War of the Worlds/ Global Wars Hype!

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

Re: War of the Worlds/ Global Wars Hype!

Post by cero2k » Apr 25th, '17, 17:41

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:it was Naito the one i didn't want actually. I really like the Sanada/Bushi team for some reason

Really? I just can't get behind BUSHI anymore. They've made him come off like such a second-rate guy now that they have KAMAITACHI. The tag division would be a good place for Sanada & EVIL, though, IMO.

yeah, junior heavyweight, i don't see him relevant at all anymore, but i like him in a tag team situation, particularly with Sanada because Sanada can be both fast and strong, so it works with different teams. I see BUSHI and SANADA as Mark Briscoe is to Jay Briscoe. EVIL i actually like him solo for the most part.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 25th, '17, 17:50

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:it was Naito the one i didn't want actually. I really like the Sanada/Bushi team for some reason

Really? I just can't get behind BUSHI anymore. They've made him come off like such a second-rate guy now that they have KAMAITACHI. The tag division would be a good place for Sanada & EVIL, though, IMO.

yeah, junior heavyweight, i don't see him relevant at all anymore, but i like him in a tag team situation, particularly with Sanada because Sanada can be both fast and strong, so it works with different teams. I see BUSHI and SANADA as Mark Briscoe is to Jay Briscoe. EVIL i actually like him solo for the most part.

I've actually been liking EVIL less and less since he went back to New Japan. He's just become another "I hit you very hard and that's all there is to me" guy like Shibata and Ishii. At least Makabe has charisma and a big, exciting move to build up to and Goto and Shibata have wrestling skills. He's a completely unnecessary face in a completely unnecessary spot in a promotion that is already way too full.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 26th, '17, 11:55

KUSHIDA vs. Silas Young in Dearborn.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 26th, '17, 12:19

meh, that one i don't care about

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 26th, '17, 12:58

cero2k wrote:meh, that one i don't care about

They did it last year and it wasn't very good.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 26th, '17, 16:32

Briscoes & Bubba defend against Goto & Roppoingi Vice of CHAOS in NYC. Yet another title defense for these belts where no one earns it in any way and no one thinks the belts have a chance in hell of changing hands.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 26th, '17, 17:26

Big Red Machine wrote:Briscoes & Bubba defend against Goto & Roppoingi Vice of CHAOS in NYC. Yet another title defense for these belts where no one earns it in any way and no one thinks the belts have a chance in hell of changing hands.

idk, i wouldn't be surprised if ROH just gave the titles to someone on NJPW to take them on a trip for a while, but not while they wanna keep Bully happy/busy without actual booking

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 27th, '17, 15:03

War Machine vs. Lethal & Tanahashi in Dearborn

Jay White vs. Will Ospreay in NYC

Naito & BUSHI vs. Taven & Marseglia in Toronto

Two of these three matches will be excellent. The third one will have Vinny Marseglia in it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 27th, '17, 15:04

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Briscoes & Bubba defend against Goto & Roppoingi Vice of CHAOS in NYC. Yet another title defense for these belts where no one earns it in any way and no one thinks the belts have a chance in hell of changing hands.

idk, i wouldn't be surprised if ROH just gave the titles to someone on NJPW to take them on a trip for a while, but not while they wanna keep Bully happy/busy without actual booking

I doubt it. New Japan already has pointless trios belts. They don't need ROH's.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 1st, '17, 10:09

Dalton Castle & The Boys vs. Roppongi Vice & Gedo.

Snore. These pointless matches are really bogging down this whole tour.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 2nd, '17, 08:14

More pointless matches include:
The Rebellion (Caprice Coleman, Rhett Titus, & Shayne Taylor) vs. Jay White & MCMG for Dearborn
War Machine vs. Sanada & EVIL vs. Gresham & Sabin for NYC (non-title)
Kaz vs. Page also for NYC

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 2nd, '17, 09:52

More randomness: Bully Ray vs. Adam Page vs. Punishment Martinez for Toronto.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 2nd, '17, 10:45

Big Red Machine wrote:More pointless matches include:
The Rebellion (Caprice Coleman, Rhett Titus, & Shayne Taylor) vs. Jay White & MCMG for Dearborn

that first one should hopefully build to a 6-man title shot eventually and at least it's not random teams, which annoys me the most of these shows

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 2nd, '17, 11:14

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:More pointless matches include:

that first one should hopefully build to a 6-man title shot eventually and at least it's not random teams, which annoys me the most of these shows

But they don't need to do that because White & MCMG were about to win the belts at Honor Reigns Supreme when the Kingdom purposely got themselves DQed, so they should already be in line for a title match, but of course that finished hasn't even been mentioned since it happened. Meanwhile, The Rebellion have done literally nothing that has mattered in any way since they started being the cabinet almost a year ago, so I have no faith that anything they do here will matter at all. It's just a match to fill up the card because they feel they have to use these guys because they're under contract. MCMG will win because they're the babyfaces and it's in their home town, but ultimately, all this will do is eat up time on the card that could have been added to a different match. The roster needs to be cut down significantly, and The Rebellion (aside from Kenny King) should be the top names on the chopping block. Rhett can come back whenever Kenny needs a tag partner, but that's about it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 2nd, '17, 11:22

Big Red Machine wrote:But they don't need to do that because White & MCMG were about to win the belts at Honor Reigns Supreme when the Kingdom purposely got themselves DQed, so they should already be in line for a title match, but of course that finished hasn't even been mentioned since it happened. Meanwhile, The Rebellion have done literally nothing that has mattered in any way since they started being the cabinet almost a year ago, so I have no faith that anything they do here will matter at all. It's just a match to fill up the card because they feel they have to use these guys because they're under contract. MCMG will win because they're the babyfaces and it's in their home town, but ultimately, all this will do is eat up time on the card that could have been added to a different match. The roster needs to be cut down significantly, and The Rebellion (aside from Kenny King) should be the top names on the chopping block. Rhett can come back whenever Kenny needs a tag partner, but that's about it.

i mean, we know it's what you're saying, just random booking to get everyone a paycheck, but looking at it in kayfabe, while they are in line, they're not actually next in line, which i think a win here could do for them. I agree with getting rid of Rebellion, i've been saying that Coleman sucks for the longest time and I'd argue that i rather keep Taylor than King, or at least both of them as ta tag team and fuck titus.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 2nd, '17, 11:27

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:But they don't need to do that because White & MCMG were about to win the belts at Honor Reigns Supreme when the Kingdom purposely got themselves DQed, so they should already be in line for a title match, but of course that finished hasn't even been mentioned since it happened. Meanwhile, The Rebellion have done literally nothing that has mattered in any way since they started being the cabinet almost a year ago, so I have no faith that anything they do here will matter at all. It's just a match to fill up the card because they feel they have to use these guys because they're under contract. MCMG will win because they're the babyfaces and it's in their home town, but ultimately, all this will do is eat up time on the card that could have been added to a different match. The roster needs to be cut down significantly, and The Rebellion (aside from Kenny King) should be the top names on the chopping block. Rhett can come back whenever Kenny needs a tag partner, but that's about it.

i mean, we know it's what you're saying, just random booking to get everyone a paycheck, but looking at it in kayfabe, while they are in line, they're not actually next in line, which i think a win here could do for them.

They SHOULD be next in line but the problem is that they haven't been presented as if they are in the line at all. No one is presented as such. Title shots are just given out to anyone, for no reason whatsoever, whether they've won any matches together or not or even if they've even teamed together before.
cero2k wrote: I agree with getting rid of Rebellion, i've been saying that Coleman sucks for the longest time and I'd argue that i rather keep Taylor than King, or at least both of them as ta tag team and fuck titus.

I like Rhett. I don't get why people think he's so horrible as an undercard heel. I'd definitely demote him and Taylor to regional status at best. Taylor has some value in being a big, scary guy who can get jobbed out and have fun clashes with the likes of Punishment Martinez or Hanson or Rowe, but that's about it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 2nd, '17, 11:50

Big Red Machine wrote:They SHOULD be next in line but the problem is that they haven't been presented as if they are in the line at all. No one is presented as such. Title shots are just given out to anyone, for no reason whatsoever, whether they've won any matches together or not or even if they've even teamed together before.
i guess that's why i don't feel they're Next in line, I keep expecting the formality of winning a no 1 contender match or proving ground match or anything

I like Rhett. I don't get why people think he's so horrible as an undercard heel. I'd definitely demote him and Taylor to regional status at best. Taylor has some value in being a big, scary guy who can get jobbed out and have fun clashes with the likes of Punishment Martinez or Hanson or Rowe, but that's about it.
right now i guess i like Shane Taylor as a muscle to a smaller trash-talker, so i can see him and King together.
Titus, i like his wrestling, but he's been so poorly used since King went to Impact that I just don't care about him, ANX itself fell from grace

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 2nd, '17, 17:00

Top Prospect Tournament winner Josh Woods faces David Starr at War of the Worlds Philly

Bobby Fish takes on Dalton Castle at War of the Worlds Dearborn

Los Ingobernables de Japon take on Dalton Castle, Bully Ray, and The Briscoes at War of the Worlds Philly

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 3rd, '17, 15:36

For Dearnborn:

PROVING GROUND INSTANT REWARD 6-MAN MAYHEM – ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP:
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION MARTY SCURLL vs. “THE HEAVY METAL REBEL” FRANKIE KAZARIAN vs. WILL FERRARA vs. BEER CITY BRUISER vs. GEDO vs. CHEESEBURGER

Naito vs. Punishment Martinez

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 3rd, '17, 16:09

also announced, didn't see which shows tho

Cody vs Kaz
LIJ vs Ray and Briscoes for the titles.