BRM Reviews the 5/31/2017 NXT (GREAT!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 5/31/2017 NXT (GREAT!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 2nd, '17, 02:31

TOMMASO CIAMPA EXPLAINS WHY HE ATTACKED JOHNNY GARGANO- awesome!

DANNY BURCH VIDEO PACKAGE- fine

BOBBY ROODE PROMO FROM A CAR- he’s going to have his a big “championship celebration” next week.

DANNY BURCH vs. PETE DUNNE- 8/10
Awesome match. Dunne cut great promo after the match as well.

VELVETEEN DREAM INTERVIEW ATTEMPT- well… it’s trying to establish some character so that’s good.

ANDRADE “CIEN” ALMAS vs. CEZARO BONONI- 3/10
Almas dominates the match against the much bigger Bononi but then loses via small package. Almas didn’t care about his loss once the initial shock wore off.

PEYTON ROYCE & BILLY KAY VIDEO- the big news here is that Ember Moon is cleared for action. I was quite happy that they actually remembered that injury angle they did with Ember’s finisher a few months ago.

In two weeks Asuka will defend the NXT Women’s Title against Ruby Riot and Nikki Cross in an elimination match. What, exactly have these two done to earn another title shot?

HIDEO ITAMI GETS ANGRY IN THE LOCKER ROOM AFTER LOSING AT TAKEOVER- AWESOME!
I loved the idea that Itami was cursing at Ohno in Japanese so they bleeped it (that took me three tries to not type “KENTA” and “Hero”). And if you think was over the top and unrealistic, there was at one point a story going around that the reason Gabe never booked a Joe vs. KENTA singles match despite it seeming like such an obvious thing to do was that both men had tempers so legendary that Gabe was worried the match would devolve into a shoot.
Also, an Adam Pearce sighting (I’m not so excited about Funaki because we see him at every PPV). And I’m pretty sure Pearce was cursing, too. That’s not surprising.

ITAMI & OHNO MEET IN THE PARKING LOT AND BECOME FRIENDS AGAIN- sure. Why not. Also, next week we’re getting Hideo Itami vs. Oney Lorcan.

RODERICK STRONG & KASSIUS OHNO vs. SAnitY (Eric Young & Alexander Wolfe) (w/Killian Dain)- 7/10
No Way Jose finally returns from injury to stop Dain from interfering, which was definitely a nice moment, but I can’t help but feel that we’re now back at square one.

A GREAT show from NXT, especially the first half.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 5/31/2017 NXT (GREAT!)

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 3rd, '17, 12:13

I'm guessing someone's going to turn and join Sanity, since it seems like logical progression, but then again maybe not, but I'm not sure... because as you said...if not, that just means nothing's really changed.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 3rd, '17, 21:06

KILLdozer wrote: Jun 3rd, '17, 12:13 I'm guessing someone's going to turn and join Sanity, since it seems like logical progression, but then again maybe not, but I'm not sure... because as you said...if not, that just means nothing's really changed.
Maybe Sawyer Fulton is coming back soon

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 4th, '17, 11:58

cero2k wrote: Jun 3rd, '17, 21:06
KILLdozer wrote: Jun 3rd, '17, 12:13 I'm guessing someone's going to turn and join Sanity, since it seems like logical progression, but then again maybe not, but I'm not sure... because as you said...if not, that just means nothing's really changed.
Maybe Sawyer Fulton is coming back soon
I guess it's about time.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.