New US Champion.

KILLdozer

New US Champion.

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 7th, '17, 21:26

AJ Styles evidently defeated Owens at a house tonight at The Garden.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Re: New US Champion.

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 8th, '17, 21:25

This seems like a very weird thing for them to have done, considering they just built up to a PPV match on SD.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 9th, '17, 17:29

This MSG show seemed to be a really big deal, since they had some Smackdown stars there too (I would have loved to have been there), but yeah, it seems weird!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 9th, '17, 18:45

Serujuunin wrote: Jul 9th, '17, 17:29 This MSG show seemed to be a really big deal, since they had some Smackdown stars there too (I would have loved to have been there), but yeah, it seems weird!
Okay... doing a cross-branded show is really annoying, too. I'm in the NYC market so I saw all of the local commercials for this during Raw and SD and they didn't feel any different from local commercials for past NYC-area house shows.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 9th, '17, 21:45

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 9th, '17, 18:45
Serujuunin wrote: Jul 9th, '17, 17:29 This MSG show seemed to be a really big deal, since they had some Smackdown stars there too (I would have loved to have been there), but yeah, it seems weird!
Okay... doing a cross-branded show is really annoying, too. I'm in the NYC market so I saw all of the local commercials for this during Raw and SD and they didn't feel any different from local commercials for past NYC-area house shows.
You're in the market and you didn't go to a show that had Balor AND Nakamura on it! I would have died to be there! Nothing fun happens in Calgary because our stadium is trash. :(

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 9th, '17, 22:09

Serujuunin wrote: Jul 9th, '17, 21:45
You're in the market and you didn't go to a show that had Balor AND Nakamura on it! I would have died to be there! Nothing fun happens in Calgary because our stadium is trash. :(
Couldn't go.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 9th, '17, 22:18

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 9th, '17, 22:09

Couldn't go.
Ah, gotcha.

The more I think about it, I think the change is meant to get people to believe that things that actually matter can happen at house shows- maybe their attendance at house shows is in the toilet and they need something to get those numbers back up. A title change at a house show would certainly do that.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 9th, '17, 22:43

Serujuunin wrote: Jul 9th, '17, 22:18

Couldn't go.
Ah, gotcha.

The more I think about it, I think the change is meant to get people to believe that things that actually matter can happen at house shows- maybe their attendance at house shows is in the toilet and they need something to get those numbers back up. A title change at a house show would certainly do that.
I'm sure that's the reason behind it and I wouldn't object to it in theory, but for God's sake don't waste the babyface's win in a match you just spent a bunch of TV time building up. It's counter productive, especially when they could have done it with, say, the Smackdown Women's Championship (or a whole bunch of other titles if they had just waited a week). It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 9th, '17, 22:46

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 9th, '17, 22:43
Serujuunin wrote: Jul 9th, '17, 22:18
Couldn't go.
Ah, gotcha.

I'm sure that's the reason behind it and I wouldn't object to it in theory, but for God's sake don't waste the babyface's win in a match you just spent a bunch of TV time building up. It's counter productive, especially when they could have done it with, say, the Smackdown Women's Championship (or a whole bunch of other titles if they had just waited a week). It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Oh I absolutely agree with you. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying I think I understand the thought process. It's deeply flawed, but I understand it.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 11th, '17, 22:29

All the "Face of America new face of America" over hyped crap just had to end. Immediately lol. Couldn't even wait for SD!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 11th, '17, 22:30

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 11th, '17, 22:29 All the "Face of America new face of America" over hyped crap just had to end. Immediately lol. Couldn't even wait for SD!
That is one positive of this.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 11th, '17, 22:37

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 11th, '17, 22:30
KILLdozer wrote: Jul 11th, '17, 22:29 All the "Face of America new face of America" over hyped crap just had to end. Immediately lol. Couldn't even wait for SD!
That is one positive of this.
Exactly. Just the first real big chance at the garden came around... that's it lol.