liverpool SANADA gets a shot at Cody's ROH World Title

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 17th, '17, 17:34

Addiction vs. Cody & Scurll in Edinburgh.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 18th, '17, 13:44

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 18th, '17, 13:58

cero2k wrote: Jul 18th, '17, 13:44
See... this is the sort of thing that actually makes sense to do as a main event instead of the random six-or-eight-man tags they usually do with Bullet Club.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 18th, '17, 14:01

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 18th, '17, 13:58
See... this is the sort of thing that actually makes sense to do as a main event instead of the random six-or-eight-man tags they usually do with Bullet Club.
i'm actually really interested to see the finish they do, I can either see BUSHI/Takahashi pinning the Bucks, or Naito pinning Cody for future title shots maybe.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 18th, '17, 14:48

cero2k wrote: Jul 18th, '17, 14:01
Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 18th, '17, 13:58
i'm actually really interested to see the finish they do, I can either see BUSHI/Takahashi pinning the Bucks, or Naito pinning Cody for future title shots maybe.
Have you forgotten who is booking? If BC lose, Page is eating the pin, and if LIJ lose, it's almost certainly going to be BUSHI (unless Sanada sh*ts the bed in this year's G1). Delirious has already shown that his MO to give title shots to whoever he wants for no reason at all (including us already having gotten a Young Bucks vs. LIJ tag title match at War of the Worlds 2017) and to protect his higher-level guys at all costs, even when it makes no sense to do so. Even if he wanted a Cody vs. Naito title shot out of this (assuming NJPW is willing to get Naito job to Cody, which they should be, but you never know) he would just have Naito pin Page and then have him be awarded the title shot, even though this is, like, Naito's only victory of note in an ROH ring since his loss to Lethal last year.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 18th, '17, 15:01

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 18th, '17, 14:48
Have you forgotten who is booking? If BC lose, Page is eating the pin, and if LIJ lose, it's almost certainly going to be BUSHI (unless Sanada sh*ts the bed in this year's G1). Delirious has already shown that his MO to give title shots to whoever he wants for no reason at all (including us already having gotten a Young Bucks vs. LIJ tag title match at War of the Worlds 2017) and to protect his higher-level guys at all costs, even when it makes no sense to do so. Even if he wanted a Cody vs. Naito title shot out of this (assuming NJPW is willing to get Naito job to Cody, which they should be, but you never know) he would just have Naito pin Page and then have him be awarded the title shot, even though this is, like, Naito's only victory of note in an ROH ring since his loss to Lethal last year.
I had blind hope that since it's a co-promoted, they could build something towards a NJPW show. Page I was actually thinking wouldn't get pinned since he is next in line to challenge for the IWGP tag titles, but i guess this match is after that shot anyway

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 18th, '17, 15:41

cero2k wrote: Jul 18th, '17, 15:01
Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 18th, '17, 14:48
I had blind hope that since it's a co-promoted, they could build something towards a NJPW show. Page I was actually thinking wouldn't get pinned since he is next in line to challenge for the IWGP tag titles, but i guess this match is after that shot anyway
The only instance I can think of where NJPW set something up like that where both shows didn't happen in Japan is Zack dropping the RevPro belt to Shibata so he could win it back by joining Suzuki-Gun (and I don't think that was really much of a joined show so much as Shibata appearing in RevPro and then Zack coming to New Japan). Even Lethal's title shot against Naito last year was originally supposed to go to Elgin but had to be put off because Elgin broke his orbital bone (it just worked out luckily for both promotions that Lethal had just beaten Naito in ROH). Remember that Lethal and Naito joined up on a show in Japan and then had a break-up in the US on an ROH/NJPW joined show that was then totally ignored when they went back to Japan for the G1. Even when YOSHI-HASHI pinned Adam Cole at this year's New Year Dash that was to set up a title shot taking place on a joined show in Japan.
I think New Japan has enough respect for their relationship with CMLL to stay out of Mexico (maybe it would be different if CMLL were weaker), but I really think they see ROH and RevPro (and D'Amore, and others they've worked with in the past) as nothing more than a way to get their own talent over in the US without the risk of losing a lot of money on a tour like they probably did in 2011 (and New Japan is hot right now so ROH and RevPro are perfectly happy being used. The problem in ROH's case is that they seem to be doing absolutely no planning whenever NJPW might decide that they don't need them anymore).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 19th, '17, 09:42

Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero vs. Briscoes in Edinburgh.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 21st, '17, 21:34

Castle & Boys vs Mistico/Liger/Deliciours announced

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 24th, '17, 11:40

Bucks defend the tag titles against The Addiction on the iPPV in Liverpool.
KUSHIDA defends the TV Title against Titan in London (should be great!).
Addiction vs. Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Buccanero in London
Castle & The Boys defend the six-man titles against Bullet Club (Bucks & Page) in Edinburgh.
Lethal vs. Silas in a Street Fight in Edinburgh.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 24th, '17, 11:56

So... things currently look lie this:

8/18- London:

LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON vs. BULLET CLUB (Adam Page, Marty Scurll, Cody, & the Young Bucks)
ROH TV TITLE MATCH: KUSHIDA/Kenny King TV Taping Winner(c) vs. Titan
ROH WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Dalton Castle & The Boys(c) vs. Delirious, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, & Mistico
Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero vs. The Addiction

8/19- Liverpool (iPPV):

ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH: Cody(c) vs. Sanada
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Young Bucks(c) vs. The Addiction
Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero vs. Mistico & Atlantis
FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL FOR THE ROH TV TITLE: KUSHIDA/Kenny King/Titan(c) vs. Dalton Castle vs. Marty Scurll vs. Hiromu Takahashi

8/20- Edinburgh:

The Addiction vs. Bullet Club (Marty Scurll & Cody) (this will be the main event, even though there is a freakin' street fight and a title match also on this card)
STREET FIGHT: Silas Young vs. Jay Lethal
Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero vs. Briscoes
EVIL vs. Bully Ray (almost certain to become a Street Fight)
ROH WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Dalton Castle & The Boys(c) vs. Bullet Club (Adam Page & the Young Bucks)

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation