Lance Storm's Take on the Rip Rogers-Will Ospreay Debate

Tell it to the world!!
Big Red Machine

Lance Storm's Take on the Rip Rogers-Will Ospreay Debate

Post by Big Red Machine » May 17th, '17, 11:08

As usual, the best take on this has come from Lance Storm on this week's Killing The Town (I think it's their first segment), which everyone should go listen to. Here it is:

http://podcastone.com/episode/Old-schoo ... ro-ECW-PPV!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Lance Storm's Take on the Rip Rogers-Will Ospreay Debate

Post by cero2k » May 17th, '17, 11:35

we'll see, because so far Joey Ryan has the best take so far

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » May 30th, '17, 21:40

I'd expect that dingleberry Ryan to miss the point of the argument.
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 5th, '17, 11:44

What exactly​ is the Rip Rogers-Will Ospreay debate in the first place?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 5th, '17, 11:54

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 5th, '17, 11:44 What exactly​ is the Rip Rogers-Will Ospreay debate in the first place?
Rip Rogers posted text describing 'every indie match today', it pretty much said that it's all dives and spots, typical old timer complain about today's wrestling. Ospreay responded something similar to when he and Vader had their little thing, pretty much defending his style of wrestling.

Bully Ray added a photo of himself diving from the top rope. Orton made fun of him, and that's when it all escalated.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 5th, '17, 12:09

Right. I knew all of that.

Idk and don't really care truthfully as far as what the right answer or side is.

Different styles of things from different generations, both sides have equal merit because their way is just naturally their way, so shut the hell up, let them go about it how they want, and be done with it.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 5th, '17, 12:14

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 5th, '17, 12:09 Right. I knew all of that.

Idk and don't really care truthfully as far as what the right answer or side is.

Different styles of things from different generations, both sides have equal merit because their way is just naturally their way, so shut the hell up, let them go about it how they want, and be done with it.
exactly, that's the whole thing, some people like spots, some like stories. Could the younger crowd learn from the old timers? sure, do the old timers need to realize that what worked for them won't necessarily work today? that too. Does Randy Orton need to shut up? Most definitely.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 5th, '17, 18:15

cero2k wrote: Jun 5th, '17, 12:14
KILLdozer wrote: Jun 5th, '17, 12:09 Right. I knew all of that.

exactly, that's the whole thing, some people like spots, some like stories. Could the younger crowd learn from the old timers? sure, do the old timers need to realize that what worked for them won't necessarily work today? that too. Does Randy Orton need to shut up? Most definitely.
Having seen Bully's recent performances, Randy is totally in the right. Bully is quite the politician, and inserting himself on the "young guys" side is completely self-serving. He just wants to maintain this illusion that he can still go for as long as possible, and doing sh*tty dives where three guys catch him is part of that. Just like him latching onto and leeching off of the ROH name.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 6th, '17, 10:23

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 5th, '17, 18:15
Having seen Bully's recent performances, Randy is totally in the right. Bully is quite the politician, and inserting himself on the "young guys" side is completely self-serving. He just wants to maintain this illusion that he can still go for as long as possible, and doing sh*tty dives where three guys catch him is part of that. Just like him latching onto and leeching off of the ROH name.
it was more of Randy's apology he did that rubbed people the wrong way. I think we all smiled when he replied to Bully

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 6th, '17, 10:58

cero2k wrote: Jun 6th, '17, 10:23
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 5th, '17, 18:15
it was more of Randy's apology he did that rubbed people the wrong way. I think we all smiled when he replied to Bully
I don't actually know if they ever worked together, but I can definitely see Bubba Ray Dudley taking liberties with a young Randy Orton just because he could, so it's entirely possible that Randy has been waiting years for an opportunity like this.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 6th, '17, 11:26

the Dudleys fought Batista and Orton at a live event or something and both Batista and Orton got injured in the match. They blamed it on Ray. this goes back to the evolution days
"I never liked him," Orton said of Bubba. "I never liked what he did because he only thought of himself. In the match my foot was broken, it was his fault... Bubba Dudley is the most out of shape, fat, non-work-ethic-having person I knew. And you had a bad taste in your mouth when you met him."